West Ham vs Tottenham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Tottenham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Still very fuming at Moyes for ruined my weekend with his stupidity subs on Phillips who destroyed our winning chance against the barcodes. I am seriously hope he will not feature ever again but Moyes, stupidity for parking the bus every time we are leading, only to lose. He needs to stop this stupid habit of brining defenders to replace our attack. I don't want this stupid mistake ever again. Moyes need to go this summer as he has NO IDEA how to finish off teams around us. Hope Areola will be ok for this match as I don't know how long he will be out for. Alvarez will serve his final suspension so hope the squad will be the same as we did against Newcastle but DON'T want to bring Phillips or any defenders to replace our attack. Also Coufal need to do better as he was very poor against Newcastle.

Squad:

Areola/Fabianski

Coufal
Mavropanos
Zouma
Emerson

JWP
Soucek

Bowen
Paqueta
Kudus

Antonio

I do fully expected a reaction for what a criminal last 20 minutes against Newcastle that made me feel sick. If Moyes want to replace Antonio, REPLACE WITH INGS!!!!!! NOT Phillips!!!!

Result probable:

West Ham win: 30%
Draw 40%
Tottenham 30%

COYI!!! whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Whiskyman

Re: West Ham vs Tottenham Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

I’m getting the feeling Ibbs that you didn’t think bringing Phillips on for Antonio was a piece of masterful tactical thinking.

Confidence will be rock bottom after today’s debacle so I expect spurs to have a comfortable run out before taking the points. 1-3 or 1-4 imo.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:00 pm I’m getting the feeling Ibbs that you didn’t think bringing Phillips on for Antonio was a piece of masterful tactical thinking.

Confidence will be rock bottom after today’s debacle so I expect spurs to have a comfortable run out before taking the points. 1-3 or 1-4 imo.
After that nightmare ..a game three days later SHOULD be a good thing...especially against these cunts.
stewing for a week on the Geordie shit show would be hard to stomach.
I honestly can't predict this one.
We should be smarting and determined to put things right..but a capitulation is just as likely with this lot and the coward cunt in charge

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:00 pm I’m getting the feeling Ibbs that you didn’t think bringing Phillips on for Antonio was a piece of masterful tactical thinking.

this is the sort of game and situation that sums up why Moyes is still here.
He has a knack of getting results when he needs to save his bacon...and who better than these at home.
He's the messiah again with the morons and Newcastle is all forgotten about.
and on it goes...

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

normannomates wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:04 pm

this is the sort of game and situation that sums up why Moyes is still here.
He has a knack of getting results when he needs to save his bacon...and who better than these at home.
He's the messiah again with the morons and Newcastle is all forgotten about.
and on it goes...
True enough but imo the Newcastle game was far more important than the Spurs one. A win at St James' Park woujld have put us 7 points ahead of the team who most see as our main competitor for the last European spot next season. I think we've blown that and I'd be surprised if a lot of the players have the same feeling. With Newcastle's remaining fixtures being on paper not too challenging they should secure that last spot now.

We've blown it mate.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

I have lost confidence in Moyes 100% cos of his obsession with Phillips and hoping he do the best and that was a downside to the rest of the squad. Phillips need to keep out and never put on our shirt on again after he sticks his fingers at West Ham fans on the bus after the game and that is a disgrace. It was Moyes nagging too much to get Phillips and the board is not impress which is why the board want Steindten to be in charge of buying/selling players than Moyes cos Moyes isn't good enough and if Moyes stays next season, will he play the new players that Stiendten brought? Would Moyes like it? Best for the board to get rid of Moyes and Stiendtner will bring new head coach that works with him very well like Alonso at Bayern Leverkusen who this club were struggling 2 seasons ago like us and look how they are now. Moyes has to go and Steindtner will identify which new head coach will suit him best.

Our squad confidence is very low and like you said, Tottenham will find an easy ride to win 3-1 or 4-1.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

garnett

Post by garnett »

Afternoon from my work in Waltham Cross, always a horrible journey to Stratford this game.
But hey ho, I`m with Norm today, I think the slippery scot will pull something out tonight, his doing of course.
Be interesting to see if he will throw Phillips to the wolves, the spuds would love it.
A draw me thinks.......hopes......can`t see us winning

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

garnett wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:13 pm Afternoon from my work in Waltham Cross, always a horrible journey to Stratford this game.
But hey ho, I`m with Norm today, I think the slippery scot will pull something out tonight, his doing of course.
Be interesting to see if he will throw Phillips to the wolves, the spuds would love it.
A draw me thinks.......hopes......can`t see us winning
Isn't Phillips more likely to be thrown to the Wolves in the next league game ? OK, I'll get my hat and coat. ;)

Going to the game from Waltham Cross ? Hop on the train to Northumberlland Park mate. I've not been to the Spurs ground for years but it was a nightmare finding somewhere to park and getting away when therte were less than 40,000 there. Fuck knows what it's like now.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

There was a time that even if I only attended one game a season it would be this one .

But the dour jock and his suicidal game management has drained all the enthusiasm out of me lately .

I’m dreading tonight.
Bring back Jonathon !

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »