Team for Swansea

Chat about anything football related here!
Stevehealeywhu

Re: Team for Swansea

Post by Stevehealeywhu »

Much prefer a proper 3-5-2 but suspect it will be fernandes in for obiang and would replace lanzini with ayew who picked up some decent positions Saturday. Long term who like to see obiang and fernandes and kouyate in central midfield with Payet off Carroll

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

IronsForever wrote:
Taansend wrote:
I like it but I'd switch Lanzini with Fernandes
Agreed
Couldn't disagree more . Lanzini & Payet isn't really working in tandem at the moment and LanZini played the role well at Spuds.

Oh and Fernandes is an attacking midfielder by trade .
If he's good enough to play then he's better than a makeshift defensive MF or right back .
Bring back Jonathon !

MeppyMepz

Post by MeppyMepz »

IronsForever wrote:
Taansend wrote:
I like it but I'd switch Lanzini with Fernandes
Agreed
I think lanzini's best game this season was against spurs, and he was playing in nobles position, I thought he was brilliant in deep midfield, that way we might get the best out of fernandes playing him in his natural position

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

Newmarket wrote:
IronsForever wrote: Agreed
Couldn't disagree more . Lanzini & Payet isn't really working in tandem at the moment and LanZini played the role well at Spuds.

If he's good enough to play then he's better than a makeshift defensive MF or right back .
Depends what Lanzini turns up. When he is on he can play anywhere. I think he is a better attacking Mid option than fernandes who is still learning the trade so to speak.
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

MeppyMepz

Post by MeppyMepz »

IronsForever wrote:
Newmarket wrote: Couldn't disagree more . Lanzini & Payet isn't really working in tandem at the moment and LanZini played the role well at Spuds.

Depends what Lanzini turns up. When he is on he can play anywhere. I think he is a better attacking Mid option than fernandes who is still learning the trade so to speak.
To be fair though lanzini hasn't been that decent this year in the attacking mid, definitely not as good as he was last year in that position, but when he took nobles place in a deeper role it was his best game of the season so far, and we've played Fernandes nearly every position apart from his natural attacking mid, so we can't really say he will do any better or worse than lanzini, and (correct me if I'm wrong) lanzini's been subbed nearly every game this season while his been in attacking mid sometimes as early as half time, but against spurs I'm sure he played the full 90 mins in the deeper role

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

I personally feel that Fernandes and Noble would be a great match in central midfield.

It's more about him than where Lanzini plays

Thailandkev

Post by Thailandkev »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Surely we can beat them with him in charge ..... :lol:

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

MeppyMepz wrote:
IronsForever wrote:
To be fair though lanzini hasn't been that decent this year in the attacking mid, definitely not as good as he was last year in that position, but when he took nobles place in a deeper role it was his best game of the season so far, and we've played Fernandes nearly every position apart from his natural attacking mid, so we can't really say he will do any better or worse than lanzini, and (correct me if I'm wrong) lanzini's been subbed nearly every game this season while his been in attacking mid sometimes as early as half time, but against spurs I'm sure he played the full 90 mins in the deeper role
I agree. I said a while back i would like to see him come off the bench with half hour to go, but start with a stronger looking Mid . He did have a blinder against Spuds and Chelsea but he can drift out of games too often for my liking.
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Noni

Post by Noni »

A team that will win!! :? :D