Parking at the OS

Chat about anything football related here!
LittleHammerton

Parking at the OS

Post by LittleHammerton »

Evening chaps,

Just booked tickets for the Chelsea game, going to drive up for the first time as don't want to risk last trains home in case we make it to extra time!!

Anyone know if it's possible to park anywhere near the ground, Westfield?!

Failing that any suggestions on where to park and get a quick tube in?!

Cheers!

JayK

Re: Parking at the OS

Post by JayK »

LittleHammerton wrote:Evening chaps,

Just booked tickets for the Chelsea game, going to drive up for the first time as don't want to risk last trains home in case we make it to extra time!!

Anyone know if it's possible to park anywhere near the ground, Westfield?!

Failing that any suggestions on where to park and get a quick tube in?!

Cheers!
Get there early enough and you'all get one of the 5k spaces in Westfield mate. I don't know prices yet but I guess I will know for our next home league game.
COYI!!!

whu

Post by whu »

there's a thread on WHO that i can't find where you can park as long as you like for £3.20
Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.

LeeWHU88

Post by LeeWHU88 »

Where abouts you driving from?

You could go westbound from Stratford on the central line and park Mile End/Bethnal Green way, parking restrictions end at 5:30. Mile End is good as you can park on the roads opposite the station and be on Mile End Road within a few seconds of getting b\ck in the motor and on the A12 in 5 mins.

Alternatively, park up at the Bow end of Old Ford Road, few roads round there that you can park on. From there it's a short 5/10 minute walk to the stadium then after the game back on the A12, again, within minutes.

Towie

Post by Towie »

I normally drive into Leyton, park up near station.
You can then either get tube one stop to Stratford or walk in.
Walks about 20mins and quicker than waiting for tube after game, plus there a nice pub on way. ;)
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep »

I believe that Stratford International station offers 6 hours for £3.20.

You can book in advance.

I've heard horrific stories of cars parked on the top floor at Westfield taking hours to get out.

grandad

Post by grandad »

park back of plaistow station after 6 free of charge then any bus 262 69 238 buses take you to stratford

or have a beer in blaqck lion order a cab from plaistow and stratford cars they have the contract and take you right up to the stairs by block D
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

hamstew

Post by hamstew »

Mikeveep wrote:I believe that Stratford International station offers 6 hours for £3.20.

You can book in advance.

I've heard horrific stories of cars parked on the top floor at Westfield taking hours to get out.

Yeah that's right my brother has done it twice now, the first time I wasn't with him but he said he got out very quick but the second time I was with him and again it was very quick getting out with no traffic and the whole thing was very easy. Although no idea what it is like on a midweek night game against a bigger rival but I can't imagine it would be that bad, hopefully not much difference.

I think he said it cost him £3.10 for six hours, something really cheap like that but he had to prebook it online. I will be doing it in future because it's cheaper for me than getting a train and much easier and quicker getting home, plus less crowd, you are not bunched up like sheep in a pen waiting ages to get into Stratford station, no brainer for me.

LittleHammerton

Post by LittleHammerton »

Thanks for the ideas guys, looks like I have a few options there, I'm driving up from South Coast near Brighton, leaving work at about 5ish so will be cutting it fine, I'll take the quickest option !!

LeeWHU88

Post by LeeWHU88 »

Dartford Bridge, Kent into Essex is a fucking nightmare mate, if you was thinking of crossing the river that way. Might be better coming off at the A2 and heading towards the Blackwall tunnel, still not a great journey but found it a bit easier than Dartford. Once you're through the tunnel you're only 10 mins from the ground.