Bayern Leverkusen vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
normannomates

Re: Bayern Leverkusen vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by normannomates »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:33 am
Brookbonds73 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:16 pm

The thing is, he knew this was going to happen and therefore should have brought players in, in January. He threw the Liverpool cup match, he disgraced us against Bristol and with other teams with games in hand in the premier league we could conceivably finish bottom half of the table.
Yes he didn't have options tonight, but that was down to him and his arrogance thinking he can go and play all these matches with the same knackered players.
Fuck him, can't wait to see the back of the cunt.
Now I’m confused- Moyes is a arctic alert dinosaur, yes, check, I get that.

But haven’t we all been told that Steidten is the man now in charge of ins and outs?
Fuck nose whos calling the shots.
That's the problem.
David seems to think he's calling the shots.?
settled in as the GAFFER ?
TImmy rocks up and the Gaffer isn't having none of it..?

I reckon that's pretty close

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:38 am
Towie wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:40 am

I’ve no idea, but what has Tim Steidten got to do with coaching players to play pass and move football?
Nothing whatsoever to do withj him of course. But your comment I was referring to had nothing to do with that, as you well know. I was referring to the bit where you said "not let players leave when we are in Europe.".

None of us knows what goes on of course but surely incomings and outgoings are the responsibility of the Director of Football. In any case I doubt very much those decisions are made by one person, whether it's Steidten or Moyes, without consultation.
As far as i can make out wth all the rumblings of who does what, it seems like a case of friction between the two with Moyes reluctantly showing a minimal amount of give. But at the end of the day Steidten can buy the players, Moyes can have an input but the cards are still in Moyes hand as he picks the team. And so it eill continue until one of two things happen, Moyes throws in the towel and leaves or Steidten does. Which brings us back to the beginning where many of us were a bit perplexed as to why Steidten was brought in considering the attitude of Moyes. Now, imo, both have a reason to leave stating their positions have become untenable. If i were Sullivan, i know who i would let go. But again details matter, and the finer ones we are ignorant of.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

PhilipB

Post by PhilipB »

eskimo joe wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:30 am
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:38 am

Nothing whatsoever to do withj him of course. But your comment I was referring to had nothing to do with that, as you well know. I was referring to the bit where you said "not let players leave when we are in Europe.".

None of us knows what goes on of course but surely incomings and outgoings are the responsibility of the Director of Football. In any case I doubt very much those decisions are made by one person, whether it's Steidten or Moyes, without consultation.
As far as i can make out wth all the rumblings of who does what, it seems like a case of friction between the two with Moyes reluctantly showing a minimal amount of give. But at the end of the day Steidten can buy the players, Moyes can have an input but the cards are still in Moyes hand as he picks the team. And so it eill continue until one of two things happen, Moyes throws in the towel and leaves or Steidten does. Which brings us back to the beginning where many of us were a bit perplexed as to why Steidten was brought in considering the attitude of Moyes. Now, imo, both have a reason to leave stating their positions have become untenable. If i were Sullivan, i know who i would let go. But again details matter, and the finer ones we are ignorant of.
It's Sullivan's job to make sure the two of them work in harmony. And if they don't play nice be decisive. But he don't do decisive.