Michael Gove & Cocaine

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Whiskyman

Michael Gove & Cocaine

Post by Whiskyman »

I don't have a massive amount of time for Michael Gove, in fact I think he's a bit of a nonentity. But does anyone else find the calls for him to quit the race to be PM because he admitted to using cocaine at uni fucking typical of the political classes ?

FFS the bloke has had the bollocks to admit doing something that is against the law. He has harmed no one. Nor has he ripped off the taxpayer by claiming expenses on properties he isn't entitled to claim for. I would bet a pound to a pinch of shit that if all the other mealy mouthed duplicitous fuckwits sitting on both sides of the house owned up to their indiscretions of the past, and in some cases the fucking present, Gove's experiment with cocaine wouldn't even register on the scale.

Fair play to him. Even though he's probably killed any chance he had of being elected leader. And I'd have a few sovs on Boris, the favourite, having more skeletons in his fucking cupboard than a fucking cemetery.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Marco Boogers Boots

Re: Michael Gove & Cocaine

Post by Marco Boogers Boots »

I don't actually give a shit that he took cocaine, but it wasn't at university it was whilst he was working as a journalist. Not sure if that makes any difference to anybody.

Also, it isn't only his drug taking that's calling his potential as PM in to question; as a minister he wrote policy that means anyone convicted of drug offences can't work as a teacher - slightly hypocritical in light of his recent admissions.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Marco Boogers Boots wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:42 am I don't actually give a shit that he took cocaine, but it wasn't at university it was whilst he was working as a journalist. Not sure if that makes any difference to anybody.

Also, it isn't only his drug taking that's calling his potential as PM in to question; as a minister he wrote policy that means anyone convicted of drug offences can't work as a teacher - slightly hypocritical in light of his recent admissions.
A hypocritical politician :!: :o Whatever next. ;) But you do of course have a point.

Thanks for correcting the uni bit, I read somewhere he said it was while he was a student. Perhaps the journo had been at the Colombian marching powder.

I don't give a shit he took it either tbh. In fact if it was down to me we'd legalise all drugs, which would take the supply out of the hands of criminals and, of course, enable our politicians to rake further tax revenues into the exchequer. I think I read somewhere we stop around 20% of drugs intended for this country from coming in. Which obviously means that in spite of vast amounts of money and police resources being used in the "war" against drugs it's not really having any effect if 80% is still getting to market.

So let's try another approach.

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

Only a few lines. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Now if he’d drunk a can of Mojito on a train.... ;)

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

If you can't be a teacher because you dabbled with drugs then you certainly can't be in any other position of responsibility. Fuck me, I wouldn't trust any of the current crop of loathsome wannabes to empty my bins let alone run the country.

Be honest, you have two job candidates- candidate A, one with a past that includes using class A drugs and candidate B, one who does not. Both are equally qualified and experienced, which one do you give the job to?

If you say A because you feel "everyone deserves a second chance", you can just fuck off and go sit on your snowflake puffing crack ya hipster fucktard. :D

Billy has zero tolerance for drugs. Tbf, Billy has zero tolerance for a lot of things but drugs is a biggie for me, despite the monika... ;)
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:14 pm If you can't be a teacher because you dabbled with drugs then you certainly can't be in any other position of responsibility. Fuck me, I wouldn't trust any of the current crop of loathsome wannabes to empty my bins let alone run the country.

Be honest, you have two job candidates- candidate A, one with a past that includes using class A drugs and candidate B, one who does not. Both are equally qualified and experienced, which one do you give the job to?

If you say A because you feel "everyone deserves a second chance", you can just fuck off and go sit on your snowflake puffing crack ya hipster fucktard. :D

Billy has zero tolerance for drugs. Tbf, Billy has zero tolerance for a lot of things but drugs is a biggie for me, despite the monika... ;)
Ah, but possibly the one who has admitted using is demonstrating an inherent honest streak which the other candidate, keeping quiet about his dubious youth, hasn't. ;)

But I do agree with your overall assessment of our current crop of politicians. Run the country ? I wouldn't trust them to run a bath without a comprehensive list of step by step instructions in words of one monosyllable.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:34 pm
BillyDWhizz wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:14 pm If you can't be a teacher because you dabbled with drugs then you certainly can't be in any other position of responsibility. Fuck me, I wouldn't trust any of the current crop of loathsome wannabes to empty my bins let alone run the country.

Ah, but possibly the one who has admitted using is demonstrating an inherent honest streak which the other candidate, keeping quiet about his dubious youth, hasn't. ;)

But I do agree with your overall assessment of our current crop of politicians. Run the country ? I wouldn't trust them to run a bath without a comprehensive list of step by step instructions in words of one monosyllable.
Less of an honest streak and more of a forced admission before the truth got out methinks.

My kids did that when they were little... only told the truth about when they did something wrong because they knew eventually someone would break and then their punishment would be compounded! :lol:

This lot of - and I use the term as loosely as possible here, "politicians" wouldn't have said a fucking dicky-bird had not the fact that others who know about their misdeeds would be only too happy to spill the beans on them.

palerider

Post by palerider »

I suppose I'd be fucked then if the business with the sheep got out.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

palerider wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:09 pm I suppose I'd be fucked then if the business with the sheep got out.

palerider

Post by palerider »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:44 pm
palerider wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:09 pm I suppose I'd be fucked then if the business with the sheep got out.
Where the fuck you get that photo !!