Everton deducted 10 points

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: Everton deducted 10 points

Post by palerider »

Although the identity of the independent three man panel was a secret there's a suggestion that one of them was a certain Nick Igoe. Who was West Ham's finance director during the Carlos Tevez business.

The irony.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

tassiehammer wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:39 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:22 am

I'm waiting for the bidding to start for the rights to show the trial live on the box mate. Promises to be more entertaining than most of the crap they show. Can't you just imagine it ?

And now, over to the High Court where the prosecution is about to set out it's case, AND IT'S LIVE !!!

Wouldn't mind having a lirrle wager that Everton's deduction will be reduced and the "balance" suspended for a couple of seasons.
I thought straight away that the Toffees will appeal and the league will suspend the sentence or soften it due to City and the rent boys in the background. But now that Leeds and co are smelling large amounts of cash it might be a different ball game. The lid might be off and too hard to get back on.
Going to be fun. The legal eagles are powdering their wigs as we speak.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:55 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:05 pm

Don’t understand what you’re saying mate. Of course the stadium costs would be chatted to the club. The new stadium will be a club asset. Out of curiosity why did you expect the owners to swallow the cost.
Well they would have to swallow the cost of something to avoid the now current problem. I expect nothing, but they cant really turn around all surprised that it was included in the debt.
I don't think they would. I'm no expert on FFP but my understanding is that owners throwing money at their particular project is exactly what the rules have been put there to stop happening.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:35 am
eskimo joe wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:55 am

Well they would have to swallow the cost of something to avoid the now current problem. I expect nothing, but they cant really turn around all surprised that it was included in the debt.
I don't think they would. I'm no expert on FFP but my understanding is that owners throwing money at their particular project is exactly what the rules have been put there to stop happening.
FFP allows owners to spend as much as they want to on infrastructure. What it is supposed to limit is overspending on players.

So an owner can legitimately pour funds into stadium development, training facilities, youth development and so on with impunity.

The problems come when clubs try to buy success, rather than earning it by working their way up the league pyramid. This has led clubs into bankruptcy, which was the reason why FFP was initially proposed.

So reading that i gather any money used for anything not mentioned in the first paragraph is open to scrutiny.

Seems like rules change to suit.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

palerider

Post by palerider »

Andy Burnham, mayor of Manchester, Everton ST holder and the man with the most immaculate eyebrows in the world has written to the PL to say that the points deduction should be null and void as there were no specific sanctions in place before they started procedings.

I actually have a bit of sympathy for them. The breakaway six got a 22m fine....between them, for something far worse imo.

But you have to start somewhere. There were no specific sanctions in place when we got caned for 25m for the Tevez thing.

So fuck off you northern monkey.