The last hoorah

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: The last hoorah

Post by palerider »

Clayton wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:46 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:16 am

Whoever put that up obviously doesn't think he'll quit after the Leverkusen match. Absolutely no logic to my thinking but I've got a funny feeling it might just happen.
That would not be funny if he did quit now :lol: :lol: :lol: , especially as its something he should have done last December .
He won't walk away and the dwarf won't have the cojones to sack him. It will be a slow death until the end of the season, possibly losing every remaining game, until his contract expires and a new man comes in. If they're in with a shout of salvation, even if they're not, Luton won't be quaking in their boots.

A huge rebuild needed but with Steidten in charge of it we have reason to hope although the Greek has been a bit of a tragedy. Maybe he'll improve with time.

And with no trips to Azerbaijan or wherever to contend with next season it's no bad thing imo. I for one would happily settle for a new project which can't be done overnight as long as the entertainment value isn't like being slapped in the face with a rotten fish.

Post by 9898 »

Think a lot of people will be surprised, as I feel Moyes will still be manager next season with the obvious Sullivan public sop to the fans of 'David has been asked to play a more attacking style, blah, blah blah........'
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

frogiron2

Post by frogiron2 »

9898 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:54 pm Think a lot of people will be surprised, as I feel Moyes will still be manager next season with the obvious Sullivan public sop to the fans of 'David has been asked to play a more attacking style, blah, blah blah........'
Sadly, I think you may well be right. But, being a happy, clappy, eternal optimist, I will continue to tell myself "Not much longer, not much longer..." :)

Post by 9898 »

frogiron2 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:01 pm
9898 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:54 pm Think a lot of people will be surprised, as I feel Moyes will still be manager next season with the obvious Sullivan public sop to the fans of 'David has been asked to play a more attacking style, blah, blah blah........'
Sadly, I think you may well be right. But, being a happy, clappy, eternal optimist, I will continue to tell myself "Not much longer, not much longer..." :)
From a business perspective it would be an horrendous move to get rid of Moyes. Stability, PL almost certain, frugal with money and knowsvtgeewvus no money to be gained from playing entertaining football.
Surprised fans don't realise the above means keeping Moyes is great club ownership.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:46 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:16 am

Whoever put that up obviously doesn't think he'll quit after the Leverkusen match. Absolutely no logic to my thinking but I've got a funny feeling it might just happen.
That would not be funny if he did quit now :lol: :lol: :lol: , especially as its something he should have done last December .
Can't agree. Should have quit on a high after Prague. Assuming Steidten is as good as we are led to believe, and of course assuming he will at the very least be involved in selecting the new manager, I would hope the selection and verbal agreement with Terzic (whoops, sorry) is already in place. Quitting in December would have left the club in limbo, and whilst some might think limbo would have been an improvement on Moyes, I'm not too sure.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

palerider wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:01 am Scribes immeasurably more 'in the know' than me have ganged up to tell us that the dinosaur in the room is heading for the hills at the end of the season. And predictably the 'careful what you wish for' merchants are outraged.

'Never had it so good'. Chris Sutton.
'Deluded'. Rio Ferdinand.
'Safe pair of hands'. Alan Shearer.
'Patios our speciality'. F.West, Gloucester.

Arseholes the lot of them. Good fucking riddance to the footballing antichrist if, and I pray it is, true. He feels unloved. What a cunt.

I'd happilly feel unloved for 6 mil a year. Just do it before June 3rd you jock twat so I can renew my season ticket.
Well said mate.

They know fuck all about WHU .
.theyre all robbing a living spouting lazy shit about clubs they know nothing about.

See that flid Shearer .. so thick he doesn't even see his own hypocrisy.
He loses his shit whenever his mob don't perform to how he expects, like they've always been 'up there'.....fuckin muppet
The Geordies have won FUCK ALL since the FAIRS FUCKIN CUP in 823 AD or thereabouts .
Theyve been SHITE for most of my lifetime that's for sure.
It certainly shows how these bods have always viewed WHU ...
for the average northerner there are so many London clubs, all they really see are the 3 (three) CUNTS.

we have always been patronised and ridiculed.. along with a strange fascination , like we've all got 3 (three) fuckin heads
Oh yea.. West Ham...'loved going to Upton Park'....'it's an experience' .
WALL get the same shite on a smaller scale.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

30days 8hrs and 50 minutes to go .
And 5 games.
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:10 am 30days 8hrs and 50 minutes to go .
And 5 games.
I'm hoping he resigns after the Luton game. With City probably needing a win on the final day the cunt's ego couldn't accept a 7-0 shafting.

Wishful thinking maybe. With a 6m a year contract until June 30th.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

palerider wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:50 am
Newmarket wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:10 am 30days 8hrs and 50 minutes to go .
And 5 games.
I'm hoping he resigns after the Luton game. With City probably needing a win on the final day the cunt's ego couldn't accept a 7-0 shafting.

This is going to be a problem isn’t it ?
New manager/coach , massive rebuild required and less than a month to get the squad playing , and that’s without taking into the account the Euros where any player worth buying will be involved .

This Scots cunt will hang on till June the 30th .

We all know he will and it don’t look promising for next season cos one thing any incoming manager definitely won’t get is time .
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:26 am
palerider wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:50 am

This is going to be a problem isn’t it ?
New manager/coach , massive rebuild required and less than a month to get the squad playing , and that’s without taking into the account the Euros where any player worth buying will be involved .

This Scots cunt will hang on till June the 30th .

We all know he will and it don’t look promising for next season cos one thing any incoming manager definitely won’t get is time .
The problem could of course be solved by sacking the cunt. I don't know if there's a clause in his contract that reduces the compo incrementally the nearer to the end of it but the dwarf wouldn't pay a fiver even if that was the case.