Satisfied with our new home?

Chat about anything football related here!
HappyhammerEire

Satisfied with our new home?

Post by HappyhammerEire »

The Dave's came out with a statement just yesterday stating that they will not stop working until every fan is happy with the stadium. we have to make it a fortress and to do that I think we the FANS the core of this club have to be closer to the pitch. They need to sort it out right now its like a world away from a proper footbal ground. In exchange this will help the team get the results that we as a club deserve. Anyone feel the same way? Could They introduce safe standing to fill up those massive gaps where the astro turf a.K.a plastic padding is?

Brookbonds73

Re: Satisfied with our new home?

Post by Brookbonds73 »

HappyhammerEire wrote:The Dave's came out with a statement just yesterday stating that they will not stop working until every fan is happy with the stadium. we have to make it a fortress and to do that I think we the FANS the core of this club have to be closer to the pitch. They need to sort it out right now its like a world away from a proper footbal ground. In exchange this will help the team get the results that we as a club deserve. Anyone feel the same way? Could They introduce safe standing to fill up those massive gaps where the astro turf a.K.a plastic padding is?
Well that would cost money and seeing that we've hardly spent fuck all on the pitch, I'd say the chances of spending money off the pitch are pretty slim.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

pingpong91

Post by pingpong91 »

HappyhammerEire wrote:The Dave's came out with a statement just yesterday stating that they will not stop working until every fan is happy with the stadium. we have to make it a fortress and to do that I think we the FANS the core of this club have to be closer to the pitch. They need to sort it out right now its like a world away from a proper footbal ground. In exchange this will help the team get the results that we as a club deserve. Anyone feel the same way? Could They introduce safe standing to fill up those massive gaps where the astro turf a.K.a plastic padding is?
I don't think it is really the distance from the pitch that is the #1 issue I think its the areas fans have been placed. The club have well and truly fudged up by placing proper vocal fans in patches. I know the idea of this sounds good at first but hear me out.

if you place all the noisy fans near the away fans you would keep the away fans a lot quieter I mean we were out sang by flipping Accrington Stanley - how does that happen?

also the loudest of fans are usually the fans who wish to stay standing for the whole game so subsequently you would fix that issue. I do think it would help by somehow getting the fans closer to the action but I think fan placement would be an easier step to sorting this mess out.

again only an opinion.
Fortunes always hiding

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

I think a lot of us are forgetting that you are not legally allowed to stand in the stadium,does not
matter what the board would like to do,their hands are tied.
Over a period of time,might be a year or 2,they can let it be known where the "Singing areas" are
Bobby Lower or wherever seems best,people would then know where to they are, with respect to
the unofficial standing areas.
Even then we have a prob with the stewards whose job it is(like it or not) to make sure people remain seated.
Also if we start having a high old bill presence,standing will be an absolute no go.
So we need to find a way to get the stadium security on board and keep the old bill away,
Fuck knows how that can be achieved at the moment,think we have to be patient until we
eventually get what we want..........

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

mkhammer wrote:I think a lot of us are forgetting that you are not legally allowed to stand in the stadium,does not
Over a period of time,might be a year or 2,they can let it be known where the "Singing areas" are
Bobby Lower or wherever seems best,people would then know where to they are, with respect to
Even then we have a prob with the stewards whose job it is(like it or not) to make sure people remain seated.
Also if we start having a high old bill presence,standing will be an absolute no go.
So we need to find a way to get the stadium security on board and keep the old bill away,
Fuck knows how that can be achieved at the moment,think we have to be patient until we

Worth noting the stewards made zero attempt to make the blocks in front of us to sit. They have been standing since domzale game and it kicked off with the Watford one. But on Sunday they were left well alone and shock, no trouble whatsoever. I can only hope this will be the case this weekend too.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

redhammer wrote:
mkhammer wrote:I think a lot of us are forgetting that you are not legally allowed to stand in the stadium,does not

Worth noting the stewards made zero attempt to make the blocks in front of us to sit. They have been standing since domzale game and it kicked off with the Watford one. But on Sunday they were left well alone and shock, no trouble whatsoever. I can only hope this will be the case this weekend too.
Yeah lets hope that continues and gradually becomes the norm,prob at the moment is just one
unhappy fan complains,and the stewards have to do their job,and it all kicks off again,but it's
a good sign that they appreciate people wanting to stand.
It will get sorted,but like i said everyone needs to be patient and understanding for this first year.

CABRON

Post by CABRON »

For me as long as that running track remains (the one under that hideous bogey coloured cloth) the fans are so far away that the atmosphere will never transmit to the pitch and the 12th man is lost almost entirely. a lovely stadium but will never ever be a famous and revered soccer stadium in its current form.

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer »

The pitch area looks fucking awful with the Subbuteo cloth covering the running track. Be interesting to see if EA have made that visible on FIFA 17 later this week

Not what we were promised, but then have they delivered on any promises this summer?

Keep going and spending, though

DG will keep begging, regardless

I was really disappointed that it appeared I would be very unlikely to get a ticket for a home game this season but at the moment I feel like going down just to tear up my brick. Sounds like an awful experience watching football there and maybe we'be been sold down the river with this move into a stadium not built for football, that we don't own, can't train in, can't seem to play in, and that is being pushed more as an 'experience' akin to the West End than a football match involving West Ham

Relegations have depressed me less than this total mess we are in, so at least there might be something to look forward to :roll: