West Ham vs Tottenham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: West Ham vs Tottenham Official Match Thread

Post by eskimo joe »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:13 am
eskimo joe wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:10 am Well an unexpected result but one looking more like damage control rather than a go for a win by our fearless leader.

No subs, appears the time to make them was extended to the 90 odd minute mark. Mind you we weren't spoilt for choice. What happened with Areola,?! He wasnt on the bench. Did classless skunk leave him out because of the beating the net took on Saturday or did another mystery illness or injury hit?! Doubt the former, otherwise why have Phillips on the benc.h.

Still i am actually left feeling indifferent to the result.
I take it you didn’t actually watch the Newcastle game ?
See above.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

garnett

Post by garnett »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:05 pm I just hope Garnett made it across from Northumberland Park in time for the kick off.
I did but it was a close run thing, caught the 7pm from Waltham Cross, when I got to Liverpool St the Elizabeth line had severe delays so opted for Central line to Mile End and a bus onto the Dogs, got to my brothers pub 8.10.

garnett

Post by garnett »

I would like to mention our managers post match interview, he stated he would`ve taken a point before kick off, at home and only 2 short of our strongest 11 kinda says it all about the man and our second half performance..

garnett

Post by garnett »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:12 am
garnett wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:54 am It was a bore fest, only 1 team really trying to win 3 points and it wasn't us.
His low bore block worked last night, frustrated yhe fuck out of Spurs and me.
Not a sub in sight, does he really think we can continue til the end of the season like this ? They were fucked last night, our player's I'm talking about, apparently Wolves is a must win so no changes, but the Germans will be different, I'm predicting we change to a 5 - 5 formation with a fleet of double deckers.
Wolves a must win ? Personally I think we blew our European chances at St James' Park. 3 points there and Newcastle would have found it very difficult to catch us imo.but now they are only 1 point behind us with a game in hand. Brighton, 3 points behind have 2 games in hand and we shouldn't forget Chelsea who are 5 points back but have 3 in hand. All that lot also have far superior goal differences to us. Even Wolves could pass us if they win on Saturday.

I'm resigned to the fact that the European campaigns have been great fun but it could be a while before we get to experience them again.
I agree, it`s been quoted on a couple of HC video`s that for more European football Wolves is a must win, who would`ve thought mid table mediocrity was so important, what a world we live in.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

garnett wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:15 am
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:05 pm I just hope Garnett made it across from Northumberland Park in time for the kick off.
I did but it was a close run thing, caught the 7pm from Waltham Cross, when I got to Liverpool St the Elizabeth line had severe delays so opted for Central line to Mile End and a bus onto the Dogs, got to my brothers pub 8.10.
I'm just glad you didn't take the travel advice I posted earlier on this thread. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

eskimo joe wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:25 am
Newmarket wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:13 am

I take it you didn’t actually watch the Newcastle game ?
See above.
Apologies. I didn’t see Jay’s reply initially.
Bring back Jonathon !

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

garnett wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:24 am I would like to mention our managers post match interview, he stated he would`ve taken a point before kick off, at home and only 2 short of our strongest 11 kinda says it all about the man and our second half performance..
It’s the main reason I want him gone , his attitude and lack of ambition…. Or maybe I should say his stance that WE should be grateful for stuff , he’s as good as it can get for us .
His boring low block defensive shit he puts out there week upon week I could just about sufffer if his teams could actually defend .
But they can’t . He is full of shit and he’s unable to change .
If we were able to defend like Athletico Madrid I could understand it but the geezer on claret & booze is correct .
He is a myth . A myth maintained by similar Dinosaurs in the msm .
Allardyce is gone . Now there’s just Moyes and Dyche left .

Last legs for both of them .
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:54 pm
garnett wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:24 am I would like to mention our managers post match interview, he stated he would`ve taken a point before kick off, at home and only 2 short of our strongest 11 kinda says it all about the man and our second half performance..
It’s the main reason I want him gone , his attitude and lack of ambition…. Or maybe I should say his stance that WE should be grateful for stuff , he’s as good as it can get for us .
His boring low block defensive shit he puts out there week upon week I could just about sufffer if his teams could actually defend .
If we were able to defend like Athletico Madrid I could understand it but the geezer on claret & booze is correct .

Dear Sir

Oi you cunt. Don't you dare dismiss my managerial achievements so glibly. You've got some front mentioning Moyes and Dyche and giving me no mention at all. You should be fucking ashamed of yourself.

Yours

C, Wilder (Mr)
Manager
Sheffield United F C

P.S. Did I say you are a cunt.? It's people like you who give that nice Mr Pulis a bad name.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:54 pm

Thing is also, he asks players to toughen up and the seniors to give more encouragement ( for want of his exact words) and he cant take a slice of his own advice and grow some balls.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest