West Ham vs Burnley Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: West Ham vs Burnley Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:30 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:40 am

I did hear a name mentioned by friends out in Germany some time back and I may have posted it on here. Some while back though . Interestin g if you've picked up something from someone close to the club. If it is the guy who I've heard is in the frame it wouldn't be a bad choice imo.
If we had to go Kraut I’d personally plump for Hoeness at Stuttgart . He’s overseen such a transformation there this season that they’ll probably qualify for the Champions League …so that’ll rule him out :D :D

I believe the guy you mentioned was the obvious one with West Ham connections. Edin Terzic .
The very same. Dortmund, like Stuttgart, are well placed to qualify for the CL again next season so like your man that could present a proble,. But I was also told, and bear in mind this was som e while back, that Terzic was under pressure because (at that time) domestic results hadn't been great and they were languishing outside the CL places. I was also told that he was held in high regard by Herr Steidten.

The disclaimer of course is that German "Leute im wissenj" are probably no more ITK than the silly bastards we've got over here. Although silly isn't the right word to use for some of the more outrageous ones who are raking in huge sums thanks to You Tube.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

PhilipB wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:16 am
Towie wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:16 am Yes, they were time wasting from when their first goal went in.
How Referee never booked their keeper is beyond me.

Burnley deserve to go down for their shocking support, didn’t even fill one of the sections allocated to them.
Piss poor effort.
Go down coz of poor support. Dumbest comment I've ever heard. When last in UK Burnley away was one of the games I saw. First and only visit there. Only a small town but get crowds of 20k or so for home games. Pretty good I'd say. Before we start knocking Burnley take a good look at the empty seats at ouir gaff on Sunday .
We played Bournemouth on a Monday night live on Sky, they bought more than Burnley.
Stand by my comment piss poor effort from them.

And as for my comment about deserve to go down for their support is the dumbest thing you have heard, then you need to get out more.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:54 am
Towie wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:16 am Yes, they were time wasting from when their first goal went in.
How Referee never booked their keeper is beyond me.

Burnley deserve to go down for their shocking support, didn’t even fill one of the sections allocated to them.
Piss poor effort.
Bit harsh. Agree withn you re time wasting but, ffs, the team's bottom of the league, game's on a Sunday so transport can be a problem, particularly with a 400 mile returnb trip is involved, not to mention the cost of course. And on top of everything else the weather was shit.

Some people have obviously got better things to do with their time and money than spend all day travelling to watch 90 plus minutes of time wasting tactics. And the population of Burnley itself is under 100,000 so their support generally is pretty imporessive imo.

And if we start relegating clubs because of things not related to what happens on the field I'd have to nominate us for having the most stupid fucking anthem. ;)
Bournemouth had more support for a Monday night game live on Sky, so I don’t think it is harsh at all.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:56 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:54 am

Bit harsh. Agree withn you re time wasting but, ffs, the team's bottom of the league, game's on a Sunday so transport can be a problem, particularly with a 400 mile returnb trip is involved, not to mention the cost of course. And on top of everything else the weather was shit.

Some people have obviously got better things to do with their time and money than spend all day travelling to watch 90 plus minutes of time wasting tactics. And the population of Burnley itself is under 100,000 so their support generally is pretty imporessive imo.

And if we start relegating clubs because of things not related to what happens on the field I'd have to nominate us for having the most stupid fucking anthem. ;)
Bournemouth had more support for a Monday night game live on Sky, so I don’t think it is harsh at all.
Well, whoopy doo. Good for Bournemouth. Not that attendances have the slightest relevance to whether a club should be in the PL or not but, ffs talk about comparing oranges with potatoes.. This is a football forum but comparing the Bournemouth following, a very wealthy area populated by a massive , wealthy, retired community and probably an even wealthier business commuting workforce with a deprived (Government's word noit mine) community in East Lancs is a bit disingenuous. Not to mention that I could dive from Stratford to Bournemouth in half the time I could drive to Burnley.

But let's just base PL membership on attendances. We'll start off by replacing Bournemouth with Derby County and then bin Luton and bring in Bradford City. That should fill up a few more seats next time one of them colmes to play at the LS. And we'll have Portsmouth standing by just in case. :lol:

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:59 pm
Towie wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:56 pm

Well, whoopy doo. Good for Bournemouth. Not that attendances have the slightest relevance to whether a club should be in the PL or not but, ffs talk about comparing oranges with potatoes.. This is a football forum but comparing the Bournemouth following, a very wealthy area populated by a massive , wealthy, retired community and probably an even wealthier business commuting workforce with a deprived (Government's word noit mine) community in East Lancs is a bit disingenuous. Not to mention that I could dive from Stratford to Bournemouth in half the time I could drive to Burnley.

But let's just base PL membership on attendances. We'll start off by replacing Bournemouth with Derby County and then bin Luton and bring in Bradford City. That should fill up a few more seats next time one of them colmes to play at the LS. And we'll have Portsmouth standing by just in case. :lol:
Never mentioned attendances or club size for that matter, so your last paragraph above is complete drivel as I never said that. So climb down off your high horse and read posts properly.
I said it was poor away support, which for me was a surprise as I always thought Burnley had a strong away following. They certainly have brought more than that to us before.

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

With some of the players we have ..the way this absolute fraud sets them up game after fuckin game is embarrassing.
Moyes supporters baffle me..I just don't get it...he's an arrogant cunt with an inflated ..deluded opinion of his
actual ability..
He has only one way of playing....thats it.
...every... fuckin ...game.
The divs will praise him for the second half ...BUT HE HAD NO CHOICE OTHER THAN FULL ON.. COCKS OUT CHARGE SECOND HALF...
and that's the THING '..
DANNY INGS OF ALL PLAYERS SAVED HIS ARSE THIS WEEK.

The way we CONSTANTLY back off as a team is fuckin embarrassing...the arm waving bollocks...move up move up...yea right .

The squad size and lack of options is ALL ON HIM

Cresswell ..Ogbonna ..Antonio .??
All STILL hanging around..just like I do on the Friday night grab a granny soul night.
THATS ALL ON HIM TOO.

He's a cunt jock fraud who has had big backing by our standards ..and still serves up this bonecrushing shite

He's an UTTER CUNT

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

normannomates wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:56 pm ..just like I do on the Friday night grab a granny soul night.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

oh fuck, that takes me back!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:43 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:59 pm

Never mentioned attendances or club size for that matter, so your last paragraph above is complete drivel as I never said that. So climb down off your high horse and read posts properly.
I said it was poor away support, which for me was a surprise as I always thought Burnley had a strong away following. They certainly have brought more than that to us before.
Drivel eh ? So the number of people supporting their club away has nothing to do with attendances. I don't quite undserstand that so I think we'll leave it at that because I'm guessing the fact the game was on Sunday and transport from Burnley to London and back might have been an issue has passed you by.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:43 am
Towie wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:43 pm

Drivel eh ? So the number of people supporting their club away has nothing to do with attendances. I don't quite undserstand that so I think we'll leave it at that because I'm guessing the fact the game was on Sunday and transport from Burnley to London and back might have been an issue has passed you by.

Away support is limited to size of ground. London stadium allows 6k(?) away support, nearly every Pl team so far has come sold it out of come close except one team.

Yep, I’ll leave it there or I’ll have tangents coming all over the place.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

I think Norman has eloquently summed up my thoughts on the game.