Bristol City vs West Ham FA Cup Replay Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
tassiehammer

Re: Bristol City vs West Ham FA Cup Replay Match Thread

Post by tassiehammer »

tassiehammer wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:26 am Been driving around NZ and just got the result. On the bright side " another Mickey mouse cup we can do with out cos we're still in Europe and nearly in grasp of a Champions League spot" :D
FA Cup has lost its glamour blah blah blah..........
Said it on here a few times before. Maybe it has lost its glamour but for the fans there's nothing like it. Being at the final that is. Been to one, odds on I'll never get to one again, and it will always be one of the best days of my life.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

No real surprise, and neither will the excuses be. Moyes talks the talk but when it comes to the walk he couldn't find his own two feet.

As far as i am concerned Moyes was spouting shit when he said he takes both the domestic cups seriously, he goes in to them with no real intent and a hope that the result comes out in his favour. He cant manage a plan B and he cant manage dealing on two fronts let alone 3. He wings it and hopes for the best. Shame that a team finds a couple of good players but are totally fucked when they aren't available, even against lower league oppo.

Beating these sides isnt a given right, but you need to field a team with the necessaries to achieve it. Well it wasnt on the field last night and the quatermaster certainly showed his inadequacies. But hey ho, none of the blame will sit with him, winning is what he does, shame he cant convey that to the players.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

eskimo joe wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:17 am No real surprise, and neither will the excuses be. Moyes talks the talk but when it comes to the walk he couldn't find his own two feet.

As far as i am concerned Moyes was spouting shit when he said he takes both the domestic cups seriously, he goes in to them with no real intent and a hope that the result comes out in his favour. He cant manage a plan B and he cant manage dealing on two fronts let alone 3. He wings it and hopes for the best. Shame that a team finds a couple of good players but are totally fucked when they aren't available, even against lower league oppo.

Beating these sides isnt a given right, but you need to field a team with the necessaries to achieve it. Well it wasnt on the field last night and the quatermaster certainly showed his inadequacies. But hey ho, none of the blame will sit with him, winning is what he does, shame he cant convey that to the players.
Problem is joe, that was likely the best team we could field last night with our injuries. If he’d thrown kids in from the start and we still lost is it better or worse?
What infuriates me is the length of time for a sub to be used and then it’s a like for like swap, albeit I thought Johnson did really well when he came on. Would have given the kids the 2nd half. Tbf our strength in depth is very poor. A good starting 11 but not much behind it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

brookingslovechild wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:01 am
eskimo joe wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:17 am No real surprise, and neither will the excuses be. Moyes talks the talk but when it comes to the walk he couldn't find his own two feet.

Problem is joe, that was likely the best team we could field last night with our injuries. If he’d thrown kids in from the start and we still lost is it better or worse?
What infuriates me is the length of time for a sub to be used and then it’s a like for like swap, albeit I thought Johnson did really well when he came on. Would have given the kids the 2nd half. Tbf our strength in depth is very poor. A good starting 11 but not much behind it.
Imo, and with the benefit of hindsight, it would have been interesting to see Mubama and Marshall paired up for 45 minutes to see what they could do. Not seen enough of Marshall to comment but it's clear that Mubama, like Ings, just isn't someone who can play the solo role. Everyone can see that so, without the benefit of hindsight, why continue with the experiment ? Mubama could have been paired with Ings at the expense of JWP who, imo, contributes sweet f a unless it's from a set piece. The pundits last night were saying his passing was good, but I've got kids in my Under 16 team who can take the easy sideways pass option just to retain posession. OK when you're holding on to a lead but utterly useless when you need somebody to create something for the players up front.

And thanks Herr Steidten for bringing Alvarez and Kudus to the club. But can you please try and get a refund on that Greek bottle job. Never mind the cock up that cost the goal , shit sometimes happens, but the way he chickened out of challenging the keeper late in the first half was not what should be expected from a professional.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

normannomates wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:20 am
Newmarket wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:57 pm Glad I didn’t watch it but as I was working in -5 degrees temperature
the result , and the £100+ the bookie donated warned me up a bit .

I think we’ll see a lot more of whatever was (not) produced tonight in the next few weeks .

Have the Blunts won at home this season cos it’s coming …
do you work in a large fridge?
Yes .

Next .
Bring back Jonathon !

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Really thought we had the players to win last night , and as is often mentioned the coaching staff :roll: . Didn't watch it wanted the win as much as any fan would , even though the excuse of many is its a tin pot cup now and we're in Europe and fighting for a champions league spot in the league :lol: :lol: :lol: . So losing was going to be on the cards as we just don't have the resources of other clubs which is all bollocks IMO .
Why didn't we have a DM playing , and was Ings actually expected to do a job up front on his own ? . Another thing is why weren't the youngsters given longer than 10 minutes ? , if Ings couldn't do a job for 80 minutes how did they expect them to do one in 10 . And five at the back what was all that about .
Last edited by Clayton on Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

brookingslovechild wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:01 am

He isn't known as Dithdring Dave for nothing, He has probably started work on his team sheet for the end of february.

Thing is though, it seems like most of the Domestics he doesnt take as seriously as he claims. Ok, he can have the excuse of injuries, but bar the Arsenal game it is like only the bodies of the players have turned up, the souls left at home watching on.

JayK

Post by JayK »

tassiehammer wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:26 am Been driving around NZ and just got the result. On the bright side " another Mickey mouse cup we can do with out cos we're still in Europe and nearly in grasp of a Champions League spot" :D
Moyes quoted on bbc sport…..

"It is a blow because we would have liked to have been in the cup, but we have Europe to look forward to in March and we are in a good position in the league."
COYI!!!

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

JayK wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:46 am
Moyes quoted on bbc sport…..

"It is a blow because we would have liked to have been in the cup, but we have Europe to look forward to in March and we are in a good position in the league."
Why doen't that surprise me?! There will slways be some get out. If it isn't that and we were at the bottom end we all know what will be said. In other words " Fuck the cups, if we win it it is a bonus ". True of one not so much of the other. What irks me more is he spouts all this crap, but he expects us to believe it. Like i said earlier, bar the Arsenal game ( no surprise there) the team haven't shown the will to win them, yet we are to believe he wants to. And bad luck isnt in the equation.

Bondsobob

Post by Bondsobob »

Playing in that awful Chelsea blue kit fucked me off straight from the start. And it just got worse as the night went on. :twisted: