SecurityChecks

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: SecurityChecks

Post by Whiskyman »

Romfordhammer wrote:Agree with everyone sentiments about this, but there may have been less delays if they had opened the gates at 1.00pm as they have done for every other match so far this season instead of 1.30pm as they did yesterday! If they knew they had to do these enhanced security checks, why on earth delay opening the gates until 1.30?

A very good point. But playing Devil's Advocate (and boy how I enjoy doing that) maybe they were also carrying out enhanced checking in the Stadium itself.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep »

I was later, about 2.40 and didnt queue for more than 5mins.

It must have been just late comers who were effected..they'll know next time.

marksb

Post by marksb »

I suggest that if anyone doesn't want to get bogged down by the queues on Wednesday, get there a little earlier to avoid disappointment.

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

Mikeveep wrote:I was later, about 2.40 and didnt queue for more than 5mins.

Or a certain part of the ground, as said, nothing wrong with the extra checks but communication would have been good.

Every game so far we wait no more than 2 mins but Saturday we couldn't get to our usual gate (about 10 to 3) as gate G was packed, nobody was moving, so went back to F and got in at about 5 past, our chap searched everyone (I asked if this was case which he said it was) fair enough, but the chap next to him was waving people through!!

In fairness while some have pointed out the queuing, nobody has really complained as such.

marksb

Post by marksb »

redhammer wrote:
Mikeveep wrote:I was later, about 2.40 and didnt queue for more than 5mins.

Or a certain part of the ground, as said, nothing wrong with the extra checks but communication would have been good.

Every game so far we wait no more than 2 mins but Saturday we couldn't get to our usual gate (about 10 to 3) as gate G was packed, nobody was moving, so went back to F and got in at about 5 past, our chap searched everyone (I asked if this was case which he said it was) fair enough, but the chap next to him was waving people through!!

In fairness while some have pointed out the queuing, nobody has really complained as such.
No one has complained on here mate, but I got frustrated when people were shouting and pushing at Gate G, a chap behind me was doing exactly that until I turned round and said something to him followed by a few others stating the same.

Unfortunately some people are blinkered and live in their own little world where the only thing that matters is them.

If they complain on places like here, they would probably be criticised as most people on here are sensible and understand the current situation.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Agree completely.
I'd noticed in some games at the L.S that bag checks were almost non-existent so clearly word has reached the stadium security operators and a good thing too.
After a bad start at least now things are being actively addressed.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Longshanks

Post by Longshanks »

I have not missed a game at the OS and Saturday was the first time I have encountered a personal body search, when I asked why this was happening the reply I got was " its because of all the trouble and all the fighting " I said I beg your pardon and was then told it was a search for " weapons " perhaps one of our HC steward members could shed some light on the reason for the body search, I can understand the reason for a bag search and as far as I can remember this has always been the case from day one at home games ? but this was the first body search I have encountered and as has been said some announcement would have helped, half the Sunderland fans could not get round to the away end because of the queues and it did not help with some of ours jumping in at the front, PWOPER PRICKS "X" COYI's.
I can’t stand Thrush. Fact.

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

Longshanks wrote:I have not missed a game at the OS and Saturday was the first time I have encountered a personal body search, when I asked why this was happening the reply I got was " its because of all the trouble and all the fighting " I said I beg your pardon and was then told it was a search for " weapons " perhaps one of our HC steward members could shed some light on the reason for the body search, I can understand the reason for a bag search and as far as I can remember this has always been the case from day one at home games ? but this was the first body search I have encountered and as has been said some announcement would have helped, half the Sunderland fans could not get round to the away end because of the queues and it did not help with some of ours jumping in at the front, PWOPER PRICKS "X" COYI's.
The last game (Boro) was first time I saw body searches but they were done at random, I got waved through. Even the bag searches seemed random as I had mine for two games.

First time he asked me to open it, which I did. He glanced in and said it was fine.....what's point in that? My bag is 3/4s full as it's essentially a travel bag so have water, deodorant, clothes etc in there.
Second time, no check.

Very inconsistent.

marksb

Post by marksb »

I have seen some quotes on here about communication, about not searching all the bags, not searching everyone etc etc,

It's not always possible to advise supporters that there will be enhanced searches as security may not be given the information from the police until earlier in the day.

I appreciate that in some circumstances security might be different in some areas than others, not sure why this is, maybe the crowd are putting pressure on the guys to speed up or complaining etc, please remember it's not so long ago that Security and Stewards were getting grief from everyone.

With regards to security checks, let's be a little patient, let them get on with their jobs and lets get there a little earlier to prevent queues being too long.

See you Wednesday on the boats!! COYI