Pele Auction

Chat about anything football related here!
eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Pele Auction

Post by eastcoastclaret »

I've just read on the bbc sport website that Pele, who is 75, is having an auction and selling off most of his football related memorabilia. A pair of footie boots worn in the movie Escape to Victory sold for a few quid over £8000. Also for sale are his World Cup winners medals, all three of them, the football that scored his 1000th goal and loads of other items. I realise that at 75 his days are drawing nearer,although I thought he looked good at the recent soccer aid game, but I can't help feeling a little sad that it has got to the stage that he feels he has to sell all his life like this. I don't pretend to know the reasoning behind the sale,but I do hope that it's not because he is in a financial problem and is being forced to do so. If that's the case then one would hope that world football would help him out,If it's because he wants to realise cash for family members surely it would all be worth more once he has passed on.
Thoughts?
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....