Payet

Chat about anything football related here!
hammerman69

Payet

Post by hammerman69 »

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... says-agent

Pretty honest coming from an agent !

grandad

If Payet

Post by grandad »

Plays another game for us i will be shocked ( very pleased mind )

And last night i made sure i was able to watch the france game because he was playing but England....... i look for things to do so i dont watch them !!!!!!And if a silly money offer comes in for him and we take it i will be so gutted but life moves on and its better we had him for a season than never had him at all i suppose :cry:

Fingers crossed his age counts against a big move
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

IrishIron

Re: If Payet

Post by IrishIron »

to be fair to the lad he was top class last season and has given his all for the team.. I would already class him as a club legend!! but if silly money comes in the region of 60 mill we would be stupid not to consider it. honestly we all know there will be bids but I actually think he will stay with us as his only other options who can pay that money- Madrid, barca, psg, city- he will not be a guaranteed starter whereas with us- we are on the up and he will only enhance his rep--

AngerNcarnate

Post by AngerNcarnate »

it would be a mistake for him to finish his career anywhere else in my opinion. the man was rocketed into deity status this season for and by us. he will be the top dog in a new high capacity and heavily watched stadium that has been a hot button issue, i.e. any publicity is good publicity. all In all after last season, the euros now, and the upcoming increased television coverage Payet is sitting in the fucking catbird seat at west ham and were he to finish out his playing days with us he will no doubt go out a true legend ushering in a new brand of premier league football where the so called "big" clubs of yesterday are a thing of the past and true any given game day competition reigns. this could truly be the beginning of something huge in football and it could very well happen on the west ham stage.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

The problem we have in accepting any bid is that we are unlikely to buy a better player because for the past 5 seasons Payet has created as many chances for his team mates than anyone but Messi.

He was ranked amongst the top 5 players statistically for the past 4 years but initially it was suggested that the stats were inflated in an inferior league. He has since moved to the Prem and is now doing it on the world stage and does look like one of the best players in the world.

You can discount Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar & Suarez coming to West Ham so who is genuinely left as a finished article or World star???? Perhaps we could offer a swap for James Rodriguez but would he created as many assists or score the freekicks that Payet does? Unlikely. People mention Reus but would he really match Payets output and settle in East London? I doubt it.

I just think that whatever money we accept we'd end up with a lesser player on the pitch so it's just not worth it.

We have one of the best players in the world and when was the last time that happened? Tevez probably came closest in recent years but he wasn't ours.

Payet is the perfect talisman to lead us into the Olympic Stadium.

Down under mick

Post by Down under mick »

Totally agree mate

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Down under mick wrote:Totally agree mate

Fucking hell Mick, that kangaroo looks pure evil.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Absolutely no logic in unloading Payet at any cost,
We are not desperate for money at moment.
You should only sale a player if your looking to improve.(who would you replace him with like for like !!)
He is a fantastic Ambassador for the club ,putting us on the football map big time,this in turn will generate
money ,shirt sales ,tourists etc.
He is one of main reasons we nearly and should have had CL footie this year.
He will attract any big name players we may or not be after.
Could go on ....
I just can't see any sense in getting rid of him there's 4-5 years left of top football to come from him.

If he want's to leave, different kettle of fish,a sign will be if his attempting to learn English or not.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Great point about shirt sales MK, I'd never even considered that but there will be kids in France and around the world wanting a Payet shirt.

Down under mick

Post by Down under mick »

Gonzo wrote:
Down under mick wrote:Totally agree mate

Fucking hell Mick, that kangaroo looks pure evil.
Hahaha love it :lol: