West Ham vs Brighton Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Brighton Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

First game of the 2024 calendar year and West Ham are now a lot better shape than they were in October. Hope to bring our excellent TEAM performance into this match which West Ham NEVER won at home against Brighton and even though we beat them 3-1 at their ground, if we played to our maxes, we can get something from here. Injuries wise we are without Antonio, Zouma, Paqueta which the latter was a big blow but hope he will be back after the winter break. Hope to have Zouma back but Antonio probably unlikely. Paqueta will be assess but I don't think he will be available for this match so changes may be made. I still DON'T trust Benrahma as he almost gave Arsenal a goal as soon as he came on.

Squad:

Areola

Coufal
Mavropanos
Ogbonna
Emerson

Soucek
Alvarez

Bowen
JWP
Kudus

Mubama.

This is the best line up against Brighton as Benrahma is far too lightweight against Brighton who are as strong as Arsenal so we need STRONG players. Will Moyes follow my best instinct? Probably not as he would put Benny behind Bowen in middle and if he does which I am expected him to do, Benny SHOULD do better. NO Excuses!! We need to end this winless home run against the seagulls since 2012 when we last won 6-0 under BFS.

Let go for it and keep it going up without fears.

COYI!!!! whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Ibbyham

Re: West Ham vs Brighton Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Kudus and Aguerd are not available to play against Brighton and Paqueta is injured so we are very light-weight unless those fringe players in Fornals and Benrahma need to do better.

Squad:

Areola

Coufal
Mavropanos
Zouma
Emerson

Alvarez
Soucek
JWP

Bowen
Mubama
Benrahma/Fornals

That is only our choice so we need Benny to step up the plate.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Towie

Post by Towie »

I thought Kudus was available as not joining Ghana until Thurs?
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Towie wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:49 pm I thought Kudus was available as not joining Ghana until Thurs?
Tbh I know not whether Kudus is available for this one or not but I will make a prediction.
If Kudus isn’t available, watch Antonio make a miraculous recovery and start the game.
Bring back Jonathon !

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Bring back Jonathon !

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

likely to get messy..

0-0

garnett

Post by garnett »

Having just watched the online preview there was an air of arrogance from one of the participants, can't imagine why personally, but I'm going to ask the question 3 match winning "superstars vs a well oiled / drilled side, if it turns out to be that way, me, I think everyone knows I'm all about performance.
We beat them 3- 1 at their place, but again the result didn't tell the full story.
I'm on holiday in Goa, would like to wish all a happy and prosperous New year. whufc_crest

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Ibbyham wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:11 pm Kudus and Aguerd are not available to play against Brighton and Paqueta is injured so we are very light-weight unless those fringe players in Fornals and Benrahma need to do better.

Squad:

Areola

Coufal
Mavropanos
Zouma
Emerson

Alvarez
Soucek
JWP

Bowen
Mubama
Benrahma/Fornals

Benny can warm the bench, it took a lot to become the worse on the field against Liverpool but he shone out. It seems to me he feels he is too good to play as a team, and i say that going on other performances not just that one. His head isnt on right.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

eskimo joe wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:27 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:11 pm Kudus and Aguerd are not available to play against Brighton and Paqueta is injured so we are very light-weight unless those fringe players in Fornals and Benrahma need to do better.

Squad:

Areola

Coufal
Mavropanos
Zouma
Emerson

Alvarez
Soucek
JWP

Bowen
Mubama
Benrahma/Fornals

Benny can warm the bench, it took a lot to become the worse on the field against Liverpool but he shone out. It seems to me he feels he is too good to play as a team, and i say that going on other performances not just that one. His head isnt on right.
Didn't think Benrahma could ever make it in this league and I was never a fan of his ( would have preferred Eze ) , but confidence is a deal breaker , Benrahma has at times been the best player on the pitch surprisingly ( not unlike Fornals when we first saw him perform ) , yet both on the majority of cases were taken off when playing well ( were they not following the gaffers orders :? ) and usually not started in the following matches IMO , though I could be wrong . .

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

eskimo joe wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:27 pm

Squad:

Areola

Coufal
Mavropanos
Zouma
Emerson

Alvarez
Soucek
JWP

Bowen
Mubama
Benrahma/Fornals

Did Benrahma not make the Algerian squad for the AFCON...?

Edit: a quick Google indicates that he’s been dropped... but Feghouli made the cut.