West Ham vs Freiburg Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
brookingslovechild

Re: West Ham vs Freiburg Official Match Thread

Post by brookingslovechild »

deanox wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:00 pm Good result and a confidence builder, the next round should be good as there are some very good teams still in. As long as we don't get the bin dippers I will be happy.
BTW Kudos showed tonight (where you watching numbers) what he is capable of. The first goal must be contender for goal of the season.
1st half he wasn’t great going foward but was brilliant in defence, 2nd half he was a monster, 2 unbelievable goals.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

If I was moyes I’d be tempted to cup my hand to my ear aka fat sam styley as I walk off.
3 European quarter finals in 3 years….not achieved by any other English team ?
Frankly I’ve fuckin loved the European nights been utterly brilliant .

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

brookingslovechild wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:08 pm
deanox wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:00 pm Good result and a confidence builder, the next round should be good as there are some very good teams still in. As long as we don't get the bin dippers I will be happy.
BTW Kudos showed tonight (where you watching numbers) what he is capable of. The first goal must be contender for goal of the season.
1st half he wasn’t great going foward but was brilliant in defence, 2nd half he was a monster, 2 unbelievable goals.
Imagine if he werent at the back we would never have got to see that solo goal. As you said, his second wasnt too shabby either.

Cant grumble about that game, think their followers could though, their defense was shyte, and earlier i was thinking ours didnt look so good on paper, especially our left.Even the one i named donkey scored.

Well lets see where down the road this will lead. Dont care if we win or lose, its how we do it that matters. dont mistake that for me wanting to lose.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Nice all-round performance and a lot better. Glad to see Cresswell scored his first goal since the Queen was on the throne!

Shame to miss out Alvarez in Q-Final 1st leg.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Tbh I thought the first half was pretty poor. It was comfortable for us but I thought we had the handbrake on. Second half was much better and lit up by 3 great goals.

And whoever said Kudus was lazy needs to give their head a wobble. Downside of course is thar Alvarez will miss the first leg next round. He will be a big miss.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

deanox

Post by deanox »

It’s nights like this that we should just enjoy regardless of manager, tactics etc. I just wish I could’ve been there, after all what were the big nose cunts doing this week⚒⚒⚒
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

brookingslovechild wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:23 pm If I was moyes I’d be tempted to cup my hand to my ear aka fat sam styley as I walk off.
3 European quarter finals in 3 years….not achieved by any other English team ?
Frankly I’ve fuckin loved the European nights been utterly brilliant .
Yes, but we could reply with a loud shout of " what have we been telling you?!"
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

PhilipB

Post by PhilipB »

OZHAMMER wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:56 am
PhilipB wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:02 am

No wonder the rest of the world thinks you english are arrogant sons of bitches. ;) Why should we win comfortably? That attitude could be the reason if we get our bums slapped tonight.
The opinions of some fans of how difficult a game should be could have a bearing on the result?

You're from Queensland, aren't you...? :roll:
No, NSW.

PhilipB

Post by PhilipB »

Good performance that. On at the ungodly hour of 04.45 down here but worth the effort getting out of the pit for. Hoping we avoid Liverpool and Leverkusen. But even if we do there's still some tasty ties in prospect. Benfica would be good.

garnett

Post by garnett »

Morning Lads,

Well, thats the Panzer and Paddle well and truly dealt with, we now get to play with the big boys for the rest of this season, starting Sunday.

Message to earth, I`m on my way down.