Time for a new order ?

Chat about anything football related here!
Castiron

Re: Time for a new order ?

Post by Castiron »

Newmarket wrote:
Castiron wrote: When was Reid injured, I thought it was just a ban for yellow cards?.
At Everton . 5 weeks out I heard....
FFS he is getting as bad as Carroll.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote:A follow-on from my post about who will replace Payet.

Fabian Delph captained both Leeds and Villa. He has also captained City in a couple of friendlies. He leads by example and is exactly what we need.

We should make it a priority.
I used to be captain of my school team and later I led out the District Schools team on 3 occasions. I led by example and drove my team mates onto success. "DO YOU WANT TO BE WINNERS?" I screamed, fists clenched.

But I don't think I'm good enough to do the job at PL level. A bit like Fabian Delph in fact. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

If we dispense with Noble's services as captain, or if we drop him, I would give the job to Obiang.

Trust me, 3 or 4 years down the line, maybe sooner, he'll be on Barcelona's radar as the replacement for Sergio Busquets.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote:
palerider wrote:A follow-on from my post about who will replace Payet.

Fabian Delph captained both Leeds and Villa. He has also captained City in a couple of friendlies. He leads by example and is exactly what we need.

We should make it a priority.
I used to be captain of my school team and later I led out the District Schools team on 3 occasions. I led by example and drove my team mates onto success. "DO YOU WANT TO BE WINNERS?" I screamed, fists clenched.

But I don't think I'm good enough to do the job at PL level. A bit like Fabian Delph in fact. ;)
I completely disagree.

He's exactly what we need. And I chose him because unlike all the other names banded about there's half a chance we might get him.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Gonzo wrote:I'm not entirely sure how important the captaincy is and I believe Noble has plenty of good performances left in him, he's suffering a bit at the moment because the club and the team is on a bit of a downer.

That being said I believe a new dynamic central midfielder is almost as important as a striker
AXEL WITSEL!!!

I'll keep fucking shouting his name until SOME fucker listens!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Whiskyman wrote:If we dispense with Noble's services as captain, or if we drop him, I would give the job to Obiang.

Trust me, 3 or 4 years down the line, maybe sooner, he'll be on Barcelona's radar as the replacement for Sergio Busquets.
Tbf Whiskey, after that City game I'd reckon Nordveit could be a viable replacement for Busquets! :D

palerider

Post by palerider »

BillyDWhizz wrote:
Gonzo wrote:I'm not entirely sure how important the captaincy is and I believe Noble has plenty of good performances left in him, he's suffering a bit at the moment because the club and the team is on a bit of a downer.

That being said I believe a new dynamic central midfielder is almost as important as a striker
AXEL WITSEL!!!

I'll keep fucking shouting his name until SOME fucker listens!!! :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:
I heard you.

Good player.

I'd love him to sign.

He'd cost over 20 million.

So forget it.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

palerider wrote:
BillyDWhizz wrote:
AXEL WITSEL!!!

I'll keep fucking shouting his name until SOME fucker listens!!! :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:
I heard you.

Good player.

I'd love him to sign.

So forget it.
£19.5 Million for Witsel...Probably a bit less since his contract is up in June. £24 Million for Jordan Henderson. Point being, any half decent CM is going to be expensive, we just need to make sure we're splashing out on the Witsel's and not the Henderson's.

palerider

Post by palerider »

BillyDWhizz wrote:
palerider wrote: I heard you.

Good player.

I'd love him to sign.

So forget it.
£19.5 Million for Witsel...Probably a bit less since his contract is up in June. £24 Million for Jordan Henderson. Point being, any half decent CM is going to be expensive, we just need to make sure we're splashing out on the Witsel's and not the Henderson's.
Do you honestly think the Chuckles would spend anything remotely near that on someone other than a 'marquee' striker in January ?

I am genuinely amused.

Tore will be fit again and be announced as just like a new signing.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Got to be Reid in my book.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.