Tore Injured

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

Re: Tore Injured

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Imho Slavs tried to do a mate a favour and it's backfired on him. Tore might have been a decent looking player in the Turkish league, but nowhere near good enough for the premiership.
I think the Boro game was Slav saying give it one more go, it didn't work out unfortunately and that will and should be the last we'll see of him in a West Ham shirt. This injury malarkey is just a polite way of saying, you had a go mate, it didn't work, cheers and adios.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

ryanguitarhammer

Post by ryanguitarhammer »

Gonzo wrote:
Newmarket wrote: Well I have to hold my hand up and admit that I was wrong .
I was quite excited initially by his arrival and from what I'd seen thought he would do us proud .
He does however seem to be a useless looking cunt of the highest order.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing but when you consider the signings of Emineke and the Jellyfish is any of us really surprised ?

I bet Zaza is down to Bilic too . Can't wait for him to go back too .

No mate, Bilic to his credit wanted Benteke and Sullivan wanted Lacazette. Zaza was really nobody's choice and seems a bit of desperation by all accounts.

So a Benteke hat-trick is on the cards on Saturday and you'll be drinking 10x more beer Gonz, due to him being your number one striker for us to sign in the last window.

palerider

Post by palerider »

ryanguitarhammer wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

No mate, Bilic to his credit wanted Benteke and Sullivan wanted Lacazette. Zaza was really nobody's choice and seems a bit of desperation by all accounts.

So a Benteke hat-trick is on the cards on Saturday and you'll be drinking 10x more beer Gonz, due to him being your number one striker for us to sign in the last window.
He'll be telling Baldrick to fetch his water that he pretends is beer mate.

But you're right. Benteke was such an obvious choice. I'm annoyed actually.

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

Gonzo wrote:
Taansend wrote:
Sending him back for good or for rehabilitation?

For good mate.

The deal was originally until June but they'd ideally like to terminate the loan in January. We paid £2.5m for the initial period but I think the club would be happy to waive that as long as we don't have to pay the wages for the full year.

I also thik that we'd like to send Zaza back but it's much bigger numbers
Cheers. That doesn't make Bilic look too good does it.

As Alpharetta* I think we have kids who are good enough to step up.

* - I swiped 'always' but that word came up and it's too good to delete.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Taansend wrote:

Well it certainly doesn't suggest that the owners have much faith in the managers choice of player at the very least.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Gonzo wrote:
Taansend wrote:

Well it certainly doesn't suggest that the owners have much faith in the managers choice of player at the very least.
Correct Gonzo, which might be a reason some of players are not at it yet.
As they believe Bilic on borrowed time.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Hildreth_1101

Post by Hildreth_1101 »

I was never impressed with Tore's statistics before we signed him, not to say I expected him to be a failure it was just he was not a proven player. In my mind he is the sort of player that needs time to adapt, which we do not have as he has been abject this season, looked well off the pace and unfit.

This is bad news for Bilic as he seems to rate him really highly and he's turned into a bit of a disaster for us so far, it's a shame really.

bigfacemike

Post by bigfacemike »

Hildreth_1101 wrote:I was never impressed with Tore's statistics before we signed him, not to say I expected him to be a failure it was just he was not a proven player. In my mind he is the sort of player that needs time to adapt, which we do not have as he has been abject this season, looked well off the pace and unfit.

This is bad news for Bilic as he seems to rate him really highly and he's turned into a bit of a disaster for us so far, it's a shame really.
I think it is important to remember that all of our summer signings were made with an Europa League campaign that never happened in mind. I think Ghurkin Tore could have done a job for us against FC BalticTeam etc. And he has shown a couple of moments of quality, though he has mostly looked dreadful. This injury has pretty much put paid to him working out now though. Despite everything (Eminike, playing Antonio at right back etc) I'm still right behind Bilic. Palace are very beatable and Sunderland are dreadful. Time to wake up boys.

JayK

Post by JayK »

I'm gonna reserve any further comment until part 2 of this thread "Tore dead or kidnapped" pops up. Until then, there's still a chance he can play another minute for us :|
COYI!!!