Fan Representation

Chat about anything football related here!
frogiron

Fan Representation

Post by frogiron »

I’m confused as to where we are now, vis-à-vis representing fan's wishes and opinions to the board of WHU.

According to the last meeting’s minutes, the RWHFG foresee on-going meetings between them and the club, with them representing the wider fanbase, to include some jolly jaunts to away games to inspect facilities with board members.

It feels like they see themselves as the “lead” group, rather than the WHUISA. Which I find curious as I cannot recall anyone asking for my vote.

The WHUISA, meanwhile, come across as a bit sulky because they have tried to fulfill this role for the past two years and complain they have been ignored.

What cannot be argued is that, collectively, they have been out thought, out witted and out maneuvered by the Board in the past few weeks.

At the same time they were calling off the march the majority of fans wanted, these groups, according to the minutes they themselves wrote and circulated, agreed to formulate a “strategy” to encourage pissed-off fans to come back to games. Which is really surprising, because that seems quite like the kind of thing a Board should be doing. Not fan’s representatives.

I’m curious as to what kind of representation the wider fanbase wants.

The RWHFG’s justification for cancelling the march is that they have achieved what they set out to do. If this is the case, what is the justification for their continued involvement?

The WHUISA admit they have been trying to be heard for two years without making any impact.

So, who SHOULD be representing fans wishes to the club? WHUISA, the RWHFG, or another option?
GTFOOOCYTPPOC

Pennywise

Re: Fan Representation

Post by Pennywise »

frogiron wrote:I’m confused as to where we are now, vis-à-vis representing fan's wishes and opinions to the board of WHU.

According to the last meeting’s minutes, the RWHFG foresee on-going meetings between them and the club, with them representing the wider fanbase, to include some jolly jaunts to away games to inspect facilities with board members.

It feels like they see themselves as the “lead” group, rather than the WHUISA. Which I find curious as I cannot recall anyone asking for my vote.

The WHUISA, meanwhile, come across as a bit sulky because they have tried to fulfill this role for the past two years and complain they have been ignored.

What cannot be argued is that, collectively, they have been out thought, out witted and out maneuvered by the Board in the past few weeks.

At the same time they were calling off the march the majority of fans wanted, these groups, according to the minutes they themselves wrote and circulated, agreed to formulate a “strategy” to encourage pissed-off fans to come back to games. Which is really surprising, because that seems quite like the kind of thing a Board should be doing. Not fan’s representatives.

I’m curious as to what kind of representation the wider fanbase wants.

The RWHFG’s justification for cancelling the march is that they have achieved what they set out to do. If this is the case, what is the justification for their continued involvement?

The WHUISA admit they have been trying to be heard for two years without making any impact.

So, who SHOULD be representing fans wishes to the club? WHUISA, the RWHFG, or another option?
I don't care to be honest Frog. I've tried to keep a distance from all this, but what I've seen from both sides has left such a sour taste that I shan't be renewing next season.

Accusing those in charge of whichever fucking group was 'organising' all this of taking backhanders is a bit much, but it still fucking stinks.

Anybody had a decent answer on why they cancelled? Thought not.

Fuck the lot of 'em.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

The fella stating on video it was about getting a foot in the door ,must have said it a100 fucking times but they achieved a foot in the door.

We shall see.

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

Cunts

I think that covers all
Covid in the Boardroom

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep »

Pennywise wrote:

Accusing those in charge of whichever fucking group was 'organising' all this of taking backhanders is a bit much, but it still fucking stinks.

Fuck the lot of 'em.
Thats very relevant Andy...... Has there been a statement from the first marching mob as to what commitments have satisfied them sufficiently to mess with the parade ?

TargetMan

Post by TargetMan »

Purpose of representatives is to represent fans, majority of fans. And if they decided to do something that is against the huge majority (cancel marching) then they're crap and not representatives.

frogiron

Post by frogiron »

jameskel wrote:Cunts

I think that covers all
Is that an opinion on existing representation, or a suggestion for who should represent fans going forward James?

If it is the latter, we'll need to narrow it down a bit. We are West Ham fans. Ergo, we are all cunts.
GTFOOOCYTPPOC

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

The five point plan was rather lame let’s be fair.

palerider

Post by palerider »

I watched the 12 minute blog from the chap on WHFTV, Micky Hawkins is it ? I've never met the guy and he seems a decent and sincere bloke, but a lot of what he said doesn't ring quite true to me.

He says that the fans now have a 'foot in the door'.

Is this the West Ham liberation front, or the Liberation front of West Ham ? There seem to be so many. But it any case, the idea of starting small rather than ask for the world, which was his point was excellent. And in an ideal world would be the right choice.

Except that we're talking about the shyster bros.

Sullivan was 'ill'. How convenient. And I'd suggest he'll be ill the next time too when he promises to attend and discuss team investment, which, badges, flags and hot-dogs respectfully put to one side, is what 99% of us are really concerned about, and may yet see us relegated.

The fans need to be united as one, not members of various disparate groups across the country. Then and only then will this 'foot in the door' actually mean a thing.

Fan representation needs to have everyone singing from the same hymn sheet. Much as though I've trumpeted the 'board must go' mantra for many months now, I know that's not going to happen.

Just get together and agree with one another. A march of some form will go ahead next Saturday and I'll be there. Only by doing this, and then repeating it, will the 3 stooges do a damn thing.

West Ham Way ?

Look at my face. Am I bovvered ?

Pennywise

Post by Pennywise »

Mikeveep wrote:
Pennywise wrote:

Fuck the lot of 'em.
Thats very relevant Andy...... Has there been a statement from the first marching mob as to what commitments have satisfied them sufficiently to mess with the parade ?
That's what is gripping me more than anything Mike. The groups who were 'representing' us have been as good at answering questions as the board they were protesting.

You can't stir the masses and then just turn your back in silence as they have without a backlash.

I've watched that video, 20 minutes and no answer as to why, just mostly incoherent mumbling about getting our 'foot in the door.'

It stinks mate.