Taaansend's official Sunderland match thread

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: Taaansend's official Sunderland match thread

Post by palerider »

From the reports on tv and radio and watching MOTD, if any team deserved the win it was us.

Chris Kamara said we were fantastic for half an hour. Unbelievable Jeff in fact. But the goal didn't go in and the Mackems, poor as they were, got a foothold. And that will be the problem against crap teams at the OS. We may have more luck against the supposed better sides who have more of the ball with our three at the back set-up.

And although Fernandes did well, he's no Cresswell. He's a very important part of the way we play. But once again, the ineptitude of the owners was found out with the striker situation. They failed to pay the money they promised to land 'the big one'. I like Ayew but he's really a number 10. Zaza is not PL standard. Just running around doesn't cut it, and it's not as if he runs around quickly. Fletcher has to play until Sakho's back, forget Carroll, and they should pack the Italian back in his box and return him.

In terms of the importance of the 3 points though, it was huge. We've already won at the iconic London Stadium so it wasn't exactly a monkey off our back, but after 3 games against beatable teams, it was one of those where the points mattered more than the performance.

Thailandkev

Post by Thailandkev »

Always thought sunderland would be tough to breakdown .the first 25 mins we looked sharp and positive but after that we just stopped pressing them .
Great turn and strike by winston to win the game .
A big win for us yesterday lets hope we ca
n build on this
My take on our problems at home is our strikers or lack of them zaza is not number 9 he has no presence in the box and there is the problem you can see the players havent got a scooby what to do when we get outside the oppositions box as there is no one to cross the ball too . Zaza is not worth even 10m let alone 24m .i never understand why we are always looking for players from abroad when there are players in the championship that are just as good and probably more hungry .just dont ask me to name one l

palerider

Post by palerider »

Thailandkev wrote:Always thought sunderland would be tough to breakdown .the first 25 mins we looked sharp and positive but after that we just stopped pressing them .
Great turn and strike by winston to win the game .
A big win for us yesterday lets hope we ca
n build on this
My take on our problems at home is our strikers or lack of them zaza is not number 9 he has no presence in the box and there is the problem you can see the players havent got a scooby what to do when we get outside the oppositions box as there is no one to cross the ball too . Zaza is not worth even 10m let alone 24m .i never understand why we are always looking for players from abroad when there are players in the championship that are just as good and probably more hungry .just dont ask me to name one l
Gayle at Newcastle. We should have been in for him a year ago. Kodjia now at Villa. He was at my local club Bristol City and was getting rave reviews. And although it's unfortunate Andre Ayew got injured and is pretty good, his brother Jordan is a better player imo, is more of an out and out striker, and would have cost half the price.

H4L

Post by H4L »

Honestly thought we played we well. We were missing Cresswell and Fernandez filled in well. He is going to be a very good player. Antonio well off the pace though today. Zaza grafted but can't see him scoring. We need better options upfront but that is obvious. The team spirit us still there. We dug and kept going to the end.

Thailandkev

Post by Thailandkev »

I'm sure there's many more too . Dembele that went from Fulham to celtic looks a good prospect too .
I've always tried to be positive about new signings wether they cost millions or on loan but yesterday I lost interest in Zaza after he had the chance to go through on goal but instead of going for goal basically passed it to their defender

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Thailandkev wrote:I'm sure there's many more too . Dembele that went from Fulham to celtic looks a good prospect too .
I've always tried to be positive about new signings wether they cost millions or on loan but yesterday I lost interest in Zaza after he had the chance to go through on goal but instead of going for goal basically passed it to their defender
Steady on mate. Even I'd look a decent prospect playing in that pub league north of Hadrian's wall. ;)

Sadly my advice to our BOD, posted on this very forum, that they should have gone for Kevin Volland, then with Hoffenheim, was ignored. Had they heeded my expert advice and bitten the bullet we would be sitting at the top of the PL with a 100% record, still be in Europe (for Palerider's benefit I mean the Europa League, not the EU ;), and probably be odds on favourite for next year's Derby and Boat Race.

But they chose to ignore me, the fools.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

palerider wrote:
ToneLoc wrote: I will be.
Chelmsford has a new ticket office and a damn fine paint job.
I used to live in Chelmsford. The station was a bit of a khasi then.
It's all been renovated into a freshly painted flash looking but equally useless khasi now :)
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"