West Ham vs Crystal Palace Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Crystal Palace Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Hope we will see a better, exciting performance than of late as it wasn't impressive against Backa Topola even though we won 1-0 but the performance was very awful which I don't want to see some players in West Ham's shirt at all. Hope we will have Bowen, Kudus and Alvarez back as Crystal Palace are a very strong side and we haven't won at home against them since Pellegrini was in charge in 2018 and that have to stop as they are fast becoming our bogey team like Brentford and Brighton. Palace are a very good side especially in away matches and they reminded the "Wimbledon" way. Keeping clean sheer is very hard to come by as we kept inviting them all over us time to time, even teams like Burnley and Nottingham Forest. Moyes need to change that habit and we need to be counted and not to be bullied. Hope Mubama will start again and with better service from Kudus, Bowen and Paqueta will help him florish.

Squad:

Areola

Coufal
Zouma
Mavropanos/Aguerd
Emerson

Alvarez
JWP
Paqueta

Bowen
Mubama
Kudus

This is the strongest line-up but if Alvarez and Kudus not receoved then Soucek will be in place of Alvarez and Fornals in place of Kudus.

Hope we will see a positive performance and end this awful winless home rot against Palace.

Result: Probable:

West Ham Win: 30%
Draw: 40%
Palace Win: 30%

COYI!!!!!
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

JayK

Re: West Ham vs Crystal Palace Official Match Thread

Post by JayK »

How can you keep Soucek out the team at the moment, Ibbs? He’s our main goal threat
COYI!!!

Towie

Post by Towie »

Tough game, they may be without Eze who is their may play maker. Though Olise can make anything happen from nothing.

Play like we did last 2 games and Palace will win comfortably.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Soucek has made himself undroppable in recent games and has to start. And Cornet did enough during his brief cameo last night to surely put him in front of Benrahma in the pecking order imo. Kudus and Bowen will come in if fit I guess, but Mubama deserves another outing which will probably make team selection a bit of an issue.

Won't please a lot of people but personally I'd drop Paqueta after his last 2 games. Although Ward-Prowse in recent games has offered nothing apart from his set pieces. Paqueta's got a lot of quality but, ffs, stop trying to make everything look like a fucking work of art. Do the obvious and simple things occasionally. Particularly when they're so fucking obvious. And stop rolling around like one of those weeble wobble doys that kids used to have in the 70s.

How about this little lot

Areola;
Coufal , Mavrapanos, Kehrer, Emerson:
Alvarez, Aguerd:
Cornet, Kudus, Bowen;
Mubama.

Imo putting Aguerd into a holding role would make us tighter at the back and, at least imo, Kehrer is a better option at CD than Aguerd. It would also allow us to make better use of Aguerd's pace and distribution which are two of his strong points.. And I thionk the three I'd put in behind Mubama would be able to give him, or Ings if we need to bring him on at a later stage, the support he needs.

Of course Bowen and Kudus could both still be injured which would mean that line up, which Moyes would never use anyway, is even more out of the question than most people will probably think it is anyway. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:00 am Soucek has made himself undroppable in recent games and has to start. And Cornet did enough during his brief cameo last night to surely put him in front of Benrahma in the pecking order imo. Kudus and Bowen will come in if fit I guess, but Mubama deserves another outing which will probably make team selection a bit of an issue.

Won't please a lot of people but personally I'd drop Paqueta after his last 2 games. Although Ward-Prowse in recent games has offered nothing apart from his set pieces. Paqueta's got a lot of quality but, ffs, stop trying to make everything look like a fucking work of art. Do the obvious and simple things occasionally. Particularly when they're so fucking obvious. And stop rolling around like one of those weeble wobble doys that kids used to have in the 70s.

Areola;
Alvarez, Aguerd:
Cornet, Kudus, Bowen;
Mubama.

Imo putting Aguerd into a holding role would make us tighter at the back and, at least imo, Kehrer is a better option at CD than Aguerd. It would also allow us to make better use of Aguerd's pace and distribution which are two of his strong points.. And I thionk the three I'd put in behind Mubama would be able to give him, or Ings if we need to bring him on at a later stage, the support he needs.

Of course Bowen and Kudus could both still be injured which would mean that line up, which Moyes would never use anyway, is even more out of the question than most people will probably think it is anyway. ;)
Liking the team selection , though as you yourself say Moyes ain't going to use it .

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Has all the trappings of another shit fest

However will fuck the ultras over 2-0

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:00 am Soucek has made himself undroppable in recent games and has to start. And Cornet did enough during his brief cameo last night to surely put him in front of Benrahma in the pecking order imo. Kudus and Bowen will come in if fit I guess, but Mubama deserves another outing which will probably make team selection a bit of an issue.

Areola;
Alvarez, Aguerd:
Cornet, Kudus, Bowen;
Mubama.

Ain’t that the truth .
Bring back Jonathon !

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

JayK wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:27 pm How can you keep Soucek out the team at the moment, Ibbs? He’s our main goal threat
Soucek only scored goals from 80 mins plus so if he start on bench, then he can come in 75 to rescue us, however it is much depend on Moyes with JWP, Alvarez and Paqueta in midfielder area in a 4-3-3 unless if Moyes want to put 4-2-3-1 with Paqueta, Kudus and Bowen in behind Mubama then with JWP and Alvarez in DM area so maybe Soucek will start on bench unless if Alvarez still not recovered from illness and Soucek may need a rest.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Areola;
Alvarez, Aguerd:
Cornet, Kudus, Bowen;
Mubama.

You could be right there and depend if players back from illness/injuries. Moyes keeping his cards to his chest but I hope to see performance improves as we were very poor in recent games despite not losing 3 games but face with weaker teams. Palace are like Brentford and Brighton who they can hurt you so we need to be very sharp on this game.

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

MOYSIE/WOYSIE DAY is looming large...oh joy...

5-5