Welcome to West Ham United Ruben Amorim!

Chat about anything football related here!
Flairon

Re: Welcome to West Ham United Ruben Amorim!

Post by Flairon »

IndianHammer wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:32 pm He's been heavily linked with Liverpool after Xabi Alonso said he's not leaving Leverkusen. Can't see him coming to us. Even bigger point for me being I can't see us paying £12m compensation for him.
You may be right if reports of Luverpiol's interest are true. However, not sure why you feel we would not pay 12 milluon fir him. It is aafter all a drop in the ocean in the greater scheme of things.
Flairon

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Flairon wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:01 am
IndianHammer wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:32 pm He's been heavily linked with Liverpool after Xabi Alonso said he's not leaving Leverkusen. Can't see him coming to us. Even bigger point for me being I can't see us paying £12m compensation for him.
You may be right if reports of Luverpiol's interest are true. However, not sure why you feel we would not pay 12 milluon fir him. It is aafter all a drop in the ocean in the greater scheme of things.
You only have to look at Sullivan’s modus operandi.
Only unemployed managers to save on compensation payments and letting contracts run down for the same reason .
Most people are merely going on the old Leopards and spots thing.
Bring back Jonathon !

eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Post by eastcoastclaret »

Sullivan form will be a currently unemployed manager or someone whose contract is up in the summer, that is of course if the wee man decides he doesn’t want Moyes, and that isn’t set in stone at all. Too many so called ITKs spouting shit for clicks right now.
Potter would be my guess if he was thinking an Englishman.
But to be perfectly clear, I know fuck all.
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eastcoastclaret wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:29 am Sullivan form will be a currently unemployed manager or someone whose contract is up in the summer, that is of course if the wee man decides he doesn’t want Moyes, and that isn’t set in stone at all. Too many so called ITKs spouting shit for clicks right now.
What ? You surely don't mean that icons like ExWHU employee are just fishing for clicks ? The man is a veritable legend in his own mind for heaven's sake. Go and wash your mouth out with soapy water you rascal.

On a more serious note the dwarf has gone on record some time ago saying he prefers British managers so the Potter nightmare scenario could be an option . And of course one of his old appointments, Steve Bruce, I don't think has been in a job since Newcastle binned him.

But on an even more serious note. Far be it from me to be cynical but when is the closing date for season ticket renewals ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

eastcoastclaret wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:29 am Sullivan form will be a currently unemployed manager or someone whose contract is up in the summer, that is of course if the wee man decides he doesn’t want Moyes, and that isn’t set in stone at all. Too many so called ITKs spouting shit for clicks right now.
Like you I don't have a scooby. But with Tim the Enchanter on board I do think the goalposts have moved. What may be an issue is if the 12m compo is included in any PSR calculations. Again, I don't know, but we're going to be sailing close to the wind to do a rebuild, that's for sure.

So my guess would be Lopetegui. A big upgrade on the tartan fuckwit anyway.

Although, I hasten to add, so would Dianne Abbott.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:44 am
Like you I don't have a scooby. But with Tim the Enchanter on board I do think the goalposts have moved. What may be an issue is if the 12m compo is included in any PSR calculations. Again, I don't know, but we're going to be sailing close to the wind to do a rebuild, that's for sure.

Although, I hasten to add, so would be Dianne Abbott.
I can confirm that Dianne Abbott has indeed held talks with handsome Tim my friend. A rented Honda civic was seen travelling at high speed to the black friar tucks house late on Monday evening.
Abbott was said to be very interested in the position and talks apparently went well over a platter of beef jerk and yam patties followed by several rounds of captain Morgan's finest.
Several minor details such as free underground travel and a yearly pass to odeon cinemas are said to be ongoing but both parties can't envisage many problems.
Herr Tim was seen to be leaving Abbotts dwelling in a somewhat disheveled state in the wee small hours, goose-stepping and bellowing the German national anthem to all and sundry.
West Ham have yet to comment.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:06 pm
palerider wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:44 am

Although, I hasten to add, so would be Dianne Abbott.
I can confirm that Dianne Abbott has indeed held talks with handsome Tim my friend. A rented Honda civic was seen travelling at high speed to the black friar tucks house late on Monday evening.
Abbott was said to be very interested in the position and talks apparently went well over a platter of beef jerk and yam patties followed by several rounds of captain Morgan's finest.
Several minor details such as free underground travel and a yearly pass to odeon cinemas are said to be ongoing but both parties can't envisage many problems.
Herr Tim was seen to be leaving Abbotts dwelling in a somewhat disheveled state in the wee small hours, goose-stepping and bellowing the German national anthem to all and sundry.
West Ham have yet to comment.
It's just been told to me by a reliable source that Amorim won't be joining. It was wishful thinking anway.

After all, I can wish that I wasn't attending a talk at Taunton Museum tonight about the Bristol tsunami of 1607 but was instead shagging Margot Robbie.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Just seen Mark Hughes, Steve Bruce, Steve McClaren, Sam Allardyce, Slaven Bilic, Neil Warnock, Chris Hughton, Graham Potter, Tony Pulis, Alan Pardew, Harry Redknapp, Frank Lampard Jnr, Steven Gerrard, Nigel Atkins and Colin Cooper ALL going to David Sullivan Mansion for the West Ham job Apprentice. David Sullivan has to FIRED 14 of them and HIRE only one of them. Which one?

Lord David Suuliven is the decision maker with Karren Brady and Daniel Kretinsky with him.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Talksports reported that Amorim has REJECTED a lucrative offer from West Ham for the head coach and in Tim Stiedten list, Amorin is on top of that list but now West Ham will interview 2 other younger manager soon. Likely candidate will be Paulo Foncesca and Julien Lopetegui for the West Ham head coach.

This is not a surprise as I did not expect Amorin to accept West Ham job as he is probably looking for a bigger club.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:41 am
What ? You surely don't mean that icons like ExWHU employee are just fishing for clicks ? The man is a veritable legend in his own mind for heaven's sake. Go and wash your mouth out with soapy water you rascal.

On a more serious note the dwarf has gone on record some time ago saying he prefers British managers so the Potter nightmare scenario could be an option . And of course one of his old appointments, Steve Bruce, I don't think has been in a job since Newcastle binned him.

But on an even more serious note. Far be it from me to be cynical but when is the closing date for season ticket renewals ?
Maybe he has also had enough and has decided to sell up. So he feels a 12 mil layout will grow to an extra 30 mil in five years or more time. Apparently that is how long it is going to take the team structure to be in place and really competing.

Or maybe someone or some people are blowing huge bubbles to get everone dreaming. And we all know what happens to our dreams and bubbles.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest