Transfer Window

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Transfer Window

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:53 pm
brookingslovechild wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:38 pm short in pretty much all positions judging by our recent squad outings.
not sure who in the youth set up could cover full backs, central mid we seem ok ish but not a lot of creativity without pacman / kudos. Up front speaks for itself.
If alvarez gets injured we are snookered. Think he has been our best buy an absolute beast.
Would target another RB and cover for LB, a ready to go CB (people sniffy about dyer , but id have him as back up, been there and done it).
Apart from liverpool debacle oggy/the greek and auguerd / zouma have done ok.

Likelyhood is nothing incoming with some outgoing 1st.
Yeah , but what exactly has Dier been and done well , that is worth us bringing him to the club ? we need players for the future not ones that can be the backup to ok performers , especially if we want to progress .
Surely the criteria has to be "is he better than (insert name here)." I am no great fan of Dier and I would much rather see us bring in a promising young, hungry CD, whose value will hopefully increase over time rathber than be a dead weight on the balance sheet as the likes of Dier would be.

But having said that a short term loan wouldn't be a bad move. Is he better than Aguerd ? As a CD a total no brainer in my book, of course he is. And as cover for a broken Zouma and a, sadly, aging Ogbonna he'd do a short term job. B ut paying a transfer fee for him, which would be a total financial write off, is a no no for me I'm afraid.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:53 pm
Clayton wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:53 pm

Yeah , but what exactly has Dier been and done well , that is worth us bringing him to the club ? we need players for the future not ones that can be the backup to ok performers , especially if we want to progress .
Surely the criteria has to be "is he better than (insert name here)." I am no great fan of Dier and I would much rather see us bring in a promising young, hungry CD, whose value will hopefully increase over time rathber than be a dead weight on the balance sheet as the likes of Dier would be.

But having said that a short term loan wouldn't be a bad move. Is he better than Aguerd ? As a CD a total no brainer in my book, of course he is. And as cover for a broken Zouma and a, sadly, aging Ogbonna he'd do a short term job. B ut paying a transfer fee for him, which would be a total financial write off, is a no no for me I'm afraid.
Once again we are put in this position by poor transfer planning and management .

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Fortunately the Spuds chairman is one of many that refuse to do business with the Millington muncher so there’s zero chance of Dier turning up here.

Luckily as he’s shit .
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:59 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:53 pm

Once again we are put in this position by poor transfer planning and management .
We can only hope that Herr Steidten, with stereotypical Teutonic efficiency, implement an actual transfer and squad development strategy, something which in my lifetime is something West Ham have never had.

Maybe, assuming he has actually watched the youth lot in action, it is his plan to integrate the best of the bunch into the squad as replacements for the dead wood? I.m not familiar with the positions most of the kids play in but Scarles for Cresswell and Marshall for Ings would seem to be a coupleof the more obvious ones. But I fear the implementation of such a succession plan might be too much for the club.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:12 pm
Clayton wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:59 pm
We can only hope that Herr Steidten, with stereotypical Teutonic efficiency, implement an actual transfer and squad development strategy, something which in my lifetime is something West Ham have never had.

Maybe, assuming he has actually watched the youth lot in action, it is his plan to integrate the best of the bunch into the squad as replacements for the dead wood? I.m not familiar with the positions most of the kids play in but Scarles for Cresswell and Marshall for Ings would seem to be a coupleof the more obvious ones. But I fear the implementation of such a succession plan might be too much for the club.
Don't know about the club , but the implementation of such a plan might be to much for Moyes , just how many chances have the likes of Coventry and Mubama had to actually do a decent turn out on the pitch since they were promoted to the 1st Team .

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Just heard West Ham wants to get Wolves defender, Max Kilman, 26, to replace the possible outgoing Aguerd as Wolves may want Cresswell and Ings in swap deal which suit both parties. Kilman is a homegrown player and he is much better than OAP Dier which I don't want.

Also Divin Mubama are in talks with new contract so hopefully that will be done this month as I preferred West Ham NOT to buy striker as we have failed for so many years since.....Di Canio who was the last good striker that worth it value. With Bowen as first choice with Mubama and Marshall together so that we have 3 good strikers so we can buy 2 attacking midfielders for right winger and central/left winger ones.

Get yer skate on Steidten :D
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Ibbyham wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:40 am Just heard West Ham wants to get Wolves defender, Max Kilman, 26, to replace the possible outgoing Aguerd as Wolves may want Cresswell and Ings in swap deal which suit both parties. Kilman is a homegrown player and he is much better than OAP Dier which I don't want.

Also Divin Mubama are in talks with new contract so hopefully that will be done this month as I preferred West Ham NOT to buy striker as we have failed for so many years since.....Di Canio who was the last good striker that worth it value. With Bowen as first choice with Mubama and Marshall together so that we have 3 good strikers so we can buy 2 attacking midfielders for right winger and central/left winger ones.

Really do not understand why a Premier League club would want either Ings or Cresswell , maybe if that club had just been promoted from the championship the experience that both have could be an asset but surely not a club like Wolves . Not sure Wolves selling their club captain for 2 aging footballers is a deal I would want to see done if I was a wolves fan .But I suppose we can only hope a club does come in for them .

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Clayton wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:36 am
Ibbyham wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:40 am Just heard West Ham wants to get Wolves defender, Max Kilman, 26, to replace the possible outgoing Aguerd as Wolves may want Cresswell and Ings in swap deal which suit both parties. Kilman is a homegrown player and he is much better than OAP Dier which I don't want.

Really do not understand why a Premier League club would want either Ings or Cresswell , maybe if that club had just been promoted from the championship the experience that both have could be an asset but surely not a club like Wolves . Not sure Wolves selling their club captain for 2 aging footballers is a deal I would want to see done if I was a wolves fan .But I suppose we can only hope a club does come in for them .
The sooner Cresswell and Ings leave West Ham, we will have free space to fill in with younger players that are an improvement.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

If we can offload Ings, I'd be happy. He's a wage thief.

Cresswell may be of use to a Championship team, but his best is behind him. I think he's done enough to deserve a graceful exit though, as opposed to being pushed out.

WelshIron

Post by WelshIron »

OZHAMMER wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:30 pm

If we can offload Ings, I'd be happy. He's a wage thief.

Cresswell may be of use to a Championship team, but his best is behind him. I think he's done enough to deserve a graceful exit though, as opposed to being pushed out.
Agree. I have always been a fan of Cresswell but it is time for him to move on. Ings, well the sooner gone the better really.