Help with tickets and stadium

Chat about anything football related here!
FerSporting

Help with tickets and stadium

Post by FerSporting »

Good afternoon, everyone.

I have just registered on the forum to ask you a question.

I am a fan of Sporting Gijon in Spain but I have always considered West Ham my favourite team after my home club.
I want to go with my son to see West Ham-Liverpool match but two tickets together are too expensive for us. I can get two separate tickets in the Longside Upper tier (230 and 237 blocks). Is it possible that if we can't be together we can watch the match standing upstairs or standing somewhere in the stadium?
Can you help me about this? Any idea?
I wouldn't want to leave him alone and we would be very excited to watch the game together.

I leave you a little video of Sporting supporters.

Enjoy

Thanks to all of you!!

Forever blowing bubbles

Newmarket

Re: Help with tickets and stadium

Post by Newmarket »

FerSporting wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:22 pm Good afternoon, everyone.

I am a fan of Sporting Gijon in Spain but I have always considered West Ham my favourite team after my home club.
I want to go with my son to see West Ham-Liverpool match but two tickets together are too expensive for us. I can get two separate tickets in the Longside Upper tier (230 and 237 blocks). Is it possible that if we can't be together we can watch the match standing upstairs or standing somewhere in the stadium?
I wouldn't want to leave him alone and we would be very excited to watch the game together.

Enjoy

Thanks to all of you!!

Forever blowing bubbles
Hi and welcome to the forum .

Although you have posted in the correct place and we even have a tickets wanted/exchange section , these sections are not often visited so I’ve moved it into the main football talk message board in the hope that one of our regular contributors can assist you and/or answer some of your questions.
Good luck .
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

FerSporting wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:22 pm Good afternoon, everyone.

Enjoy

Thanks to all of you!!

Forever blowing bubbles
Might be an idea to e mail the club and explain you don't want to leave your son on his oiwn and ask if they have tickets together or very near to each other. Might not work but worth a try.,

Or maybe buy the tickets you have been offered and on the day see if someone near your seat, or your son's, is on their own and might be happy to swap places.

And if you haven't already done so go onto any other West Ham forums and ask the same question. This forum isn't one of the busiest ones. This is probably the busiest one and this is the ticket help section if you haven't already posted there.
https://www.kumb.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=4

Good luck. And I do like your club's song.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

HamstasParadise

Post by HamstasParadise »

Welcome and pleased to hear you follow the Irons.

If you do get cheaper separate tickets, it is usually easy enough to get together if you go right to the very back of the Billy Bonds Stand, say blocks 228-231 or 241-244. There are some seats there that are not in use, as the club is licensed for 62,500 but the stadium has about 66,000 physical seats. You will be sure to find somewhere there once everyone is in their seat at kick-off. They are very high up and far from the pitch and the atmosphere is a bit lacking, but you will be together.

Until kick-off time approaches, say 15 mins, you can wander round and sit almost anywhere for the players warming up as it remains fairly empty. Perhaps watch the teams warm up from the lower tier, when it finishes go to find somewhere in the back of the upper tier ready for kick-off.

Sometimes when my mate can’t go and I’m on my own, I might do something similar at half time to be at the end we are attacking.

It’s probably wrong of me to suggest such a thing as it will be against the T&Cs of the tickets, but it doesn’t sound like you are the sort to cause a riot.

An email to the club might help once you have got the separated tickets as you are travelling so far, but I wouldn’t pin my hopes on it.

Good luck.

P.S. The atmosphere is a bit lacking almost everywhere sometimes but should be better for Liverpool. 😉
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” (Mark Twain.)

PhilipB

Post by PhilipB »

Good luck with your quest FerSporting. I'm coming over to the UK to visit rellies either late this year or early next so I'll be trying to get a few tickets myself when I know the fixtures.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

PhilipB wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:07 pm Good luck with your quest FerSporting. I'm coming over to the UK to visit rellies either late this year or early next so I'll be trying to get a few tickets myself when I know the fixtures.
The rellies must be beside themselves with anticipation, Philip from NSW. I hope you have a blast, just like they undoubtedly will.

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

Gayest football song ever
Covid in the Boardroom

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

jameskel wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:24 pm Gayest football song ever
Gayest ? Nah. Soapy water and blowing fucking bubbles has got to cap that, whatever the Gijon one bloody well translates as FFS. :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?