Reece Burke or Reece Oxford to replace Tomkins next season?

Chat about anything football related here!
Ironstalk

Reece Burke or Reece Oxford to replace Tomkins next season?

Post by Ironstalk »

As Tomkins has gone, we need some cover to replace him and it's likely to be Burke or Oxford, which one would you choose and which one would you loan out? Or maybe have both as cover?

Down under mick

Re: Reece Burke or Reece Oxford to replace Tomkins next season?

Post by Down under mick »

Ironstalk wrote:As Tomkins has gone, we need some cover to replace him and it's likely to be Burke or Oxford, which one would you choose and which one would you loan out? Or maybe have both as cover?
Hopefully both

Happyhammer

Post by Happyhammer »

Just about to watch the u19s euros, oxford only makes the bench behind 4 defenders ive honestly never heard of.

Towie

Post by Towie »

I would say Burke is just ahead of Oxford in his development from his successful season at Bradford.

Oxford for as good as he was against Arsenal and there lesser physicality, against the brutes like Lukaku he showed he was not strong enough physically to cope. Oxford should get a few games in the Europa league but Burke for me is the PL back up player.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

hamz

Post by hamz »

i think we probably need to sign another journeyman like collins to add more experience and depth, can't imagine going into such a long season with just 3 recognised cbs.. filling tomkins boots is a massive ask, far too much for either kid for their first season in the top flight

not to mention the lack of depth we have out wide, we really need to get a few more bodies in imho, cover for cresswell is critical and a defensive option at right back, maybe we can get a solid cb who can provide cover on either side... like tomkins :cry: