And the Europa draw is…

Chat about anything football related here!
deanox

Re: And the Europa draw is…

Post by deanox »

I'm optimistic that if we come away with a draw or like Freiburg a one goal deficit, we can take them at Home.
Only thing that is a worry is Alvarez being banned for the first leg and who we will bring in.
I think he will go with JWP but this could be a game made for Philips to show, what if any qualities he has.

Anyway, we have a tough draw against a good side, but I trust in our attacking players that we can score a goal or two, the problem is the defense.

Personally, I think it will be tough for Moyes to sit Fabianski in favor of Areola, but that's why he gets pad big bucks. As I have mentioned previously, we have to play our best team in every game until the end of season if we want to play in Europe again next season.
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

deanox wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:45 pm I'm optimistic that if we come away with a draw or like Freiburg a one goal deficit, we can take them at Home.
Only thing that is a worry is Alvarez being banned for the first leg and who we will bring in.
I think he will go with JWP but this could be a game made for Philips to show, what if any qualities he has.

Anyway, we have a tough draw against a good side, but I trust in our attacking players that we can score a goal or two, the problem is the defense.

Personally, I think it will be tough for Moyes to sit Fabianski in favor of Areola, but that's why he gets pad big bucks. As I have mentioned previously, we have to play our best team in every game until the end of season if we want to play in Europe again next season.
Good point about Alvarez. And because of his booking against Villa yesterday he will also miss the league matches against Newcastle and Spurs. Guess we will soon find out what Phillips is all about. The Mexicano will be a big miss.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:36 am
deanox wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:45 pm I'm optimistic that if we come away with a draw or like Freiburg a one goal deficit, we can take them at Home.

Good point about Alvarez. And because of his booking against Villa yesterday he will also miss the league matches against Newcastle and Spurs. Guess we will soon find out what Phillips is all about. The Mexicano will be a big miss.
This shouldn’t be an issue. One of the few positions (on paper) that we have adequate cover in .
Unfortunately, in real life , Phillips is shit .
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:33 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:36 am

This shouldn’t be an issue. One of the few positions (on paper) that we have adequate cover in .
Unfortunately, in real life , Phillips is shit .
I'm sure there has to be something there unless he's one of those players who, having got the big bucks contract, stoipped working at their game with the inevitab le consequences. Didnb't see him too often when he was at Leeds but there must have been something there to persuade City to part with so much cash. But , like yourself, I've seen fuck all evidence of any ability at all on his part since he arrived at our gaff. Never mind the quality of performance one would expect from a bloody international footballer.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

eastcoastclaret wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:32 pm Freiburg 2 leverkusen 3 result today.
It’s not beyond the realms of possibility we could win this tie
Thoughts?
I agree..
They're a very good side.... unbeaten run of 38 games or so is incredible really...

However, I don't think theyre anywhere close to the likes of Man City....gooners or the vermin.

They concede a lot of goals too for a side in their position.
We CAN definitely cause these all sorts of strife.

We will have to be at our best ...
not shit the bed in either leg....
the players ignore Moyes 's instructions entirely ..
take those few chances that will come our way.. .
the officials not being cunts..
No CRESSWELL..

Tick off all of the above ..then too right we can do these over 2 legs