Freiburg vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: Freiburg vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Towie »

How that not a penalty at the end?

Ball hits hand above head is a pen in todays crap handball laws.

We go one nil down and he brings Phillips on not Antonio! Beggars belief.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Respecting the 1-0 defeat the manky Scots Cunt .

That’ll bite him on the arse next week you watch .

Disappointing but hardly surprising.
Bring back Jonathon !

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:07 pm Respecting the 1-0 defeat the manky Scots Cunt .

I think we’ll smash them. :? 🤞

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Is Emerson injured?
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

deanox

Post by deanox »

Ok a reality check is needed.

We should beat Freiburg at home next week but if we don't it will only prolong the agony coz Liverpool are playing kids and strolling. We have a snowballs chance in Hell.

Love to get to the next round but let's face facts we were dire in large parts tonight due to the shitty team tactics and lack of talent coming off the bench. FFS if we had started with Areola, it's our first team.

If we lose or don't win in style against one of the worst teams in the Prem for years Burnley on Sunday, what will it take to change management and style.
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Pretty much what i expected so no surprise for me. We arent out of it but it seems evident that even if we do progress it will be the last stop.

They had played us twice in the previous round and obviously learnt from it, maybe Moyes needs to do the same.

I would feel it more a kick in the teeth if i had the dellusion of us winning the competition, as it stands, no chance! Prove me wrong please!
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:07 pm Respecting the 1-0 defeat the manky Scots Cunt .

Agree the approach was far too bloody passive but, ffs, the chances, good ones, we missed sure mounted up. I'll excuse Stavros his one because there was only a small gap to aim at, but the misses by Bowen, Paqueta twice and JWP were Sunday morning parks stuff.

And Moyes deserves stick for keeping that petulant Brazilian on for far too long when it was clear he was having "one of those days" and seemed hell bent on getting himself sent off. Kudus and Alvarez can hold their heads up imo. The rest----below par.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:52 am

Agree the approach was far too bloody passive but, ffs, the chances, good ones, we missed sure mounted up. I'll excuse Stavros his one because there was only a small gap to aim at, but the misses by Bowen, Paqueta twice and JWP were Sunday morning parks stuff.

And Moyes deserves stick for keeping that petulant Brazilian on for far too long when it was clear he was having "one of those days" and seemed hell bent on getting himself sent off. Kudus and Alvarez can hold their heads up imo. The rest----below par.
Yeah Antonio should have replaced him 20 mins earlier at least along with the JWP/Phillips switch .

Tbh I thought Moyes managed the game quite well and
I quite like his tactic of sending Soucek up top when Phillips comes on .
It worked at Everton and it nearly got him a penalty last night.
Considering the fact that Ward Prowse is a total waste of space it makes me wonder why Moyes doesn’t start the game like that ?
The man’s recent tactical in-game tweaks have (mostly) been ok so he’s not totally inept but his idea of general substitutions and reacting to changes made by the opposing coach are toilet
Bring back Jonathon !

garnett

Post by garnett »

Dull uninspiring, sound familiar ?
It's beginning to look like we are only going to perform at home.
Penalty decision correct, the player wasn't even looking at the ball and there is no such thing as arm's in an unnatural position, it's a natural reflex we all do and cannot control.
Congratulations go the ref for sticking by his guns and the people who backed Paqueta to get booked, easy money.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Apparently the ref didnt award the penalty because he said there was a push on the player, so why didnt he give a foul?
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest