The next level

Chat about anything football related here!
CABRON

Re: The next level

Post by CABRON »

Porterman wrote:Websites that didn't pander to arseholes.

Failing that an ability to send nuclear waste down servers.
get you precious !!

belfasthammer

Post by belfasthammer »

Very simple PL survival. A youth system that sees players coming through to the first team and staying there. Mid table for a few years and take it from there. The dildo kings do not have the resources to take it any further than that in my opinion

CABRON

Post by CABRON »

belfasthammer wrote:Very simple PL survival. A youth system that sees players coming through to the first team and staying there. Mid table for a few years and take it from there. The dildo kings do not have the resources to take it any further than that in my opinion
The Dildo dickheads don't do youth (only in their grubby mags) it's something else Sam got blamed for that was their fault , youth is a risk to their investment.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote:The next level NOW is PL survival .
A team with optimum fitness levels and backbone is required .
Not only to get out of the shit we are in now but also to ensure it never happens again.

I was one of the dreamers talking possible CL last April but as usual Weat Ham kick you in the bollocks to bring everybody down to earth.
Their needs to be an internal inquiry into pre-season and training methods in order to avoid these injury crises we seem to suffer all the time .
This year is now a struggle but the next level for us now is to be comfortable mid table year in year out.
In fairness to the team there were occasions towards the end of last season where points were lost through poor decisions so, whilst I agree it was a bit of a dream, and one which given our form this season would have turned into a nightmare if we actually had got into the CL at Man City's expense, it was, at the time, an achievable one. Although I for one am bloody glad we didn't end up in a group with Barcelona, based on this season's efforts.

A club with our (now) level of support should be able to realistically expect to seriously challenge for a Europa League place every season. Having said that so should, for example, Newcastle.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Last season was a bit of a bump in the road for the big boys and its like normal service has resumed this year. Who would have thought Leicester would win the prem and be in the CL?
Loved what we achieved last season but in all seriousness can't really see us much higher when you look at the big boys and if they fire on all cylinders. Someone mentioned that finishing 8th regularly would be good. I think that's a gettable target and if we can get some decent cup runs and even win one then that would be our "Next Level".
Someone with bottomless pockets buys us and then we start buying the cream of European players and then the next level becomes different. But then West Ham United will be a whole lot different.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............