the west ham years gone by thread

Chat about anything football related here!
BoleynBadges

Re: the west ham years gone by thread

Post by BoleynBadges »

BoleynBadges

Post by BoleynBadges »

our sir john lyall

BoleynBadges

Post by BoleynBadges »

HamstasParadise

Post by HamstasParadise »

For a bit of mild nostalgia for anyone who used to use the cut-through from Tudor Road to Priory Road, Google Maps Street View still shows the view down Priory Road with the back of the North Bank and end of the East Stand. But it only works if you drop your pin at the very northern end of the dead end that turns in to Albion Way. As soon as you move south it changes into the current view with the block of flats in place of the stands 😢

If someone can recommend somewhere to host pics for free I’ll link to the screenshots.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” (Mark Twain.)

HamstasParadise

Post by HamstasParadise »

On a different note I don’t understand why the club would have sold the steam train nameplate that was above the turnstiles of the West Stand terrace turnstiles, in the auction of Boleyn Ground memorabilia. Should have kept this.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” (Mark Twain.)

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

HamstasParadise wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:01 pm For a bit of mild nostalgia for anyone who used to use the cut-through from Tudor Road to Priory Road, Google Maps Street View still shows the view down Priory Road with the back of the North Bank and end of the East Stand. But it only works if you drop your pin at the very northern end of the dead end that turns in to Albion Way. As soon as you move south it changes into the current view with the block of flats in place of the stands 😢

If someone can recommend somewhere to host pics for free I’ll link to the screenshots.
Used that way sometimes if slurping in the working mans club stopping off en route at the hole in the wall for a Mad dog roll.

h69

Post by h69 »

HamstasParadise wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:01 pm For a bit of mild nostalgia for anyone who used to use the cut-through from Tudor Road to Priory Road, Google Maps Street View still shows the view down Priory Road with the back of the North Bank and end of the East Stand. But it only works if you drop your pin at the very northern end of the dead end that turns in to Albion Way. As soon as you move south it changes into the current view with the block of flats in place of the stands 😢

You can drop your pin on Priory road and then go to street view and change the date all the way back to 2008 using the slider.
Then click the pic above the slider for full screen. you can move around and if it changes back to present day just use the slider again.
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-09-21 at 11.01.59.png
Screenshot 2021-09-21 at 11.01.59.png (567.41 KiB) Viewed 1276 times

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:34 am

Used that way sometimes if slurping in the working mans club stopping off en route at the hole in the wall for a Mad dog roll.
That hole in the wall was a regular stop off for me as well mate. Sausage and Bacon in a french stick with onions and a decent dollop of Mr Colman's finest. Bloody lovely. Can't remember which player it was named after though. If I remember right all the grub had a player's name given to it.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:34 am

That hole in the wall was a regular stop off for me as well mate. Sausage and Bacon in a french stick with onions and a decent dollop of Mr Colman's finest. Bloody lovely. Can't remember which player it was named after though. If I remember right all the grub had a player's name given to it.
Indeed it did ,can’t for the life of me remember the menu
Would love to see someone stick it up.

h69

Post by h69 »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:32 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am

Indeed it did ,can’t for the life of me remember the menu
Would love to see someone stick it up.
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-09-21 at 12.03.09.png
Screenshot 2021-09-21 at 12.03.09.png (250.56 KiB) Viewed 1264 times