Transfer Window

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Transfer Window

Post by Newmarket »

Phillips is flying back from Dubai for the medical
Bring back Jonathon !

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:24 pm
brookingslovechild wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:51 am if philips comes who's position is he taking? cant be alvarez who has been imo our best signing and sorely missed last couple of games.

so its soucek or jwp. have we got any other corner kick takers? :D that aside cant see moyes dropping him or even thomas. he cant drop pacman (when fit) or kudos.

its a weird one, quite like the lad and think he'd be an asset to the team, just not sure where he fits in with moyes favs.
Missing a trick by not getting (another) striker or new CB in this window i reckon.
One or two news sources in Germany are linking Alvarez with a switch to Mr Kane's current employers..
would be gutted if that were the case and would seem a short term solution if philips is on loan only.

h69

Post by h69 »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:35 pm The way Moyes's mind work,I would not be surprised if he drops Alverez.Let's hope not,otherwise there will be more uproar from the Anti-Moyes fans.The question is,will the pro Moyes fans be split if it happened?

It has been rumoured that there is split about Phillips coming,only Moyes wanting Phillips.

Overall,he is a decent signing,it's just the question,who does he replace?
We all bang on about wanting a bigger higher quality squad. This is what it means. We can play different combinations depending on who the oppo is.

He doesn't have to replace anyone permanently. It will be a higher quality bigger pool of players.
Last edited by h69 on Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

brookingslovechild wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:28 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:24 pm

One or two news sources in Germany are linking Alvarez with a switch to Mr Kane's current employers..
would be gutted if that were the case and would seem a short term solution if philips is on loan only.
It’s in Bild, which is the German equivalent of the Sun so probably only a tad more believable than the usual ITK/click bait waffle we get. They are saying that Dier, yes the very same, could be on his way back to London in the summer with Alvarez going the other way.

And by "the other way" I don't think they mean he's joining the rainbow laces movement and looking for a cottage in Somerset. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:26 pm Phillips is flying back from Dubai for the medical
The cunt will probably get injured getting off the fuckin thing
COYI!!!

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

h69 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:19 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:35 pm The way Moyes's mind work,I would not be surprised if he drops Alverez.Let's hope not,otherwise there will be more uproar from the Anti-Moyes fans.The question is,will the pro Moyes fans be split if it happened?

It has been rumoured that there is split about Phillips coming,only Moyes wanting Phillips.

We all bang on about wanting a bigger higher quality squad. This is what it means. We can different combinations depending on who the oppo is.

He doesn't have to replace anyone permanently. It will be a higher quality bigger pool of players.
well said h69er.

Alverez is a walking yellow and currently injured.
Soucek is shit, but has his uses against the better sides.. weirdly enough.
JWP seems to be indestructible injury wise, but has games where hes more than hopeless...and needs subbin with quality off the bench....similar to soucek
proper midfield options for when the Europa League restarts.
he offers more than all three individually anyway imo.

excellent business by the club.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

We all bang on about wanting a bigger higher quality squad. This is what it means. We can different combinations depending on who the oppo is.

I say this only slightly tongue in cheek but , if all 4 midfield options are fit for the Bournemouth game , who do you think will make way for Phillips ?
And I’m convinced he WILL start , aren’t you ?
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:55 am

I say this only slightly tongue in cheek but , if all 4 midfield options are fit for the Bournemouth game , who do you think will make way for Phillips ?
Actually I'm not convinced he will start. Don't know how much pitch time he's had with City, not too much I guess, so I'm thinking he'll be on the bench and will get brought on sometime in the second half. Either because we've gone behind and are chasing the game or to ease him in gently in a game that's already in the bag.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:50 am

Actually I'm not convinced he will start. Don't know how much pitch time he's had with City, not too much I guess, so I'm thinking he'll be on the bench and will get brought on sometime in the second half. Either because we've gone behind and are chasing the game or to ease him in gently in a game that's already in the bag.
Probably the last ,15-20 mins.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

He has probably been guaranteed starts in his deal, as Lingard did, otherwise there would be no point in him coming to us. If he wants to force his way into the England side for the Euros he needs to be playing regularly. But it will be interesting who will make way for him.
My bet is Coufal.,.. ;)