Why Bielsa would be the right man in the wrong place...

Chat about anything football related here!
MitchFY66

Why Bielsa would be the right man in the wrong place...

Post by MitchFY66 »

A few of my mates have asked me who I would want as manager if Bilic gets the sack (Which I really hope doesn't happen) and for me it has to be... Bielsa. If Bilic does get sacked, I'd be shocked if we didn't at least interview Bielsa, considering we were so tightly linked to him when we were in the hunt for a new boss.

Some of you might already know this, but I'm a HUGE Bielsa fan. Loved him at Bilbao, and his 2011 (I believe the year was) pressing style against Barcelona was one of the most insane things I have ever seen, he actually had Barca playing hoofball! That game will always stick out in my mind.
Marseille under Bielsa was one of the most enjoyable spells of Football I have ever seen. They finished 4th, which was pretty impressive when you consider they were/are a club on the brink of bankruptcy. Their style of play was just so slick and beautiful - as all teams are under Bielsa.
However, there is a downside to Bielsa. He's a bit of a loose cannon, he doesn't take shit from any owner. Assuming this rot does continue, I generally believe Bielsa would be the man to stop it, and turn things around into a good season. But I think he would be gone next Summer. I couldn't see him putting up with Sullivan and the board making the signings.

This thread post is a bit of a "what if", but considering some of you have mention Bielsa before, I though I'd make a point of it.
He's not the messiah! He's a very naughty boy!

BillyDWhizz

Re: Why Bielsa would be the right man in the wrong place...

Post by BillyDWhizz »

He was high on my list of candidates when the managerial merry-go-round was in full swing last year, although to be fair I wasn't disappointed when we chose Slaven instead. I'm sure Bilic will turn things around but Marcelo Biesla isn't a bad name to be banding around should the unthinkable happen. He's as mad as a box of frogs mind...
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

IRON-MAN ⚒

Post by IRON-MAN ⚒ »

MitchFY66 wrote:A few of my mates have asked me who I would want as manager if Bilic gets the sack (Which I really hope doesn't happen) and for me it has to be... Bielsa. If Bilic does get sacked, I'd be shocked if we didn't at least interview Bielsa, considering we were so tightly linked to him when we were in the hunt for a new boss.

Some of you might already know this, but I'm a HUGE Bielsa fan. Loved him at Bilbao, and his 2011 (I believe the year was) pressing style against Barcelona was one of the most insane things I have ever seen, he actually had Barca playing hoofball! That game will always stick out in my mind.
Marseille under Bielsa was one of the most enjoyable spells of Football I have ever seen. They finished 4th, which was pretty impressive when you consider they were/are a club on the brink of bankruptcy. Their style of play was just so slick and beautiful - as all teams are under Bielsa.
However, there is a downside to Bielsa. He's a bit of a loose cannon, he doesn't take shit from any owner. Assuming this rot does continue, I generally believe Bielsa would be the man to stop it, and turn things around into a good season. But I think he would be gone next Summer. I couldn't see him putting up with Sullivan and the board making the signings.

This thread post is a bit of a "what if", but considering some of you have mention Bielsa before, I though I'd make a point of it.
keep the faith in bilic we trust ⚒
BA14 TO E13 SINCE 85. whufc_crest

MitchFY66

Post by MitchFY66 »

IRON-MAN ⚒ wrote:
MitchFY66 wrote:A few of my mates have asked me who I would want as manager if Bilic gets the sack (Which I really hope doesn't happen) and for me it has to be... Bielsa. If Bilic does get sacked, I'd be shocked if we didn't at least interview Bielsa, considering we were so tightly linked to him when we were in the hunt for a new boss.

keep the faith in bilic we trust ⚒
I agree mate, Slav deserves more time.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Does Bielsa speak English ?

MitchFY66

Post by MitchFY66 »

palerider wrote:Does Bielsa speak English ?
No.But this isn't actually that big a deal nowadays. Pochettino couldn't speak a word of English in his first season for Saints.