BATSHUAYI????

Chat about anything football related here!
IrishIron

BATSHUAYI????

Post by IrishIron »

After scrolling through the news now site for anything West Ham related as I am starved of seeing the love of my life for another few weeks and need some sort of action as watching ireland at Euro 16 is seriously depressing me, I came across a few places quoting that we are 'on the verge of signing' BATSHUAYI.. For ??30.8mill

Now I know that there is a load of shitty journalism going around especially with the amount of players we are being linked with but this kind of makes sense as Marseille must sell in the next 7-10days as they are seriously broke..

I have only seen clips of him on you tube but is he the 20 goal a season striker we need or is this story more silly season stuff?

Heathrow1

Re : BATSHUAYI????

Post by Heathrow1 »

I heard he turned us down wanted to go to the yids

IrishIron

Re: BATSHUAYI????

Post by IrishIron »

yea head that as well but apparently the spuds won't meet Marseille valuation and they now want to sell to us.. when will this striker merry go ever end

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

IrishIron wrote:yea head that as well but apparently the spuds won't meet Marseille valuation and they now want to sell to us.. when will this striker merry go ever end
See the last post on the strikers thread ;)
Bring back Jonathon !

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Fuck him. Go and rot with the Spuds.

Comin2HammerU

Post by Comin2HammerU »

Going to Juventus apparently

palerider

Post by palerider »

It won't happen.

They all want Champions League football. At least, all the good ones based in France. The only way to get them if you can't offer that is to pay really ridiculous money. What would Lyon and Lacazette say if Sully said 'Ok final offer. 50 million quid and 250k a week ?' The man from Del Monte, he say yes.

And I'm glad we're not doing that. not being held to ransom for a player for whom there's no guarantee of success in the harsh surroundings of the PL where, unlike in Johnny Foreigner land, there's often little protection from the referees and cunts like James McCarthy can kick you at will and put you out if action for 3 months.

Man City are a prime example. 30 million for Mangala last summer. A player who'd have struggled in the Wells U-15 tournament I went to on Sunday. And now they're lining up a 40 million bid for a winger. Probably to replace the 49 million dud they bought in Raheem Sterling. It's ludicrous money.

Yes we have money. And lots of it. Relatively speaking. But if you remember Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. the Holy Grail was hidden amongst a horde of other cups. The bad-guy Nazi picked the glittering one, drank from it and dissolved into dust. 'He chose poorly' said the 700 year-old knight who guarded the cups. Indiana picked the one that looked 'like the cup of a carpenter'. 'He chose wisely.

Lacazette and Batty-boy have always for me been those glittering prizes that may well flatter to deceive. Ok if you're backed by the arabs who can swap them just as quickly as they can their solid gold bath taps. But we're backed by a couple of blokes who sell crotchless knickers and wank mags. Not that I'm knocking them for that but you'll get my drift. We can't not just break, but shatter our transfer record on a punt. Even a good one.

Don't be tempted Sullivan. Go for Benteke. Choose wisely.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

palerider wrote:It won't happen.

They all want Champions League football. At least, all the good ones based in France. The only way to get them if you can't offer that is to pay really ridiculous money. What would Lyon and Lacazette say if Sully said 'Ok final offer. 50 million quid and 250k a week ?' The man from Del Monte, he say yes.

And I'm glad we're not doing that. not being held to ransom for a player for whom there's no guarantee of success in the harsh surroundings of the PL where, unlike in Johnny Foreigner land, there's often little protection from the referees and cunts like James McCarthy can kick you at will and put you out if action for 3 months.

Man City are a prime example. 30 million for Mangala last summer. A player who'd have struggled in the Wells U-15 tournament I went to on Sunday. And now they're lining up a 40 million bid for a winger. Probably to replace the 49 million dud they bought in Raheem Sterling. It's ludicrous money.

Yes we have money. And lots of it. Relatively speaking. But if you remember Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. the Holy Grail was hidden amongst a horde of other cups. The bad-guy Nazi picked the glittering one, drank from it and dissolved into dust. 'He chose poorly' said the 700 year-old knight who guarded the cups. Indiana picked the one that looked 'like the cup of a carpenter'. 'He chose wisely.

Lacazette and Batty-boy have always for me been those glittering prizes that may well flatter to deceive. Ok if you're backed by the arabs who can swap them just as quickly as they can their solid gold bath taps. But we're backed by a couple of blokes who sell crotchless knickers and wank mags. Not that I'm knocking them for that but you'll get my drift. We can't not just break, but shatter our transfer record on a punt. Even a good one.

Don't be tempted Sullivan. Go for Benteke. Choose wisely.
You had me gripped right until the benteke bit.lucky it was at the end :-)
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

IrishIron

Post by IrishIron »

beneke wouldn't be a bad signing he will score goals but my fear is how long will it take him to the discover his form.. have we even considered giroud from the Arse??

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

Comin2HammerU wrote:Going to Juventus apparently
What I expect as well now since Morata has gone back to Real!

The only striker we have been linked with I don't think I've ever seen play.