Burnley vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: Burnley vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by terrya1965 »

exhammer wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:26 am Shame theres one or two people who cant enjoy that we won a game despite playing poorly. May be the reason this forum isnt the busiest one on the web. Too bloody negative.
I think the majority on here think we are far too pragmatic for the players we have.We play nearly every game like we are a team that has just been promoted to.the PL,that has never been here before.

We seem to.play the same tactics away from home especially,no matter whether we are playing a City or a Burnley.(we we're so.poor Saturday) Maybe that's why Moyes has lost 21 of the past 32 away games in the PL and not NEVER beaten the very best away from home in the PL in his managerial history. Even the most negative managers like Big Sam/Woy and Warnock have turned over the very best in top flight,but Moyes hasn't. .

Parry Hotter

Post by Parry Hotter »

exhammer wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:26 am Shame theres one or two people who cant enjoy that we won a game despite playing poorly. May be the reason this forum isnt the busiest one on the web. Too bloody negative.
Only a few saddos mate. And the ones that think they know better then every other cunt on here. Thing what gets me is that palerider tosser was the fucker who said some of the postings here was too repetitive. His aint repetitive there fucking identical.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Your English has got better Parry. Did you pass your O level resit ?

And I never did say posts were repetitive.

Just too long.

Get it right you fucking imbecile.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Two moments of brilliance won us that game
The rest was fucking gash from both sides.

exhammer

Post by exhammer »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:25 pm
I think the majority on here think we are far too pragmatic for the players we have.We play nearly every game like we are a team that has just been promoted to.the PL,that has never been here before.

We seem to.play the same tactics away from home especially,no matter whether we are playing a City or a Burnley.(we we're so.poor Saturday) Maybe that's why Moyes has lost 21 of the past 32 away games in the PL and not NEVER beaten the very best away from home in the PL in his managerial history. Even the most negative managers like Big Sam/Woy and Warnock have turned over the very best in top flight,but Moyes hasn't. .
I get thet. But some just keep spouting out the same crap over and over. Were not stupid. We know qiuite a lot dont like the tactics without having it chucked at us every time we come here. Probably why this forums dead. Thought it might be a good place for a bit of footy chat but theres only about 2 or 3 posters on here who are worth reading. Think I might stick to WH Online and Kumb. More life and better chat. Good luck Terry.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:48 pm Two moments of brilliance won us that game
The rest was fucking gash from both sides.
I seem to remember Trevor Sinclair scoring a bit of a spectacular at Upton Park many years ago. I think it may have been against Derby and the goal didn't get a lot of recognition maybe because if memory serves it was the third or fourth goal in a 5-0 or 6-0 win.

Of course my memory could well be playing tricks and I'm totally hallucinating again. ;)

Can't disagree with your summing up of the game.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

exhammer wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:51 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:25 pm

I get thet. But some just keep spouting out the same crap over and over. Were not stupid. We know qiuite a lot dont like the tactics without having it chucked at us every time we come here. Probably why this forums dead. Thought it might be a good place for a bit of footy chat but theres only about 2 or 3 posters on here who are worth reading. Think I might stick to WH Online and Kumb. More life and better chat. Good luck Terry.
Perfectly OK to dislike the tactics and be critical of them but what certain people don't seem to like is other people having an opinion different to theirs. Probably why you don't get the type of debate on here you said you liked when you first posted. I know you are a relative newbie but there used to be some lively banter and debate on this forum but it has definitely gone down the proverbial crapper.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:06 pm
exhammer wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:51 pm

Perfectly OK to dislike the tactics and be critical of them but what certain people don't seem to like is other people having an opinion different to theirs. Probably why you don't get the type of debate on here you said you liked when you first posted. I know you are a relative newbie but there used to be some lively banter and debate on this forum but it has definitely gone down the proverbial crapper.
Ok so the majority on here are , er , anti-Moyes shall we say , putting it mildly , but I don’t read many posts with the opposite view ?
If there was I’m sure there would BE a mass debate on the topic .
Unfortunately I reckon the only pro-Moyes anti-football supporters that visit the forum visit to just complain about the anti-Moyes posts.
The IS no debate on the topic of Mr Moyes as the only Moyes posts I see want rid of the man .

I wish there WAS but in order to debate a subject there has to be opposite views and there aren’t .
Bring back Jonathon !

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Just to add to that , I think most people have given up moaning about Moyes tbh .

It’s more Gallows humour in writing these days to be honest , laughing at themselves as much as anything else .

I’ll add to the Moyes thread when I get time or create a new one maybe with a poll .
And when I do let’s see what genuine debate we get .
Bring back Jonathon !

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:25 pm Just to add to that , I think most people have given up moaning about Moyes tbh .

It’s more Gallows humour in writing these days to be honest , laughing at themselves as much as anything else .

I’ll add to the Moyes thread when I get time or create a new one maybe with a poll .
And when I do let’s see what genuine debate we get .
Your probably right his stubbornness negative tactics ,team selection substitutions have ground many fans down over time
His excuses blaming everyone and everything apart from himself are tiresome, his sometime snide little digs at supporters grinds peoples gears.
And we all know he will never change
I still feel he’s not well liked at the club as a person.