West Ham vs Burnley Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: West Ham vs Burnley Official Match Thread

Post by palerider »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:10 am I think Norman has eloquently summed up my thoughts on the game.
Get that cunt out now !

Not Norman btw.

exhammer

Post by exhammer »

Towie wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:58 am
Away support is limited to size of ground. London stadium allows 6k(?) away support, nearly every Pl team so far has come sold it out of come close except one team.
Coming in halfway thru this topic but wtf has that got to do with anything. Whiskey's got a point about distance and travel ain't he ? And like what's been said Burnleys not a rich place. Maybe the people up there prefer to splash the cash on their kids in stead of travelling miles up and down the country watching football.

Towie

Post by Towie »

exhammer wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:13 pm
Away support is limited to size of ground. London stadium allows 6k(?) away support, nearly every Pl team so far has come sold it out of come close except one team.
Coming in halfway thru this topic but wtf has that got to do with anything. Whiskey's got a point about distance and travel ain't he ? And like what's been said Burnleys not a rich place. Maybe the people up there prefer to splash the cash on their kids in stead of travelling miles up and down the country watching football.
Well it all about opinions isn’t it? And mine is they took less than half the away allocation which I feel is a very poor effort.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

PhilipB

Post by PhilipB »

Yep, I’ll leave it there or I’ll have tangents coming all over the place.
So you thin k a team deserves to go down because not enough of its fans put their money into going to an away game instead of giving there kids decent clothes and feeding them properly. Least I think thats what some are saying here but I dont know what planet your living on mate. Funny prioritys some folk have.

Towie

Post by Towie »

PhilipB wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:37 am

Yep, I’ll leave it there or I’ll have tangents coming all over the place.
So you thin k a team deserves to go down because not enough of its fans put their money into going to an away game instead of giving there kids decent clothes and feeding them properly. Least I think thats what some are saying here but I dont know what planet your living on mate. Funny prioritys some folk have.
Don’t think I said any of those things you have written there, and certainly a lot of assumptions on your part about the reasons Burnley fans never turned up in their numbers they have done before.

I look forward to seeing the poll you have clearly taken.
I trust also these poor souls that are struggling to feed their kids and clothe them have given up vaping, bookies and Pubs?

PhilipB

Post by PhilipB »

Towie wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:15 pm
PhilipB wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:37 am

Don’t think I said any of those things you have written there, and certainly a lot of assumptions on your part about the reasons Burnley fans never turned up in their numbers they have done before.

I trust also these poor souls that are struggling to feed their kids and clothe them have given up vaping, bookies and Pubs?
Dont make yourself look a prick mate. Wasnt even me that said that originally anyways. Just tryin g to put some perspective into it. Like why too few people in your eyes schlepped down from Lancashire on a Sunday afternoon. Polls FFS, where the hell you coming from.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

PhilipB wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:53 am

Dont make yourself look a prick mate.
No mirrors at your place Phil? :lol:

Towie

Post by Towie »

Dont make yourself look a prick mate. Wasnt even me that said that originally anyways. Just tryin g to put some perspective into it. Like why too few people in your eyes schlepped down from Lancashire on a Sunday afternoon. Polls FFS, where the hell you coming from.
Fuck me, take a look at yourself dickwad.

Burnley is close to two major cities, if they want work they sure could get it there. Not every northern market town is a hellhole in a depression.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:24 pm

Burnley is close to two major cities, if they want work they sure could get it there. Not every northern market town is a hellhole in a depression.
I think what he's trying to say (apologies PhilipB if I'm out of line) is that not everybody sees going to football as some sort of duty or badge of honour. And it's a bloody good point about transportation on Sunday. I've got to say that because I thin k I mentioned it earlier.. :lol:

Do you think that if there are loads of empty seats in the stadium tonight we deserve to lose our place in the Europa League, like you say Burnley deserve relegation for not taking their allocation, because of a poor attendance ? And at home . :o
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:20 pm
Towie wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:24 pm

I think what he's trying to say (apologies PhilipB if I'm out of line) is that not everybody sees going to football as some sort of duty or badge of honour. And it's a bloody good point about transportation on Sunday. I've got to say that because I thin k I mentioned it earlier.. :lol:

Do you think that if there are loads of empty seats in the stadium tonight we deserve to lose our place in the Europa League, like you say Burnley deserve relegation for not taking their allocation, because of a poor attendance ? And at home . :o
Nope you take each game in its own merits, tonight won’t be full as it 5:45ko, and imo 50k would still be impressive.

However Sunday 2pm KO? And I never mentioned their home attendance, for some reason you keep bringing that into equation. I’m only referring to what I saw Sunday.