Burke, Cullen & 2018

Chat about anything football related here!
redhammer
Site Admin

Burke, Cullen & 2018

Post by redhammer »

They both start today against Shrewsbury and it means they have to either stay with us for the rest of the season or go back to Bolton (rules dictate you can sign for 3 different clubs but only play for 2).

So, what would you do with them?

Personally hope they both remain here and get some chances, much rather see Cullen than us splash out on Shelvey or Arter, truth be told. Our midfield issue is bodies as was as talent, Oxford and Cullen remove the body issue, will they solve the talent? I'd like to find out.

mkhammer

Re: Burke, Cullen & 2018

Post by mkhammer »

Agree mate should be an Ideal game to give them a go,been a big part of our problems,not
having guys like this on the bench to give them the occasional run out,so they're up to speed,
and can step in to cover injuries,we are obviously bringing players back in to early from
Knocks/injuries...stands out a mile.

We all know our MF is struggling,we might have the answers with our reserves,we're just
not finding out.

Cullen for example could have stepped in when Lanzini had to miss a Couple,Rice should be being
used to give Zabs a rest up now and again,means could bring Burke in on the bench,need to unload
AC get Martinez in as Sub,we have what looks to be some real talent here,lets use them..

Towie

Post by Towie »

Having seen some of them talent in the checkatrade cup they most certainly not ready to step up.

However exceptions are Rice & Oxford.
Burke & Cullen were very good at Bradford league 1 level same as today's opponents so definately shouldn't be out of place in today's game. But can they step up to premier league?
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

redhammer wrote:They both start today against Shrewsbury and it means they have to either stay with us for the rest of the season or go back to Bolton (rules dictate you can sign for 3 different clubs but only play for 2).

Personally hope they both remain here and get some chances, much rather see Cullen than us splash out on Shelvey or Arter, truth be told. Our midfield issue is bodies as was as talent, Oxford and Cullen remove the body issue, will they solve the talent? I'd like to find out.
Most definitely Geo , much rather keep Cullen then sign Shelvey , As with Burke would rather keep him then sign Mawson .

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

redhammer wrote:They both start today against Shrewsbury and it means they have to either stay with us for the rest of the season or go back to Bolton (rules dictate you can sign for 3 different clubs but only play for 2).

Like what i have seen of Burke. Not seen enough of Cullen.
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

That is encouraging news. It will be good to see how they are developing.

No need to be defensive today. We should be able to play a more open style of play.
Flairon

Far West Hammer

Post by Far West Hammer »

I'm really looking forward to seeing Cullen and Burke play today. I think it adds a bit of excitement to games getting to see our young players play, and there is genuine opportunity for both of them to win places in the first team squad so they should both be very motivated.

I really don't want West Ham to sign Shelvey. I can't even believe they are considering it. He's too shit to start for Newcastle, ffs. And the same goes for Arter. It's too early to be signing players for the Championship. I'd rather the club signed nobody.

Porterman

Post by Porterman »

Both back to Bolton.

And if you can get a fiver count yourself lucky.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

So far away from being PL standard it's laughable. They'll make no impression on the first team this season so should be carted off back to Bolton to continue their development.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano »

BillyDWhizz wrote:So far away from being PL standard it's laughable. They'll make no impression on the first team this season so should be carted off back to Bolton to continue their development.
Sorry I disagree. The FA Cup isn't always the best place to judge. I thought the players who were playing their 3rd game in 5 days all looked knackered, they could run around, but were unable to sprint or turn quickly. To me Burke was playing out of position, but did pretty well and is definitely worth another look. Cullen was also playing out of position and failed to impose himself until he moved to his preferred position of centre midfield. He then started to get involved and was pivotal to us starting to take control until he took a flying boot in the boat.

I'd certainly be happy to keep them and I'm telling you Mawson is no better than Burke and certainly not £25 M better.