Netflix , Tv , Movies , Box sets , whatever...

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
kingclyde

Re: Netflix

Post by kingclyde »

jameskel wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:48 pm "Breast milk and Vaginal yeast"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kingclyde

Post by kingclyde »

Pennywise wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:32 pm
kingclyde wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:48 am

Me too. I'm on to the fourth episode and it is brilliant. The perfect mix of poignancy, devastating emotion, and hilarity. I thought he was a smart writer, but this is something else.

He is an interesting character, Completely shuns the normal celeb trappings. His Desert Island Discs was illuminating - "The reason you'll never see papped pictures of me stumbling out of China Whites pissed at 2am is because me and the wife spend almost every evening in our pyjamas watching telly by 9pm".

Good interview with him on the radio on a show called Headliners. It does give some insight into him and his motivation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p071zm9l
Me and the missus are restarting it tonight, she went nuts when she found out I'd started without her. 😂

Have you seen Derek? Genuinely a beautiful show, so well written and performed. You start it feeling uncomfortable that this may be taking the mick out of the characters, but it doesn't at all. It is probably in my top 3, I absolutely loved it.
Finished watching the series tonight. Really very good.

I have never seen Derek, but James recommended it too. I need to give it a look.

Avit

Post by Avit »

Derek ..big love..
(The series that is) :?

Pennywise

Post by Pennywise »

Avit wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:07 am Derek ..big love..
(The series that is) :?
After Life is as good, if not better.

Binge watched the series last night with my beautiful wife, it is absolutely brilliant.

Post by 21212 »

Cannot watch Gervais as his self satisfied, smugness seeps into every character he plays.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

I like Gervais, but I thought After Life was just okay.
There's just something slightly off about a late middle aged man sacrificing others at the altar of his own self pity.
That's not to say it wasn't funny.
But in my opinion Derek was much better.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

21212 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:50 pm Cannot watch Gervais as his self satisfied, smugness seeps into every character he plays.
Careful, someone might suggest your constant negativity and cuntishness seeps into every character you play... this one included.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

kingclyde

Post by kingclyde »

Neville Bartos wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:56 pm There's just something slightly off about a late middle aged man sacrificing others at the altar of his own self pity.
Just me being a bit dim Nev, but what do you mean?

Post by 21212 »

kingclyde wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:32 pm
Neville Bartos wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:56 pm There's just something slightly off about a late middle aged man sacrificing others at the altar of his own self pity.
You mean you don't know?
Let me fill you in.

It means:
I'm going to try and look intelligent, but please God let no one question it and expose me for the thick shit I am.

Happy to be of service.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

kingclyde wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:32 pm
The character is selectively manipulative, rude, and honest -- which can be, and often is, subjective.
It's the selective part which makes the whole thing self pitying.
The first time the character does anything that might result in serious consequences for himself he's nauseatingly apologetic.

By the end of the show I really didn't like the Tony character.