Man Utd vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
DanishHammer

Re: Man Utd vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by DanishHammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:04 pm
Towie wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:46 pm

Well one would like to believe if we sell Kudus, Pacqueta, Bowen and Areola as you are predicting. Then replacements would come in which is Herr Steidens remit.
I have only predicted Paqueta will be sold, and that’s fairly common knowledge isn’t it? The others will get itchy feet if there”s no Europe, wouldn’t you agree?

But discoveries suggests players hithertu unknown to us plebs. Like that Osmen chap. I’d never heard of him. Had you? But after the cock up that was made of that negotiation I’m not holding my breath.
Actually the cock up was apparently that the player himself pointed at an agent to represent him that wasn't the registered agent at the danish football authorities - so perhaps not West Hams fault...

Towie

Post by Towie »

brookingslovechild wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:20 pm
tassiehammer wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:48 pm That's disappointing to wake up to but not unexpected.
Tass for context we out played Utd for most of the match , shot ourselves in the foot for 2 goals , 3rd was an own goal. Johnson was good. Missing pacman and shoulda bought a striker.
Wasn’t a 3 -0 game.
What everyone wanted was more possession we got it today and lost bigley.
No, it is about entertainment, I enjoyed watching this game far more than Thursday game. Didn’t you?
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

DanishHammer wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:17 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:04 pm

I have only predicted Paqueta will be sold, and that’s fairly common knowledge isn’t it? The others will get itchy feet if there”s no Europe, wouldn’t you agree?

But discoveries suggests players hithertu unknown to us plebs. Like that Osmen chap. I’d never heard of him. Had you? But after the cock up that was made of that negotiation I’m not holding my breath.
Actually the cock up was apparently that the player himself pointed at an agent to represent him that wasn't the registered agent at the danish football authorities - so perhaps not West Hams fault...
Fair comment. I guess you're probably more informed about this than we are over here.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:13 am This one wasn’t on Moyes too much .

Maybe switching kudus and Johnson second half , but apart from that Moyes didn’t do too much wrong .
Their opening goal apart Man United were arsehole lucky.

Deserving more yet conceding 3 seems to be a recurring theme at OT/Anfield .
I don't watch the matches anymore Tim , but can you tell me who was deployed as a false nine when we had not one but two strikerscon the bench , and neither were used ? . Also why did we have two RB's on the pitch what formation was used ? , and Zouma that guy can't get anywhere near a ball with conviction since he put the cat over the fence . And you say this result wasn't on Moyes to much , who in their right mind would want Phillips at their club and worse still use him on the pitch .

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

Towie wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:32 am
brookingslovechild wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:20 pm

Tass for context we out played Utd for most of the match , shot ourselves in the foot for 2 goals , 3rd was an own goal. Johnson was good. Missing pacman and shoulda bought a striker.
Wasn’t a 3 -0 game.
What everyone wanted was more possession we got it today and lost bigley.
No, it is about entertainment, I enjoyed watching this game far more than Thursday game. Didn’t you?
no. not really fella. as am armchair fan its about the points end of. Playing well(ish) and losing is just same old west ham way and has been for years. It doesnt get us into europe which we need if we are to hang onto our best players.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

brookingslovechild wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:39 am

no. not really fella. as am armchair fan its about the points end of. Playing well(ish) and losing is just same old west ham way and has been for years. It doesnt get us into europe which we need if we are to hang onto our best players.
How about we find a way to play well(ish) and win , or is that to much of a novelty for some who can't see beyond Moyes and what was called the West Ham Way .
I reckon that would get us into Europe and get us to keep our players .

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

We actually sort of turned up for a change up there.
Created a few decent chances but poor execution our downfall and some of our decision making was fucking dreadful .
Our usual defensive frailties were again exposed and they have players that can punish that.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:52 pm We actually sort of turned up for a change up there.
Created a few decent chances but poor execution our downfall and some of our decision making was fucking dreadful .
Our usual defensive frailties were again exposed and they have players that can punish that.
Good to hear we actually sort of turned up for a change :) .
Why do you think the poor execution and dreadful decision making was the reason for our downfall ? . Was it playing Bowen up front , Johnson out wide and possibly JWP as a playmaker and bringing on Phillips :lol: , only asking as I don't watch or listern to the matches anymore .
Can you tell me what are our usual defensive frailties are , will take a wild guess and say the donkey Zouma lack of leadership ? .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:13 am This one wasn’t on Moyes too much .

Maybe switching kudus and Johnson second half , but apart from that Moyes didn’t do too much wrong .
Their opening goal apart Man United were arsehole lucky.

Deserving more yet conceding 3 seems to be a recurring theme at OT/Anfield .
Lucky ? Have to disagree. In football you make your own luck and for all the posession and domination we showed in the first half I can only recall Onana having to make one save. The shot from Johnson. The tutning point imo was when Emerson missed the chance just before they scored their second. Luck ? No. A pathetic shot by Emerson, who othewrwise played well imo. and within a minute or so we were 2 down. The only other real opening we created was when Bowen was stopped by Dalot's last ditch tackle. Not luck, just good defending. Maybe some of our defenders should wwatch the re runs.

Apparently we had 13 shots in the first half. Big fucking deal. How many of the troubled their keeper ? Like I say I can only recall one. And I think I could have played in United's goal second half and it wouldn't have made a difference. And I still can't work out what JWP offers in open play. By the way, did anyone know that he's only one goal from a free kick short of---------------. I'm sure you've heard it said many times every time we get a free kick within range.

The fact I first heard it said during our opening game against Bournemouth speaks fucking volumes imo.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

brookingslovechild wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:39 am

Well if it just about the result, then read it in the paper and save yourself 2 hours.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.