Ray Barton

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Gerry G

Ray Barton

Post by Gerry G »

There was a few topics about him on here last year and several people knew him i just wondered if anyone knows if his out of jail yet and if so would they be willing to give me a contact number for him.
West Ham till i die

boleynbill

Re: Ray Barton

Post by boleynbill »

I think he gets out a week before christmas mate i don’t know him personally but a few mates of mine know him i will ask them for you bud.
Get out of my club !

Alan Dev

Post by Alan Dev »

Guys his not the type of dude who’s digits you wanna be passing around best to wait to his out and catch up one to one.
Yeah and good luck with that 😝

Gerry G

Post by Gerry G »

No nothing like that Barton kept an eye on my lad got him out of a few scrapes inside i just wanted to thank him personally that’s all cheers bill message me that be great pal
West Ham till i die

Alan Dev

Post by Alan Dev »

Gerry G wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:15 pm No nothing like that Barton kept an eye on my lad got him out of a few scrapes inside i just wanted to thank him personally that’s all cheers bill message me that be great pal
That’s nice to hear Gerry i have been told that despite the blokes reputation he does do a lot of good things for people very generous apparently.I see him a few of times over the boleyn i know he had a bm6 box but don’t know if he gets to the new place

boleynbill

Post by boleynbill »

I dought it his been in prison for the last 3 years 😉
Get out of my club !

BilboBaggins

Post by BilboBaggins »

This is interesting , Barton had a film made about him back in 1996, Nick Berry off Eastenders & Heartbeat played him :

"Respect is a single British television drama film, written by Richard LaPlante and directed by Terry Marcel, that first broadcast on 17 December 1996 on ITV. The film stars Nick Berry as Bobby Carr and is based on the early years in the life of notorious East London villain Ray Barton,a professional boxer who is forced to retire from the sport after receiving a serious eye injury during a fight"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Respect_(1996_film)

Prehistoric

Post by Prehistoric »

I use to train with Ray years ago behind the Black Lion pub in Plaistow proper character he was , could of been a good boxer but was too wrapped up in dodgy stuff i remember c.i.d climbing up in the ring and cuffing him up during training once.He reminded me of the Dennis Waterman character in Minder.
I remember that program Respect , Zammo ( just say no ) was in it , Ray had a global puncture it was a bad injury what needed operations on it , i think he just fully committed to crime after that , i read a few years ago he’s a legit business man now worth 20 million quid

Alan Dev

Post by Alan Dev »

He is the one who the Billericay owner Tamplin threatened one of his players with silly cunt i dought if Barton was to pleased about that mates or not.

boleynbill

Post by boleynbill »

I’ve heard some stories about how Barton dealt with bad guys and all i can say is , he had some dark cold sinister street wisdom when he was young that held him in good stead for an inevitable criminal career that made him feared and respected in equal measures.
Think of Lennie McLean and Tony Soprano rolled into one
Get out of my club !