Saying goodbye to Moyesie

Chat about anything football related here!
normannomates

Re: Saying goodbye to Moyesie

Post by normannomates »

Im RELIEVED an actual DECISION has been made by the Muppets in the boardroom

now he's officially going , I'd like to do the correct thing and acknowledge the very impressive positives .. this is no luca brasi tribute mind..
I thank him and his staff for roughly a season and a half in the league.. the (first) Europa league run. ..and of course winning the Conference League trophy.

The Lyon away/Sevilla home performances are right up there amongst the most memorable matches in the clubs history IMO..
he was the manager and you can't take that away from him.
therefore..if only for those 2(two) nights alone
I'd like to think Moyes gets a very decent and respectful farewell .

I wish him and his family well .

WHU fans aren't daft...
we're definitely not the cunts the media love to portray at every given opportunity.
Fuck those gutter rats anyway.

Onwards and upwards I say.
I'm feeling optimistic

palerider

Post by palerider »

normannomates wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 12:09 am Im RELIEVED an actual DECISION has been made by the Muppets in the boardroom

now he's officially going , I'd like to do the correct thing and acknowledge the very impressive positives .. this is no luca brasi tribute mind..
I thank him and his staff for roughly a season and a half in the league.. the (first) Europa league run. ..and of course winning the Conference League trophy.

The Lyon away/Sevilla home performances are right up there amongst the most memorable matches in the clubs history IMO..
he was the manager and you can't take that away from him.
therefore..if only for those 2(two) nights alone
I'd like to think Moyes gets a very decent and respectful farewell .

I wish him and his family well .

WHU fans aren't daft...
we're definitely not the cunts the media love to portray at every given opportunity.
Fuck those gutter rats anyway.

Onwards and upwards I say.
I'm feeling optimistic
Now that he's definitely going I must admit my views of him are softening somewhat.

It's been suggested he'll acknowledge the crowd before the game. If so I will clap him.

I'm not a heartless cunt.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Imagine, if you will, that City only draw their game in hand tomorrow at the theatre of bagels. A not impossible scenario.

That would mean them and the Arse would be level on points going into the final weekend. Arse at home to Everton, City at home to us. Arse with a goal difference 3 better.

So basically an over the top running stark naked at Jerry scenario in a quest for goals. Sky will obviously market it with a catchy gimmick. Something along a Western theme I fancy. They may even ask for the matches to be brought forward so they can get High Noon in the title. I'd not put it past the greedy cunts.

City would obviously need to score at least 4. It should be fun. De Bruyne, Haaland, Foden and Doku marauding forward against a defence of pensioners and a cripple. Now THAT would be a fitting send-off for the Scotch arse, unlike Saturday when I was already guzzling my second pint on the barge when he emerged to wave at whoever had bothered to stay.

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:23 am Imagine, if you will, that City only draw their game in hand tomorrow at the theatre of bagels. A not impossible scenario.

That would mean them and the Arse would be level on points going into the final weekend. Arse at home to Everton, City at home to us. Arse with a goal difference 3 better.

So basically an over the top running stark naked at Jerry scenario in a quest for goals. Sky will obviously market it with a catchy gimmick. Something along a Western theme I fancy. They may even ask for the matches to be brought forward so they can get High Noon in the title. I'd not put it past the greedy cunts.

City would obviously need to score at least 4. It should be fun. De Bruyne, Haaland, Foden and Doku marauding forward against a defence of pensioners and a cripple. Now THAT would be a fitting send-off for the Scotch arse, unlike Saturday when I was already guzzling my second pint on the barge when he emerged to wave at whoever had bothered to stay.
Spurs have been dogshit (more than normal) lately so should really crumble to the might of City, at least I hope so. But they have been the bogey team for city in recent seasons. Heaven forbid spurs actually get something from this.
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:35 am
palerider wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:23 am Imagine, if you will, that City only draw their game in hand tomorrow at the theatre of bagels. A not impossible scenario.

Spurs have been dogshit (more than normal) lately so should really crumble to the might of City, at least I hope so. But they have been the bogey team for city in recent seasons. Heaven forbid spurs actually get something from this.
They have indeed Jay. And although it would suggest Spud players may well take to the pitch wearing flip-flops and speedos, the fat Aussie will at least have given them a warning as to put on a show.

Not that I believe in corruption and conspiracy of course but it would be a hugely more exciting spectacle for Sky to watch the goals fly in, mostly at the Etihad, than a procession towards the title with Areola trying prove miracles do happen and complaints from the Help the Aged brigade.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

What sort of reception did Moyes get on the weekend?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

OZHAMMER wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:45 pm What sort of reception did Moyes get on the weekend?
Team booed of at half time I’m sure there’s footage somewhere of the after game back slapping.

Bondsobob

Post by Bondsobob »

Goodbye Minty, thanks for the Conference league thingy. And that's that.
I'm intrigued as to what sort of job he gets next. I dont think he'll get another top job in the Premier league. He is old style now.
People really don't want to pay good money to see the dross that he serves up.