Newbie here

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Newbie here

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:49 am
tassiehammer wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:54 am Greetings from down under Bob. Well NZ at the moment. On hols.
What a fucking fantastic place this is. Unbelievable. Kiwiland that is not hammers chat. :lol: Back across the Tasman it's called the land of the long white cloud. Hardly seen one, bit like a West Ham centre forward. Nothing but blue skies and beautiful beaches.
Think your giving anyone who has never been to NZ a far from accurate picture of the climate . Though thecsummers like anywhere can be fantastic .But as someone who lived in both the North and south islands for almost 20 years I can testify that it's not all blue skies and beautiful beaches . They have storms that will sink ships , can get very breezy , and I have walked through knee high snow down south . If you love the outdoors rain and mud would be something you would need to tolerate if your into hunting and tramping .
Bloody good when you catch the weather at the right time , have a good holiday Taz .
I've never been to NZ but I know a couple who used to live in Dunedin. They once told me the climate is very much like the South of England but without as much rain as we are used to.

And where I am at the moment that means it can get fucking cold in winter time. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Bobby_on_Beat

Post by Bobby_on_Beat »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:59 pm Yeah,I was on the "We love Moyes thread" earlier and got my normal kicking :lol:

Welcome Bob.
Thanks Terry. I think it was one of your posts that got changed. As Geo and Gonzo have said umpteen times, just cos someone criticises the manager doesn't mean they dont appreciate any of the good stuff gone before. Neither does it necessarily mean you want him gone straight away. It

Just like discussing football without it being politicised into different camps. It's worse than Brexit debates sometimes :D

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Bobby_on_Beat wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:26 am
terrya1965 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:59 pm Yeah,I was on the "We love Moyes thread" earlier and got my normal kicking :lol:

Welcome Bob.
Thanks Terry. I think it was one of your posts that got changed. As Geo and Gonzo have said umpteen times, just cos someone criticises the manager doesn't mean they dont appreciate any of the good stuff gone before. Neither does it necessarily mean you want him gone straight away. It

Just like discussing football without it being politicised into different camps. It's worse than Brexit debates sometimes :D

Fear not Bob.
So long as you're a proper cunt, are in to drinking fence cleaner/anti freeze etc and don't mind the odd dalliance with farm animals, you should fit right in.
I'm currently on my way back from Romania with a van full of hairy women a giant inflatable cock and a llama called Jim.
Adieu n all that.
BB.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Bobby_on_Beat

Post by Bobby_on_Beat »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:59 am are in to drinking fence cleaner/anti freeze
Only on weekends...

eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Post by eastcoastclaret »

Bobby_on_Beat wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:29 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:59 am are in to drinking fence cleaner/anti freeze
Only on weekends...
Wonderful underrated film Bob, full of fabulous quotes. Bravo sir and welcome to the madhouse.
Now , who’s gone on holiday by mistake......
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

Bobby_on_Beat

Post by Bobby_on_Beat »

eastcoastclaret wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:59 pm Wonderful underrated film Bob, full of fabulous quotes. Bravo sir and welcome to the madhouse.
Now , who’s gone on holiday by mistake......
Cheers eastcoast. "I'll install a fucking juke box and liven all you stiffs up a bit!" ;)

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Bobby_on_Beat wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:17 am Thanks chaps.

I'm in the 'let Moyes contract run out' camp. I thought he was what we needed after Pellers plunging us into a mess, certainly doff my cap to Moyes for get a first team organised and getting us secure, and obviously the cup win. But now? Nah. He ain't what we need anymore. It's been a tough 2 years of watching this style of football and after 4+ years of Moyes in charge, I don't think we have a squad that can maintain results. It's not a squad where we can mix things up either - we're so predictable under Moyes. An opposition manager's dream. Time to let the club evolve - we need a manager who can excite the fans a bit more and can manage a larger squad.

As for 'the other place'. Effing keyboard warriors on there are a joke. Make a comment about squad management or tactics and the like, and you're moaning or negative or have an agenda. Some of them are logged in all day! Might be quieter on here, but at least you can say your peace without comments being edited by moderators.

Is there a newbie initiation? Do I have to drink a pint of piss or something? Tattoo?
No tattoo needed but you have to put a banner across your house for a week saying
"I love numbers" that should get you a lot of friends on here. :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............