kalvin

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: kalvin

Post by palerider »

I genuinely feel sorry for him. But we clearly shouldn't have signed him. Lack of game time at City has fucked his form completely and he's enduring a nightmare with his confidence at zero. Another grade A fuck up by Moyes.

There's no obligation luckily. But I wouldn't say it's definite Paqueta goes there. The dwarf will expect every penny of the 85m release clause which given the PSR/FFP charges hanging over them may still cause them problems.

And if it does happen then there are plenty of others at City that could be used as part of the deal, just as long as they won't be 'Moysed', and under a manager without a yellow streak down his back.

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:37 pm I genuinely feel sorry for him. But we clearly shouldn't have signed him. Lack of game time at City has fucked his form completely and he's enduring a nightmare with his confidence at zero. Another grade A fuck up by Moyes.

There's no obligation luckily. But I wouldn't say it's definite Paqueta goes there. The dwarf will expect every penny of the 85m release clause which given the PSR/FFP charges hanging over them may still cause them problems.

And if it does happen then there are plenty of others at City that could be used as part of the deal, just as long as they won't be 'Moysed', and under a manager without a yellow streak down his back.
I think Paqueta is one of their top targets. If they can’t offload Phillips in the deal I’m sure they’ll try include someone else so they have a smaller outlay and keep wages lower
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:08 pm
palerider wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:37 pm I genuinely feel sorry for him. But we clearly shouldn't have signed him. Lack of game time at City has fucked his form completely and he's enduring a nightmare with his confidence at zero. Another grade A fuck up by Moyes.

I think Paqueta is one of their top targets. If they can’t offload Phillips in the deal I’m sure they’ll try include someone else so they have a smaller outlay and keep wages lower
He was last season so maybe he will be again, who knows ? But as for Phillips I'm amazed we fell into the trapo of paying money for a player who has obviously let himself go, having secured the contract to set him up for life----and good luck to him btw, he's not the bloke who decided he was worh a king's ransom.

FFS there were enough clues coming out of Man City, not least Guardiola's "he's overweight" comment a few months back. But West Ham, proving there really is one born every minute, decided to add him to the vanity signing list (step fprward Joe Hart) and the results are there for all to see.

I wouldn't mind a grand for every has been, former "star" West Ham have splashed out good money on only to find out the real reason those Nigerian princes lkeep on sending out those seductive e mails. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:15 pm
JayK wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:08 pm

He was last season so maybe he will be again, who knows ? But as for Phillips I'm amazed we fell into the trapo of paying money for a player who has obviously let himself go, having secured the contract to set him up for life----and good luck to him btw, he's not the bloke who decided he was worh a king's ransom.

FFS there were enough clues coming out of Man City, not least Guardiola's "he's overweight" comment a few months back. But West Ham, proving there really is one born every minute, decided to add him to the vanity signing list (step fprward Joe Hart) and the results are there for all to see.

I wouldn't mind a grand for every has been, former "star" West Ham have splashed out good money on only to find out the real reason those Nigerian princes lkeep on sending out those seductive e mails. :lol: :lol: :lol:
The overweight comment was never gonna put Moyes off. After all, the same was said about Lingard during the summer and Moyes gave him every chance. Sadly we’re paying (a lot) for Phillips to be prove the same scenario.
COYI!!!

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Thought we might be onto a good thing him signing
How wrong was I

Geezer has no fucking interest being here whatsoever and is absolute fucking shit.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:26 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:15 pm

The overweight comment was never gonna put Moyes off. After all, the same was said about Lingard during the summer and Moyes gave him every chance. Sadly we’re paying (a lot) for Phillips to be prove the same scenario.
You’re right. But there’s one difference imo. Lingard was still part of the Man U squad who got picked, maybe bench but still picked, Phillips has pretty much been discarded by City. Picked in matches that don’t matter. Presumably to put him in the shop window. And as Moyes has proved there is always one—————

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Graeme souness had his card marked.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:24 pm
JayK wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:26 pm

You’re right. But there’s one difference imo. Lingard was still part of the Man U squad who got picked, maybe bench but still picked, Phillips has pretty much been discarded by City. Picked in matches that don’t matter. Presumably to put him in the shop window. And as Moyes has proved there is always one—————
I was referring to the summer just gone after his poor showing for Forest last season
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:10 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:24 pm

I was referring to the summer just gone after his poor showing for Forest last season
You weren't impressed with him at Forest then. ;)

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:25 am
JayK wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:10 am

You weren't impressed with him at Forest then. ;)
Neither were they. 14 starts I think
COYI!!!