Andy Carroll to Chelsea

Chat about anything football related here!
redhammer
Site Admin

Andy Carroll to Chelsea

Post by redhammer »

I remember laughing at this last week but it seems genuine, afterall.

Chelsea want Carroll on loan while we want either Batshuayi to come the other way for the remainder of the season or a hefty fee.

I know Conte likes to have a big striker but am not convinced Carroll is the answer but then again, they are struggling to find the net and he clearly doesn't rate Batshuayi. Could be an interesting few days.

Vladnar

Re: Andy Carroll to Chelsea

Post by Vladnar »

We do not want Batty couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo chutswei or whatever and if we do lose our large aerial threat we want 35 mill (well 20+) and get rid of his wages to free up room not just a rubbish loan deal.

Chelski are loaded if you want something PAY FOR IT

V

ps, he is not the answer for chelski anyway, no chance.....late on super sub at the very best if lucky even for that....sorry andy but you are much better off here...play regular and do well for west ham, only chance for getting to WC

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

If I had a smigeon of confidence that our lot had the appetite and ability to bring in a quality replacement, I’d gladly pay Carroll’s taxi fare to West London.
The only thing the club have spent more money on than his wages over the years are medical bills.

But, alas I have no confidence in them being astute and wily enough to have a quality replacement lined up. Until then, I’d rather keep what we have.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

ToneLoc wrote:If I had a smigeon of confidence that our lot had the appetite and ability to bring in a quality replacement, I’d gladly pay Carroll’s taxi fare to West London.
The only thing the club have spent more money on than his wages over the years are medical bills.

But, alas I have no confidence in them being astute and wily enough to have a quality replacement lined up. Until then, I’d rather keep what we have.
As much as I dislike the way we play when AC is in the team I agree Tony . 0 confidence a replacement will be brought in .

As for Batty Boy . Terrific player imo that I wanted 18 months ago .
However . Would he suit us any more than Hernandez does at the mo ?
Besides , when’s the last time ANY swap deal went through ANYWHERE ?
Exactly . Paper talk .
Bring back Jonathon !

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Loan deal...absolutely not no way,bad bad business..as much as he will only be a bench sitter
at chelsea,and not play much,he will be expected to commit 100% in training,unlike he does
here.
And will only be a matter of time before another pull ,and he's back with us,back to square one
again.(Nailed on the cheats would have that written into any contract)
He's well worth 12/15 mill to someone...maybe a championship side looking for promotion,
would be a cracking buy for someone like that.....
In saying that the wages these days are huge part if a player moves or not,and would hold up/stop
a move like that,that football wise benefits everyone...

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

£35 mil for Carroll?! Now that made me laugh, seems like he probably got a golden arse whilst on the injury table. Even £20 mil is too much for him considering.

Can't see Chelski forking out to buy him so a loan deal with a swap might be more the thing. Batty would be a good option and save Sullivan some money on actually having to fork out.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote:Loan deal...absolutely not no way,bad bad business..as much as he will only be a bench sitter
at chelsea,and not play much,he will be expected to commit 100% in training,unlike he does
here.
And will only be a matter of time before another pull ,and he's back with us,back to square one
again.(Nailed on the cheats would have that written into any contract)
He's well worth 12/15 mill to someone...maybe a championship side looking for promotion,
would be a cracking buy for someone like that.....
In saying that the wages these days are huge part if a player moves or not,and would hold up/stop
a move like that,that football wise benefits everyone...
Can't agree with your valuation mate. I make you right that a championship promotion pushing side could benefit from having him. But he'd only be any use if he was fit enough to play, and that's enough to put off many buyers I guess.

Probably why Chelsea want as loan deal. Plus the likelihood that Conte won't be there next season and his replacement may not want someone like Carroll in the side.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

The dildos might well buy a replacement for Carroll but they would spend less than they receive and buy an unproven then pocket the rest. Agree with Tone and Tim though
COYI!!!

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

JayK wrote:The dildos might well buy a replacement for Carroll but they would spend less than they receive and buy an unproven then pocket the rest. Agree with Tone and Tim though
Lets be devils advocate. Why would Sullivan feel the need to buy another striker if he can loan one. Also we been better imo upfront giving Arnie that free role. And lets say Sakho doesn't go, which looks likely, well not till the end of the season, that gives us him. Ok it might mean triggering his pay deal, but I'm sure once or twice is going to be cheaper for them than buying another striker.

Maybe I'm thinking too much or not at all. Also we all know where the money would be better spent.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

JayK

Post by JayK »

eskimo joe wrote:
JayK wrote:The dildos might well buy a replacement for Carroll but they would spend less than they receive and buy an unproven then pocket the rest. Agree with Tone and Tim though
Lets be devils advocate. Why would Sullivan feel the need to buy another striker if he can loan one. Also we been better imo upfront giving Arnie that free role. And lets say Sakho doesn't go, which looks likely, well not till the end of the season, that gives us him. Ok it might mean triggering his pay deal, but I'm sure once or twice is going to be cheaper for them than buying another striker.

Maybe I'm thinking too much or not at all. Also we all know where the money would be better spent.
You’re right mate. Same as the stadium. Why buy when you can rent/loan. Our lot are cheaper than cheap. No faith in them whatsoever.
COYI!!!