USA V Mexico Gold cup final

Chat about anything football related here!
deanox

USA V Mexico Gold cup final

Post by deanox »

Just about to watch the CONCAFAC gold cup final, USA V Mexico.
When I first came over to the states in 2004, no one watched "soccer."
Over the past 20 years I can see that America has taken to football in a big way. Everywhere I drive I see football pitches, and Americans talk about their team and especially the PL.
I'm hoping Mexico win tonight as on TV the USA are so confident and putting down the Mexicans, and I'm looking forward to watching Alvarez who the pundits here are not that keen on.

but either way I'm looking forward to the world cup coming here and hoping England (if we qualify) play in Dallas.
Last edited by deanox on Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

WelshIron

Re: USA V Mexico Gold cup final

Post by WelshIron »

I remember when I was in Texas someone came up to me and offered me $200 for my West Ham shirt. Couldnt name a player, didnt know what ground we played at (we were still at Upton Park then) but was desperate for the shirt and said how much he loved English 'soccer'. There was a fledgling team there at the time.

I didnt sell him the shirt :D

deanox

Post by deanox »

Great goal from Tyler Adams, 40-yard screamer. USA 1 Mexico 0
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

WelshIron wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:23 am I remember when I was in Texas someone came up to me and offered me $200 for my West Ham shirt. Couldnt name a player, didnt know what ground we played at (we were still at Upton Park then) but was desperate for the shirt and said how much he loved English 'soccer'. There was a fledgling team there at the time.

I’m sure I’ve had my shirt nicked off the clothes line in the last couple of weeks. Can’t remember the year, but it was the Dr Martens version.

I’m despondent - it was my favourite one.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Will Mexico struggle to score from a free kick? It's a fucking big wall Trump started building :lol:
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

WelshIron

Post by WelshIron »

OZHAMMER wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:08 am
WelshIron wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:23 am I remember when I was in Texas someone came up to me and offered me $200 for my West Ham shirt. Couldnt name a player, didnt know what ground we played at (we were still at Upton Park then) but was desperate for the shirt and said how much he loved English 'soccer'. There was a fledgling team there at the time.

I’m sure I’ve had my shirt nicked off the clothes line in the last couple of weeks. Can’t remember the year, but it was the Dr Martens version.

Thats a shame!

PhilipB

Post by PhilipB »

OZHAMMER wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:08 am

:lol: :lol:

Some sad larrikins about. Knickers are usual trophys for clothes line creepers not outsize footy shirts. Maybe the Neutral Bay knicker nicker changed his M O.

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

border draw