What players do you want to see IN and OUT in the summer transfer window?

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: What players do you want to see IN and OUT in the summer transfer window?

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:41 pm
JayK wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:11 pm

Transfermarkt said Coufal and Antonio’s contracts run out June this year
True, but the club has an option to extend them both by 1 year. I think they've already done that with Coufal.
Oh I didn’t know that. In that case I think they’ll both be here too
COYI!!!

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

JayK wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:53 pm
Clayton wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:57 am

Forgot all about Downes , As far as I know he has done really well out on loan and should definitely come back to us , so no need for a backup DM , Especially when you consider the positions that need filling in the starting 11 .
All dependent on who the manager is next season aint it. And maybe Downes is at his level. Great championship but average premiership player maybe
play him as a 10...

Watcher

Post by Watcher »

I hope we can sign a proper striker that shines with us for once!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Watcher wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:12 pm I hope we can sign a proper striker that shines with us for once!
Problem is we've had at least 3 proper strikers in the last 7/8 years who have scored goals for fun before they joined us and again after they left. Step forward Javier Hernandez, Sebastien Haller and Gianluca Scamacca. Rather suggests the problem lies elsewhere doesn't it ? You could also throw Danny Ings name into that lot but he only scored for fun before he came and because of his age and salary we're going to find it hard to see if he will score freely again once he leaves. Bit of a graveyard for strikers our gaff.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:24 pm
Watcher wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:12 pm I hope we can sign a proper striker that shines with us for once!
Problem is we've had at least 3 proper strikers in the last 7/8 years who have scored goals for fun before they joined us and again after they left. Step forward Javier Hernandez, Sebastien Haller and Gianluca Scamacca. Rather suggests the problem lies elsewhere doesn't it ? You could also throw Danny Ings name into that lot but he only scored for fun before he came and because of his age and salary we're going to find it hard to see if he will score freely again once he leaves. Bit of a graveyard for strikers our gaff.
Probably had 3 proper strikers that actually did well in my lifetime , Hurst , Cottee and another can't think who , matybe Cross or Hartson , would loved to have added Ashton .

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

normannomates wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:17 am
JayK wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:53 pm

All dependent on who the manager is next season aint it. And maybe Downes is at his level. Great championship but average premiership player maybe
play him as a 10...
A 10 ? , think Kudus gets that shirt .

garnett

Post by garnett »

Clayton wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:49 pm
normannomates wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:17 am
play him as a 10...
I think if the jock stays Kudus bolts, no way will he want another season here watching our opponents with the ball.

But I think he could be a great 10 unshackled, his running with the ball is very Gascoigne esk

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

garnett wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:58 pm
Clayton wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:49 pm
I think if the jock stays Kudus bolts, no way will he want another season here watching our opponents with the ball.

But I think he could be a great 10 unshackled, his running with the ball is very Gascoigne esk
Tbh I can see him wanting out whoever the manager is. He will want to play European football surely?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:35 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:24 pm

Probably had 3 proper strikers that actually did well in my lifetime , Hurst , Cottee and another can't think who , matybe Cross or Hartson , would loved to have added Ashton .
Shame we will never know how good Ashton could have become but for his injury. A proper striker.

Post by 9898 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:13 pm
Clayton wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:35 pm

Shame we will never know how good Ashton could have become but for his injury. A proper striker.
Most over rated striker in my memory.
Nowhere near as good as Kitson but injury made him a legend.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."