Message from Connor Coventry

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Message from Connor Coventry

Post by Newmarket »

Bring back Jonathon !

Clayton

Re: Message from Connor Coventry

Post by Clayton »

I suppose this will give another youngster a chance to gain valuable premier league experience while sitting on the bench :roll: .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Thought he was decent when I saw him. Probably not quite at the level needed for regular PL appearances but certainly good enough for a decent career in League One or the Championship.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

I think it was pretty selfish of the club to hang on to him as long as they did just to make up the HG quota when Moyes never had any intention of playing him .

West Ham pretty much wasted 2 years of the lads career when they could have let him go 18 months ago and promoted another HG youngster to make up the numbers.

I wish him well .
Bring back Jonathon !

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:36 pm I think it was pretty selfish of the club to hang on to him as long as they did just to make up the HG quota when Moyes never had any intention of playing him .

West Ham pretty much wasted 2 years of the lads career when they could have let him go 18 months ago and promoted another HG youngster to make up the numbers.

I wish him well .
That in a way highlights the drawbacks of HG, which imo is a partial joke anyway when you take in to consideration the reason for its being. Unless of course i am totally wrong.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

h69

Post by h69 »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:36 pm I think it was pretty selfish of the club to hang on to him as long as they did just to make up the HG quota when Moyes never had any intention of playing him .

I wish him well .

They'd have sold him if they had a decent offer but he never impressed enough on loan to ever garner serious bids. Probably ok in L1 and maybe the Championship but never good enough for the Prem.

h69

Post by h69 »

eskimo joe wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:07 pm

I wish him well .
That in a way highlights the drawbacks of HG, which imo is a partial joke anyway when you take in to consideration the reason for its being. Unless of course i am totally wrong.
100%

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Comes across as a decent kid. I wish him well and hope he makes full international with the paddies.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

IndianHammer

Post by IndianHammer »

Will go down in our history as a European Champ. All the best to the lad.