West Ham vs Man Utd Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: West Ham vs Man Utd Official Match Thread

Post by JayK »

1st half was a real fuckin struggle but the minute our 1st went in, everyone seemed to wake up. 6th in the table currently. Above Man Utd and the barcodes. 3 behind spurs, 4 behind city and 9 behind leaders Arsenal :lol:
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Okay so the last 20 minutes warranted the victory .

I know Whiskyman will be happy but has it justified Moyes’ team selection midweek ?

Seems to me we were just strolling about and just upped the tempo at will in the last 20 minutes .

We’ll lose at Arsenal anyway so I think this team could have played midweek without any problems.
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:18 pm Our quality players win us games,not Moyes's tactics.
I’m no Moyes nosher but if you didn’t notice the tactical switch just before the Bowen goal you’re watching the wrong sport. The criticism should be that it took so long to make the switch.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:33 pm Okay so the last 20 minutes warranted the victory .

I know Whiskyman will be happy but has it justified Moyes’ team selection midweek ?

Seems to me we were just strolling about and just upped the tempo at will in the last 20 minutes .

We’ll lose at Arsenal anyway so I think this team could have played midweek without any problems.
It was a quarter final. Nothing justifies his decisions midweek
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:33 pm Okay so the last 20 minutes warranted the victory .

I am happy with the result and I know I’m in the minority but I have never given a flying toss about the Mickey Mouse so I’m not as disappointed as most seem to be about the result. I was more pissed off we didn’t see any of the kids in the 3 Mickey games we played.

My issue with Moyes today was that it took sp long for the penny to drop and make the tweaks he did that changed the game. Should have been done at half time at the very latest.

As for whether the changes on Wednesday were a factor in us winning today I guess we’ll never know.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:44 pm

I am happy with the result and I know I’m in the minority but I have never given a flying toss about the Mickey Mouse so I’m not as disappointed as most seem to be about the result. I was more pissed off we didn’t see any of the kids in the 3 Mickey games we played.

My issue with Moyes today was that it took sp long for the penny to drop and make the tweaks he did that changed the game. Should have been done at half time at the very latest.

As for whether the changes on Wednesday were a factor in us winning today I guess we’ll never know.
With you in this one whiskey. The melt down after Wednesday seemed worse than normal. Agree that it was a poor team but not sure any of the players did themself any favours either.
Utd are a shadow of teams from 15/20yrs ago defo the worst team I’ve seen in a long time.
And as my Utd supporting brother in law just said beating Utd is actually no big achievement these days……fucking lovely, also just been shouted at by the current Mrs BLC for giving it large to my mother in law😂
I love days like these.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

brookingslovechild wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:21 pm

With you in this one whiskey. The melt down after Wednesday seemed worse than normal. Agree that it was a poor team but not sure any of the players did themself any favours either.
Utd are a shadow of teams from 15/20yrs ago defo the worst team I’ve seen in a long time.
And as my Utd supporting brother in law just said beating Utd is actually no big achievement these days……fucking lovely, also just been shouted at by the current Mrs BLC for giving it large to my mother in law😂
I love days like these.
Wednesday’s performance was a fucking disgrace. The team selection did weaken us but the players that were sent out put on an utterly shambolic performance. If they’d actually turned up even if we’d lost I don’t think there would have been so much angst tbh.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Well i am sure Moyes will inform us.

Nice result though, christmas isnt spoilt now. Sod how we got it, second on my list in how to achieve a positive result.

Kudus certainly has the talent to actually place a ball, think his last three goals were identical. Pacman again on the ball. Benny could do with a lesson, but he will go in january i am guessing, especially after wednesdays performance, so neither here nor there

Mavrapanos nearly added to his record, he needs some work, starting to wonder where his next mistake comes from. Areola, fortunate to get a clean sheet.

This season was the time to beat them, any other we might have had a different story.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

missed the game...just in from spear fishing me dinner.. mixed results, a couple of red lipped batfish, but to many slippery dicks ..

always very satisfying beating the salford wankers , couldnt give a monkeys how where theyre concerned

the batfish will go down well tonight.

how the fuck are we 6th??

Moysie is still a tosser

Merry Christmas everyone..
.except Moysie

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

OZHAMMER wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:29 pm A tough watch at times, but happy to get the win.

Probably the shittest ManUre team I've ever seen.

Onwards we roll.
tough watch?...no change there then..

.how the fuck we're 6th is beyond my comprehension...we're fucking shite!!. :lol:

merry christmas cousin....is your house on stilts ?

fuck those manc wankers...