Transfer Window

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: Transfer Window

Post by Clayton »

andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:05 pm
Clayton wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:27 pm

When their form drops off ? , going to probably upset a few here , but what exactly has JWP brought to the team ? , as for Phillips I have never seen the appeal and he is supposedly good enough to put on the England jersey , under Southgate which I suppose tells us something .
Said with tongue in cheek Clay.......Lingard is a prime example....absolute shit second half of his loan....but never dropped from the starting lineup, same can be said about Soucek......and don't get me started on Ings.....30 + games without goal.......but he was brought on last night to change the game ffs....surely that had Bournemouth quaking in their boots. Does Moyes not realise that somewhere there is a problem?
:lol: :lol: :lol: " Does Moyes not realise that somewhere there is a problem ? " . What problem would that be Andy ? , think he is far to blinkered , believes everything the pundits say about him to realise he has a limited ability , usually down to officials or the players .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:15 pm
Clayton wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:53 am

Assuming that's the case , but is he in charge ? , we also heard Moyes has the final say , after all it's his team :roll: , plus Sullivan is still our Lord and Master .
Agreed Clayton, Steiden is employed to find the future talent, Alvrez and Kudos were great signings. .....but did Moyes like them ...... there was tension between the two, that was well documented. ........Moyes obviously didn't want Kudos, using his usual excuse that he was not ready, yet, he was fully fit and was able to play for Ajax in both the league and Europe scoring 4 goals and 1 assist in 3 games, He was the only signing in the summer I got mildly excited about. In my opinion a player in good form, training with the team and raring to go, But oh no......he managed only 6 substitute appearances, for a total of 95 mins playing time. In fairness every time he came on, from his first game, that was a cameo of a total of 1 min he looked class.So one would have to ask, why? I have my suspicions but the noshers wont like it.... :D
Yet JWP, and now Phillips get to play before the ink has even dried on the contract and will continue to even when their form drops off ... becuse they are 100% Moyes choices.
My suspicion is that Moyes implied that you can buy who you want, but I wont play them....as history has proved
I think you're in danger of falling into the "blame Moyes for everything that goes tits up" trap that imo reduces the strength of the very valid arguments against giving him a new contract in the summer. And tbh was Steidten all that clever in identifying Alvarez and Kudus as great talents ? An yone who had seen them play will have realised they were good players, even if they didn't work in football for a living.

Unfortunately we weren't able to pursue Osmen, who apparently was our main window target, because we were talking to the wrong agent. Steidten ? Probably but who knows ? But you can bet your life if we had signed him it would be down to "good old Timmy". Guess we'll have to wait and see who gets blamed for that particular fiasco and also the cock ups that have now come to light that prevented the sales of Benrahma and Fornals.

Not run like a circus anymore eh Mr Noble ? I make you right, I guess most circuses are run a damn sight more efficiently.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:37 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:05 pm

Said with tongue in cheek Clay.......Lingard is a prime example....absolute shit second half of his loan....but never dropped from the starting lineup, same can be said about Soucek......and don't get me started on Ings.....30 + games without goal.......but he was brought on last night to change the game ffs....surely that had Bournemouth quaking in their boots. Does Moyes not realise that somewhere there is a problem?
:lol: :lol: :lol: " Does Moyes not realise that somewhere there is a problem ? " . What problem would that be Andy ? , think he is far to blinkered , believes everything the pundits say about him to realise he has a limited ability , usually down to officials or the players .
That problem isn't going to go away either. If thge commentator last night is to be believed Paqueta is "some way" off being ready to return and, in any event, is almost certainly off up the M6 in the summer. With Phillips probably as some sort of makeweight for the deal. However I'm sure that Fornals is totally motivated and ready to fill the creative void now that his move to Betis has been scuppered because of some sort of IT issue.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:04 pm

Agreed Clayton, Steiden is employed to find the future talent, Alvrez and Kudos were great signings. .....but did Moyes like them ...... there was tension between the two, that was well documented. ........Moyes obviously didn't want Kudos, using his usual excuse that he was not ready, yet, he was fully fit and was able to play for Ajax in both the league and Europe scoring 4 goals and 1 assist in 3 games, He was the only signing in the summer I got mildly excited about. In my opinion a player in good form, training with the team and raring to go, But oh no......he managed only 6 substitute appearances, for a total of 95 mins playing time. In fairness every time he came on, from his first game, that was a cameo of a total of 1 min he looked class.So one would have to ask, why? I have my suspicions but the noshers wont like it.... :D
Yet JWP, and now Phillips get to play before the ink has even dried on the contract and will continue to even when their form drops off ... becuse they are 100% Moyes choices.
My suspicion is that Moyes implied that you can buy who you want, but I wont play them....as history has proved
I think you're in danger of falling into the "blame Moyes for everything that goes tits up" trap that imo reduces the strength of the very valid arguments against giving him a new contract in the summer. And tbh was Steidten all that clever in identifying Alvarez and Kudus as great talents ? An yone who had seen them play will have realised they were good players, even if they didn't work in football for a living.

Unfortunately we weren't able to pursue Osmen, who apparently was our main window target, because we were talking to the wrong agent. Steidten ? Probably but who knows ? But you can bet your life if we had signed him it would be down to "good old Timmy". Guess we'll have to wait and see who gets blamed for that particular fiasco and also the cock ups that have now come to light that prevented the sales of Benrahma and Fornals.

Not run like a circus anymore eh Mr Noble ? I make you right, I guess most circuses are run a damn sight more efficiently.
There are also others who have fallen into the blame Steidten for everything already :D :D

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Looks like the Benrahma deal may still be on as the French club have appealed to fifa due to a technical problem at our end with paper work and is now in the hands of the two leagues , maybe this was also the issue with Osmen and the Fornals deals . I hope Fornals gets his move for his sake .
Maybe the one who knows what goes on in the under belly of the club will stop by and tell us what is happening one way or the other for definite .

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

According to the BBC website BOTH deals have gone through OK?

deanox

Post by deanox »

The lack of movement on the transfers was so predictable as we always wait until the last moment and stink of desperation thus the prices get inflated.
Usually with the lack of players coming in other clubs will try to use some of their youth but with Moyes in control I don't see that happening.
I would not be surprised if Tim has already had enough and fucks off to the bin dippers.
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

deanox wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:53 pm The lack of movement on the transfers was so predictable as we always wait until the last moment and stink of desperation thus the prices get inflated.
Usually with the lack of players coming in other clubs will try to use some of their youth but with Moyes in control I don't see that happening.
I would not be surprised if Tim has already had enough and fucks off to the bin dippers.
Especially when we end up with overrated players like Phillips :shock: .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:38 pm

There are also others who have fallen into the blame Steidten for everything already :D :D
That's the nature of the beast mate. But I don't see how Steidten can be blamed for Moyes' tactical failings. I suppose the Moyes fan club have to look for alternative scapegoats just as the Timmy noshers can't accept m aybe he really isn't relly the real deal. :lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

deanox wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:53 pm The lack of movement on the transfers was so predictable as we always wait until the last moment and stink of desperation thus the prices get inflated.
If he gets the opportunbity he would be silly not to wouldn't he ? An established CL club and serial trophy winner.

Of course the key word here is "opportunity". ;)