Chris Houghton is pathetic

Chat about anything football related here!
Optimistic Lee

Chris Houghton is pathetic

Post by Optimistic Lee »

At half time we are clearly missing Kudus thanks to Houghton who apparently had discretion to allow him to play tonight. Houghton is a pathetic coach who couldn’t cut it in British football management. During the brief spell that he was allowed to play for West Ham he was accused of passing on tactics to his beloved Spurs. The c*** is a joke.

Where’s the justice in allowing Houghton and his Ghanaian cohorts to take Kudus out of the game tonight for fear of him collecting an injury? We are fucking paying his wages and we will inherit the risk of injury during AFCON which could fuck up our season should he be injured. Will Ghana pay compensation if that should happen? Of course not, they couldn’t even afford an afternoon salary for Kudus.

Nice one Houghton you pathetic c****
Tough times never last but tough people do

Whiskyman

Re: Chris Houghton is pathetic

Post by Whiskyman »

Take it up with FIFA. They make the regulations. And clubs know when they sign African players they risk losing them in the middle of every other season.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Optimistic Lee

Post by Optimistic Lee »

My understanding is that The Ghanaian football authorities, primarily led by Houghton, had the discretion to allow him to play tonight. He now plays on our cost and risk in a tin pot cup for the next month. Where’s the quid pro quo ?

Somewhat belatedly, I recognise on reflection, that in the midst of my ‘in-game’ ire against Brighton, my inference that AFCON is a tinpot competition was both disingenuous and insulting. Clearly this competition is an important feature for millions globally and I was an ocean going shit for making that remark. Although most if not all don’t give a fuck about my utterances, I still apologise for my remarks.
Last edited by Optimistic Lee on Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Optimistic Lee wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:47 pm My understanding is that The Ghanaian football authorities, primarily led by Houghton, had the discretion to allow him to play tonight. He now plays on our cost and risk in a tin pot cup for the next month. Where’s the quid pro quo ?
If clubs don’t want to lose players to the tin pot cup tournament as you call it the solution is in their hands. Don’t sign African qualified players.

Hughton and the Ghanaian FA have done nothing underhand. There is no requirement for a quid pro quo.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Optimistic Lee

Post by Optimistic Lee »

Fair point. The red mist blinded my judgement and you are completely correct.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Let’s be honest here , Ghana have done nothing wrong .

However it is abundantly unfair that Salah was allowed to play for Liverpool last night and yet Kudus can’t play tonight .

Blame the PL and Sky Sports AND West Ham .
The very minute this game was put back 24hours for television reasons Sullivan and Moyes should have been all over the football authorities like a rash .

You think Liverpool would have taken it on the chin like West Ham have ?
Bring back Jonathon !

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:21 am Let’s be honest here , Ghana have done nothing wrong .

However it is abundantly unfair that Salah was allowed to play for Liverpool last night and yet Kudus can’t play tonight .

Blame the PL and Sky Sports AND West Ham .
The very minute this game was put back 24hours for television reasons Sullivan and Moyes should have been all over the football authorities like a rash .

You think Liverpool would have taken it on the chin like West Ham have ?
goodpost:)

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Local Stratford boy made good. He played for our Sunday team once as a ring in when he signed for the spuds.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Optimistic Lee

Post by Optimistic Lee »

Somewhat belatedly and on reflection, I recognise that in the midst of my ‘in-game’ ire against Brighton, my inference that AFCON is a tinpot competition was both disingenuous and insulting. Clearly this competition is an important feature for millions globally and I was an ocean going shit for making that remark. Although most if not all don’t give a fuck about my utterances, I still apologise for my remarks.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Optimistic Lee wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:18 am Somewhat belatedly and on reflection, I recognise that in the midst of my ‘in-game’ ire against Brighton, my inference that AFCON is a tinpot competition was both disingenuous and insulting. Clearly this competition is an important feature for millions globally and I was an ocean going shit for making that remark. Although most if not all don’t give a fuck about my utterances, I still apologise for my remarks.
Don’t beat yourself up Lee - that’s what we’re here for. ;)