Arsenal vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
OZHAMMER

Re: Arsenal vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by OZHAMMER »

Happy with the way things are progressing... the highs and lows, ebbs and flows.
Last edited by OZHAMMER on Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

brookingslovechild wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:59 am
eskimo joe wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:59 am

Lucky for the first goal, lucky they werent awarded a penalty, lucky none of their 30 odd efforts on goal weren't finished off better, lucky the ball hit the post instead of going in. Luck can come in many guises and last nights i will take if it garners positive results. Bad luck was not against us last night. Well it made a brief appearance at Bennys' penalty kick, but i think good luck thought he had over paid.
weren’t lucky to lose our 2 best centre half’s before the game and our midfield genius 10 mins in joe. Beat the best team in the league who haven’t lost at home all season.
no luck against utd or wolves.
it’s irrational to me how we can’t celebrate the season we are having without giving moyes grief or saying how lucky we’ve been. Are there any supporters quite as disfunctional as us? It’s mental .
I’m guessing it’s going to get tough through jan with all the missing players so expect more melt downs incoming , but today I’m enjoying a good week of footy and sitting pretty in the league.

goodpost:)
Last edited by OZHAMMER on Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

h69 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:26 pm
brookingslovechild wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:59 am

weren’t lucky to lose our 2 best centre half’s before the game and our midfield genius 10 mins in joe. Beat the best team in the league who haven’t lost at home all season.
no luck against utd or wolves.
it’s irrational to me how we can’t celebrate the season we are having without giving moyes grief or saying how lucky we’ve been. Are there any supporters quite as disfunctional as us? It’s mental .
I’m guessing it’s going to get tough through jan with all the missing players so expect more melt downs incoming , but today I’m enjoying a good week of footy and sitting pretty in the league.

I think sometimes people have to remember that football is a sport and our remit is to finish as high up the table as possible.
Obviously the advent of Sky and their shiny production and the prevalence of armchair supporters with social media accounts means that many call for style over substance as they are led to believe that this is a show not a sport.

We are in the last 16 of the Europa League and are 6th in the league so nothing to complain about there for me.

Interesting reading some of the complements of our team from the Arsenal forum.

Last season many on here were moaning about our league position and complaining about the lack of rotation of players and how they are being 'run into the ground'. The one game we rotate in this season (in what is likely our lowest priority comp) and people accuse Moyes of throwing the game rather than criticise the players who are apparently robots and only do what the manager tells them and therefore must have been told to play badly by the management. :lol:

Going from a relegation threatened side to a side that finishes in the top 8 twice, wins a trophy in the season where they finished lower and then be back in 6th after half a season having beaten Brighton, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spura already. Of course Moyes deserves a new contract.

I know people on here will melt down at the next defeat because we are supposed to apparently win every game but I think the vloggers who claim Moyes was gone are the same ones that also claimed Moyes and Steidten don't get on which is not the case either. They get their fair amount of sheep clicking theor videos and getting them paid as negativity breeds more clicks than positive videos unfortunately.

Last three league results. 3 wins, 7 goals scored, none conceded.
And another.

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:30 am Question for you all .

Was THAT Moyesball approach to a Sky 6 away game cowardly ?

Reason I ask is that there will be an awful lot of Moyes outers becoming inners ( again) on the strength of two results amid clamourings for his new contract.

Personally I advocate the claret & booze approach.
The 6 game rule implemented.
6 games with the current levels of performance/result and the Donkey gets removed from Moyes’ head :lol:
i dont have a problem going AWAY and having no interest in winning the game
for most of my life .. its what we do... 3 away wins a season was par... same for most clubs back in the day ..different times i know....

MOYSIE SETS UP THE SAME WAY AT HOME THOUGH
... EVERY ...FUCKIN ...WEEK

'whats the problem west ham fans' ..?... :shock: ..(saucy cunt)......

MOYSIE is the best thing youve ever had and you should all be kneecapped at birth'....( ouch)

.god speed....TURKEY TOOTH .XX ....( wont be hard to find)

air traffic control should send in the bombers ..

as far as MOYSIE is concerned...hes had a touch...currently good for business , and thats ALL that matters to papa smurf.

Im sidetracked at the moment anyway by the MANC meltdown.... flashford lost his ear-rings ???
WELCOME TO THE PLEASUREDOME YOU MANC CUNTS..
Last edited by normannomates on Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:16 am Think we’ll get our arseholes fucking reamed by these cunts tbh.

Might be lucky to keep it down to 3-0
i told you we would win 2-0
the lack of faith these days is shocking

Towie

Post by Towie »

normannomates wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:08 am
Newmarket wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:30 am Question for you all .

