Man Utd vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: Man Utd vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Towie »

Clayton wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:50 pm
brookingslovechild wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:39 am

no. not really fella. as am armchair fan its about the points end of. Playing well(ish) and losing is just same old west ham way and has been for years. It doesnt get us into europe which we need if we are to hang onto our best players.
How about we find a way to play well(ish) and win , or is that to much of a novelty for some who can't see beyond Moyes and what was called the West Ham Way .
I reckon that would get us into Europe and get us to keep our players .
Indeed, it interesting that there are many teams in PL outside of Sky 6 who play decent football and get results.

I mean Villa go to a Sheff Utd and turn them over big time, we on the other hand stink the place out and get an undeserved draw.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:14 pm
Clayton wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:50 pm

How about we find a way to play well(ish) and win , or is that to much of a novelty for some who can't see beyond Moyes and what was called the West Ham Way .
I reckon that would get us into Europe and get us to keep our players .
Indeed, it interesting that there are many teams in PL outside of Sky 6 who play decent football and get results.

I mean Villa go to a Sheff Utd and turn them over big time, we on the other hand stink the place out and get an undeserved draw.
Sky 6? Chelsea ? Man United ? And how come Spurs, who haven’t won a league title since before a man walked on the moon, are considered one of these called Sky 6?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:03 pm
Towie wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:14 pm

Sky 6? Chelsea ? Man United ? And how come Spurs, who haven’t won a league title since before a man walked on the moon, are considered one of these called Sky 6?
Ask Sky? They call them the big 6 and like to rim them.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:30 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:03 pm

I’m guessing you haven’t been watching Sky too much recently. :lol: :lol:

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:34 pm
Towie wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:30 pm

You must have selected hearing then. 😂😂😂

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:21 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:34 pm

Yep. Selective enough to hear the names of the new kids on the block that have replaced Chelsea as the revenue stream drivers.

Clue for you. One's based in the North East and the other is just off the M6 in the Midlands. ;)

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:59 am
Towie wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:21 am
Yep. Selective enough to hear the names of the new kids on the block that have replaced Chelsea as the revenue stream drivers.

Clue for you. One's based in the North East and the other is just off the M6 in the Midlands. ;)
Most live appearances on Sky & TnT this season.

1) Arsenal - 21 games
2) Man City - 20 games
3) Man Utd - 20 games
4) Spuds - 20 games
5) Liverpool 19 games
6) Chelsea 18 games

Hope this helps. 😉

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:41 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:59 am

1) Arsenal - 21 games
2) Man City - 20 games
3) Man Utd - 20 games
4) Spuds - 20 games
5) Liverpool 19 games
6) Chelsea 18 games

Hope this helps. 😉
Sky 6? So where do TNT fit in with this ? And Amazon for that matter?

And can I suggest you check your figures old chap. You do realise there have only been 23 games played by most teams this season don't you? :lol:

You obviously have a lot of spare time on your hands so it shouldn't be too much trouble ;)

But seriously. Is it surprising the broadcasters pick the best supported teams, and usually the best games, to show? Man United will always be a popular choice because Sky's viewing stats show their games are the most watched, followed, surprise, surprise, by Liverpool. And you may not have noticed that I did mention the new kids on the block who have replaced Chelsea as the revenue stream drivers. So expect to see them feature more often when the next batch of live games is announced..

exhammer

Post by exhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:38 am
Towie wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:41 pm

1) Arsenal - 21 games
2) Man City - 20 games
3) Man Utd - 20 games
4) Spuds - 20 games
5) Liverpool 19 games
6) Chelsea 18 games

Hope this helps. 😉
Sky 6? So where do TNT fit in with this ? And Amazon for that matter?

And can I suggest you check your figures old chap. You do realise there have only been 23 games played by most teams this season don't you? :lol:

You obviously have a lot of spare time on your hands so it shouldn't be too much trouble ;)

But seriously. Is it surprising the broadcasters pick the best supported teams, and usually the best games, to show? Man United will always be a popular choice because Sky's viewing stats show their games are the most watched, followed, surprise, surprise, by Liverpool. And you may not have noticed that I did mention the new kids on the block who have replaced Chelsea as the revenue stream drivers. So expect to see them feature more often when the next batch of live games is announced..
A lot of folk dont know Sky and the others take a lot of notice of the viewer numbers. Was talking to an old player who does a buit with sky from time to time and theyve got a load of figures that show how much their viewers go up when the Man uniteds and Liverpools are on. But your right about them figures being wrong. Only 2 Arsen al games not been on the box he reckons. Cant be right.

garnett

Post by garnett »

We certainly should be on Sky more often, not because we deserve to be, but to convince yhe pundits that we do know what we're talking about and our football is fucking shit.
Neither us nor the mancs deserve top 6 this season, both fuvking awful.