Was THAT Moyesball approach to a Sky 6 away game cowardly ?

Reason I ask is that there will be an awful lot of Moyes outers becoming inners ( again) on the strength of two results amid clamourings for his new contract.

Personally I advocate the claret & booze approach.
The 6 game rule implemented.
6 games with the current levels of performance/result and the Donkey gets removed from Moyes’ head :lol:
i dont have a problem going AWAY and having no interest in winning the game
for most of my life .. its what we do... 3 away wins a season was par... same for most clubs back in the day ..different times i know....

MOYSIE SETS UP THE SAME WAY AT HOME THOUGH
... EVERY ...FUCKIN ...WEEK

'whats the problem west ham fans' ..?... :shock: ..(saucy cunt)......

MOYSIE is the best thing youve ever had and you should all be kneecapped at birth'....( ouch)

.god speed....TURKEY TOOTH .XX ....( wont be hard to find)

air traffic control should send in the bombers ..

as far as MOYSIE is concerned...hes had a touch...currently good for business , and thats ALL that matters to papa smurf.

Im sidetracked at the moment anyway by the MANC meltdown.... flashford lost his ear-rings ???
WELCOME TO THE PLEASUREDOME YOU MANC CUNTS..
Can’t beat an acid drop.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Amongst all the disharmony I feel that we have lost sight of the fact that we have so far this season defeated Arsenal (twice), Chelsea, The Spuds, Man Utd and let's not forget Brighton away.

Sure there have been some poor results, but if we are being honest that has long been the case.

As fans, we are being ridiculed by fans of other clubs for having an unrealistic sense of entitlement. Sure it is not perfect, but it's is surely better than it was under Alladyce, Bilic, Curbishly, Pelligrini to name but a few.

The idiom, be careful of what you wish for, springs to mind.
Last edited by Flairon on Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flairon

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

Looking at the big picture would JWP be a better penalty taker than Benny?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Flairon wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:31 pm Amongst all the disharmony I feel that we have lost sight of the fact that we have so far this season defeated Arsenal (twice), Chelsea, The Spuds, Man Utd and let's not forget Brighton away.

Sure there have been some poor results, but if we are being honest that has long been the case.

As fans, we are being ridiculed by fans of other clubs for having an unrealistic sense of entitlement. Sure it is not perfect, but it's is surely better than it was under Alladyce, Bilic, Curbishly, Pelligrini to name but a few.

Is the idiom, be careful of what you wish far springs to mind.
But i don't really think entitlement is the case, unless of course you include wanting variety instead of the same old we see every week as feeling entitled.

There is not a supporter who doesn't want their team to win games, or a trophy, however i believe there are some who may be realistic enough to know we arent good enough to finish in the top four, and are hard pushed to hit top six. We can accept that, well i can. It's not a sense of entitlement i have it is the fact he sets up the same old way, plays nigh on the same boring dross against teams we are equal or better than. Moyes is as adventurous as a sloth..

Also it donesn' t help i detest the arrogant prick. But as said in an earlier post that will change nothing, so let it continue. Cant accuse him or Sullivan for being a Trotter...what's his catch phrase?
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

eskimo joe wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:17 pm
Flairon wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:31 pm Amongst all the disharmony I feel that we have lost sight of the fact that we have so far this season defeated Arsenal (twice), Chelsea, The Spuds, Man Utd and let's not forget Brighton away.

The idiom, be careful of what you wish for, springs to mind.
But i don't really think entitlement is the case, unless of course you include wanting variety instead of the same old we see every week as feeling entitled.

There is not a supporter who doesn't want their team to win games, or a trophy, however i believe there are some who may be realistic enough to know we arent good enough to finish in the top four, and are hard pushed to hit top six. We can accept that, well i can. It's not a sense of entitlement i have it is the fact he sets up the same old way, plays nigh on the same boring dross against teams we are equal or better than. Moyes is as adventurous as a sloth..

Also it donesn' t help i detest the arrogant prick. But as said in an earlier post that will change nothing, so let it continue. Cant accuse him or Sullivan for being a Trotter...what's his catch phrase?
Not saying you have to like or that you cannot long for a more expansive, attacking style of football. All I am saying that some people who for example go on Talksport come across as unrealistic and whiny. Where it becomes entitled is when they demand it as if it is a right and something that we shoukd be delivering against the likes of Liverpool and Man City. At the end of tge day we are an exciting team on the counter attack, even when we play defensively. Sadly we may potentially loose Pacqueta, Bowen and Kudus before too long, so will need to regroup and rebuild once again.
Last edited by Flairon on Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flairon